OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Stidham has all the measurables, size, arm strength and he can move. He does get happy feet and makes dumb decisions sometimes though. Part of his issue is Galzahns predictable at calling.

This is also a weak QB draft so he might be a first-round pick by default.

He got to do more of it at Baylor but the accuracy down the field is probably the most impressive thing about his game IMO.

Bruce Arians is gone, but he'd be a perfect fit in that type of offense that requires a guy to be accurate down the field on passes that require a lot of velocity.

And got suspended for his troubles

It wasn't for those tweets.

Edwards, Michigan’s all-time leading receiver and an analyst for BTN, deleted the tweet from Saturday night that set off a flurry of response from fans, but it was, of course, frozen in screenshots. He was critical of center Cesar Ruiz and quarterback Shea Patterson and called Michigan football “trash.”

“Ruiz is weak, line is weak, shea is scared, (expletive) Michigan offense is so predictable … Michigan football is sadly one thing … Trash,” Edwards wrote.

On Monday, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh said he was “disappointed” Edwards criticized the character of his players. Edwards, in a phone interview with The Detroit News on Monday afternoon, said he was sorry for singling out players but maintained his critical assessment regarding the Michigan football program under Harbaugh.

“Was the original tweet a little excessive?” Edwards told The Detroit News. “I admit I was excessive and emotional and inebriated. Mix those together. But the focus of my tweets remains intact. I stand by that. I was over-excessive Saturday night at 10:29, but I don’t back down on my overall stance as an alum and a fan. I’ve always defended Michigan. Even this year, I was high on Michigan.”

More: Niyo: Wolverines walking a much-maligned line

More: Harbaugh plans on same offensive line for Michigan vs. Western

Edwards admitted it was a mistake to mention Ruiz and Patterson. His brother, Berkley Edwards, is a running back on the team and Edwards said he plans to reach out to both players through his brother.

“I apologize for that,” Edwards said. “I’m a man. We make mistakes. I’m sorry. I should not have gone that way. I still agree with the overall message – what do we do now (as a program)? But I apologize – shouldn’t name individual players. They’re still kids. That’s what I apologize for.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...edwards-suspended-big-ten-network/1185351002/

Nothing Braylon said was really that bad but you can't be ****posting like a fan when your getting cut a check as a TV analyst.

When that happened i asked an forner Michigan player about it. He said that he wasn’t wrong with what he’s trying to say but you have to be professional and don’t drink while you tweet.

I think I’m going to wait until later in the morning to take a gander at the FSU boards. I need those who woke up w/ anger and bloodlust on their brain to be able to let more of that out on the boards before I start reading. Max chaos

0-17 on the road against ranked teams. Unacceptable.

Some might even say it’s unforgivable

upload_2018-9-4_9-50-54.png

I think I’m going to wait until later in the morning to take a gander at the FSU boards. I need those who woke up w/ anger and bloodlust on their brain to be able to let more of that out on the boards before I start reading. Max chaos

Any fire Willie Taggert threads yet?

We won by 22 and there’s at least 5 fire Helton threads :lol:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/3/17815690/washington-huskies-espn-feud

Both the Pac-12 office and UW were aware of Jones’ tweet Sunday. An athletic department spokesman told The Seattle Times that Washington has been assured that Jones will not be broadcasting any of the Huskies’ games this season (and likely not any anytime soon).

“We are aware of the inappropriate comments in this tweet and have addressed it with ESPN,” the Pac-12 wrote in a statement.

New Coaches Poll: http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

TOP 25 TEAMS, WEEK 2
RANK TEAM RECORD POINTS 1ST PLACE VOTES PREV CHANGE HI/LOW
1 Alabama 1-0 1571 59 1 – 1/1
2 Clemson 1-0 1498 3 2 – 2/2
3 Georgia 1-0 1414 0 4 1 3/4
4 Ohio State 1-0 1398 1 3 -1 3/4
5 Oklahoma 1-0 1312 0 5 – 5/5
6 Wisconsin 1-0 1249 0 7 1 6/7
7 Auburn 1-0 1219 0 10 3 7/10
8 Notre Dame 1-0 1077 0 11 3 8/11
9 Stanford 1-0 909 0 13 4 9/13
10 Penn State 1-0 893 0 9 -1 9/10
11 Washington 0-1 800 0 6 -5 6/11
12 Southern California 1-0 766 0 15 3 12/15
13 Michigan State 1-0 733 0 12 -1 12/13
14 Virginia Tech 1-0 730 0 17 3 14/17
15 Louisiana State 1-0 724 0 24 9 15/24
16 Texas Christian 1-0 699 0 16 – 16/16
17 West Virginia 1-0 612 0 20 3 17/20
18 Mississippi State 1-0 531 0 18 – 18/18
19 Boise State 1-0 362 0 22 3 19/22
20 Central Florida 1-0 339 0 23 3 20/23
21 Miami 0-1 277 0 8 -13 8/21
22 Michigan 0-1 227 0 14 -8 14/22
23 Oklahoma State 1-0 225 0 25 2 23/25
24 South Carolina 1-0 189 0 NR 2 24/NR
25 Florida 1-0 138 0 NR 2 25/NR

Herman getting killed

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article217760255.html

The UT job requires the ego of Nick Saban, and his coaching prowess, too. Herman is long on one, and just a bit short on the other.

Texas’ season-opening loss against a Maryland team that is beset with scandal, tragedy and an interim coach was surprising, only until it wasn’t.

The money is as staggering at UT as are the losses. We now expect Texas to lose.

No matter, per Tommy Boy, UT’s second-consecutive season-opening loss to national-championship contender Maryland was much different.

So I asked him how.

“We are much more cohesive; the results in the two may appear similar to the general public, or fan; they felt much different than that to me or the staff or the team,” Herman said on the Big 12 Coaches’ Conference call.
“This year’s team, the reason we didn’t play well early in the game is because we wanted it so badly,” he said.

Maryland, which was playing in honor of a teammate who died earlier in the offseason,didn’t want the win quite so much.

I came away this weekend very unimpressed from QB & line play overall, teams are putting together great defensive lines & secondaries though, I think there's an obvious correlation there.

Olinemen is probably the hardest position to recruit I know richt couldn’t get elite oline talent to save his life. The elite programs get them.

^ he got injured in the last few minutes too, right?
I know that it was late in the game. Remember him getting checked out on the sideline but don't remember exactly when. He's quick as hell off the edge.

Back
Top Bottom