OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Strong bag negotiating tactic. You beat a school who is in my top 5 and hasn't won a title since the 1980s, but I'm not sure you're ready to compete. :lol:

Lol Kelee Ringo seems to be using that reasoning now too :lol:

9250500.png

I thought UT was the favorite?

UGA just missed out on the kid who committed to USCe so they may not be outbidded on this one. One thing for sure though is that with how LSU is dropping bags this cycle, this kid is going to get paid wherever he ends up.

The Texas board is furious about this. “The Sugar Bowl was supposed to mean something dammit!!”

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

:lol:

Lol Kelee Ringo seems to be using that reasoning now too :lol:

9250500.png

:lol::lol::lol: @ at trying to parse out the rationale of a seventeen-year-old. At the end of the day, he doesn't want to go to Texas, who cares what he says?

:lol: Bro they were CONVINCED he was going there... Brother's a UT fanboy idiot on Twitter for yeeeeeears.

They were convinced on Ringo, too.

Going to be interesting to see how the class plays out for them and A&M. They're kind of in a position again where they're in very, very few head-to-heads for the second year in a row. Jimbo's gone heavy out of state.

He's been there a ton... But interest seems to have trailed off hardcore for one reason or another.

didn't Ringo make a 1 week visit at Austin a couple of months ago?
Yup, Nako was ready to call the NCAA himself.

He's been there a ton... But interest seems to have trailed off hardcore for one reason or another.
Told y'all GDay is the beginning of the bag drop cycle. :lol::lol: There will be more twists and turns though if he goes the distance with his recruiting.

:lol::lol::lol: @ at trying to parse out the rationale of a seventeen-year-old. At the end of the day, he doesn't want to go to Texas, who cares what he says?
I mean, we follow recruiting. That's kinda what happens.

“Drew Mehringer, Sam Ehlinger and Kevin Washington are due to arrive in Los Angeles around 11 a.m. CT while Tom Herman is scheduled to arrive around 5 p.m. CT, according to sources. All four are expected to meet with Bru McCoy and his family later today, sources told Horns247.”

They sent Sam!! Mans is missing workouts for this! What’s the NCAA rule on paying for active players to go on recruiting trips? :nerd: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Maaaan this **** has gotten so silly.

Tequila Tom couldn't catch the early flight with everyone else? :smh:

Is Bru McCoy good enough to deal with all of this?

I think it’s the principle of the thing now. SC were unhappy with how UT tampered and were about to get away with it. If Bru goes back to SC after a semester at UT it sends the message that Texas isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and will give other California kids pause. It’ll also help with recruiting Flowe, Elias and Steele.

Herman seems obsessed with him as a player but UT wants to open up a California pipeline and after recruiting a bunch of kids like Justin Flowe with the pitch “look even Bru, an SC legacy and lock, saw how wack SC was and bailed” it’s a terrible look if Bru then turns around like “actually at least it’s better than Texas.”

He’s basically Juju as a WR. As a LB he’s elite but he doesn’t want to play LB. He’s not a TE.

He'd be a TE in the sense that guys like Evan Engram and Jordan Reed are TE's. I'd trust him to get consistent separation from LB's and S's, I don't against corners.

If he's going to play the "Y" in the Air Raid tho, he's going to be a glorfied TE like Ricky Seals-Jones was at A&M.

When I said TE I meant he's not an in-line blocking tight end.

For what it's worth, I read that Kliff Kingsbury sold both he and Kyle Ford as being split end receivers, with one of them lining up inside when they're both on the field. It was actually Kyle that they pitched more as the tight-end hybrid.

The 247 breakdown from when he transferred to Texas:

What to Like: McCoy is one of the nation’s top recruits on both sides of the ball. He’s rated the No. 9 player in the 247Sports Composite but you can make an argument he’s the best football player in the country in the 2019 class. As a receiver, he has plus size, strength, hands, toughness and body control. He can bully opposing cornerbacks and has deceiving speed and is able to make plays down the field. He’s excellent in jump ball situations, runs well after the catch and is a tremendous blocker. McCoy will start out at receiver but he could have even more upside on the defensive side of the ball. He played outside linebacker and is a natural pass rusher, very good in space and shows the ability to take on blocks, is strong at the point of attack and can run down plays from behind. He has a tremendous motor, plays with a major edge in his game and could develop in to an All-American level player on either side of the ball. McCoy will play receiver for the Horns but could get some time as a designated pass rusher as well.

Areas to improve: As a receiver, McCoy can improve as a route runner and improve his overall burst and explosiveness. As mentioned, he good long speed but can improve his short area quickness and getting in and out of his breaks. He has never been able to practice full time at receiver since he played on both sides of the ball at Mater Dei so he should make big strides in terms of his polish and technique once he can devote his full time solely on offense. As a pass rusher, McCoy relies mostly on his speed off the edge to beat a tackle off the snap. He can improve technique wise, learn a few more counter moves and also improve his strength to deal with opposing tackles who can handle his speed of the edge.

According to an unverified Reddit user from Texas with only 2 upvotes, USC is sending Bru's girlfriend to the meeting as well:

(That's supposedly really his girlfriend, so this is mostly just an excuse to post that)

Back
Top Bottom