OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Mehringer is Herman's guy.

He's been with Herman at OSU, Houston and now Texas. Herman's hired him everywhere he's been.

Texas' receivers were about the best thing going for them last year with Humphrey and Collin Johnson, and Mehringer seems like his name comes up CONSTANTLY in recruiting. So I don't know. Seems weird there'd be a disconnect there, unless Mehringer wants another shot at an OC job somewhere and Herman won't give up play calling.

Taylor Estes just posted the same thing about Mehringer’s future being unsure:

“Sources told me that McCoy has also been concerned about the future of his position coach and primary recruiter, Drew Mehringer, and cannot determine if Herman will be looking to replace Mehringer once the one-year contract extensions for the Longhorns' assistant coaches expire following the 2019 football season.”

https://247sports.com/college/texas...ver-potential-transfer-USC-Trojans-132445119/

I think all the assistants are in one-year contracts. Herman likes it that way because he’s a piece of **** :lol:

Says it keeps them motivated and that if they’re doing their job there shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

9254550.png

Tweets were probably about Bru but Zach Evans took umbrage at the remarks anyway. A lot of drama in Austin right now.

and i only ask that because i’ve seen multiple deals since tuesday like.....

he’s homesick
drew mehringer getting fired
him being lied to about collin johnson returning
he couldn’t get cleared to be eligible this season
he broke spring camp as 3rd string
his GF is a cheerleader for the Lakers

so who knows

and i only ask that because i’ve seen multiple deals since tuesday like.....

he’s homesick
drew mehringer getting fired
him being lied to about collin johnson returning
he couldn’t get cleared to be eligible this season
he broke spring camp as 3rd string
his GF is a cheerleader for the Lakers

so who knows

I’ll sum up a lot of what’s been said in this thread already:

1. He transferred to UT because he bought Tom Herman’s negative recruiting that Clay and Kliff lies to and played him and Kliff was always going to the NFL (that SC used him as a recruiting prop) even though Bru is a legacy and was silent committed to SC before Kliff signed on.

2. He misses hanging out and playing with his friends — JT, Amon Ra, Jude, Kyle, and soon to be Bryce. Maybe also soon to be Flowe, Ricks, and others. Besides DeGabriel Floyd he didn’t have many friends on the team. He wasn’t clicking with a lot of players at UT and felt isolated. General homesickness — He wasn’t adjusting to the weather, isolation, geography, and food in Austin. He wasn’t going out with his teammates and was spending all his time in his room talking to his friends at SC.

3. Caps to emphasize a football reason: GRAHAM HARRELL

4. His girlfriend

5. He thinks Herman is going to fire Mehringer. The fact this was something that was discussed for a while at the home visit says there must have been some smoke besides the 1 year contract for him to think that. UT boards seem to think Mehringer is embattled and on the hot seat as well for whatever reason. I know their offense sucked last year but I thought that was due to the o line being bad and Ehlinger being a glorified wildcat QB.

6. UT just wasn’t as cool to attend as it was to visit during a “rivalry” game against USC

————

In regards to his waiver, it wasn’t 100% he was going to get it but SC wasn’t actively blocking it either. Texas were concerned of a tampering claim being raised though, because that's how SC would get back his initial counter.

In regards to football, according to Biggins he was going to be a starter or at the least playing this fall.
In closing:

New low for FSU. They're starting their starting left tackle is transferring to Alabama to compete for a job.

Yea, I'm not sure how mad FSU can be mad at losing a kid who was never healthy to begin with.

I hate FSU more than anyone but a UGA fan talking about a "new low" made me chuckle. These dudes have won a natty this decade. :lol:

Last edited:
What is LA is better than BBQ and Tex-Mex? I'm sure there are Mexican-Mexican spots in Austin too.

The food thing was weird to me too but I imagine what they mean is the variety of food he had access to in OC/LA was greater and it was just a rough transition? Personally I would take LA food options over Texas (never been to Austin but I’ve eaten in Dallas and Houston) any day.

9256572.jpg

Rumor is it’s a grades fixing scandal. Could make a bunch of kids ineligible.

This is the same coach who would hide (claim to “forget about”) scholarship offers for kids to influence where they go.

Last edited:
i already know of 5 kids looking for homes right now.

Its gonna get ugly.

But F Narbonne. When MD and Bosco are questioning what you do, it's bad.

Back
Top Bottom