OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

casper90403 casper90403 Bobby Layne Bobby Layne Couple of people have said the 2-year suspension story for Bubba is not true and was Chris Swanson making up a scoop. No suspension timeline if any has been discussed yet.

FREE KOBE is saying it was a bad alcohol related incident where both sides were at fault and would not warrant even a 3 game suspension. He's an annoyingly vocal men's-rights trumper though, so take that with a grain of salt.

casper90403 casper90403 Bobby Layne Bobby Layne Couple of people have said the 2-year suspension story for Bubba is not true and was Chris Swanson making up a scoop. No suspension timeline if any has been discussed yet.

FREE KOBE is saying it was a bad alcohol related incident where both sides were at fault and would not warrant even a 3 game suspension. He's an annoyingly vocal men's-rights trumper though, so take that with a grain of salt.

I just wanna see the kid play so I can be pissed we didn’t get him :lol:

Burt Reynolds.jpg

RIP Burt Reynolds.

good to see Hawaii playing exciting football again. Nothing better than chasing a poor day in gambling with their late night games on Saturday. I made so much money off them in the Chang/Brennon days.

I had no idea they paid these fools $1.7 million. Should’ve just scheduled a MAC team and saved money

After getting beat 77-31 by Ohio State, Oregon State no longer going to schedule good teams – CollegeFootballTalk
35 mins ago

The state of Oregon State’s program is not great at the moment. There’s a new head coach in Jonathan Smith, a roster that’s getting turned over and the perennial challenges that come with having a Power Five football team located in a small town far away from a major talent pool of high school recruits.

The Beavers were blown out 77-31 at Ohio State to open their season last week and while there were a few positive takeaways for the team and its new staff, the lopsided effort will have some repercussions going forward for the program. Namely, they won’t play any really good teams like the Buckeyes any more.

“We won’t do it this way,” athletic director Scott Barnessaid on a Portland radio show. “This game was scheduled several years ago… it was a one-off, payday against a perennial top-five team. That’s not our philosophy. Our philosophy is that we’ll play the middle of the Big Ten, the middle of the Big 12, we’ll play a group of five team and a FCS team… buildingmomentum means everything right now.”

Oregon State did indeed have a nice pay day as a result of the game in Columbus by taking $1.7 million home with them. Let’s face it, even on good days a team like the Beavers will have trouble with a top five program like the Buckeyes but it certainly seems as though there’s a bigger takeaway from the school’s brass: at least give the guys a chance.

Not surprisingly, that’s what Oregon State will do going forward. The Beavers will trade Ohio State for a home-and-home with Oklahoma State and Purdue in the coming years and also have Mountain West foes like Hawaii and Fresno State on the docket. There’s some games against the likes of Portland State and Idaho as well.

While coaches talk a good game about wanting to play anybody, anywhere, the truth is most teams and programs probably want to follow the direction Barnes wants (his) OSU to take — play an overmatched FCS team, a middle-tier Group of Five team and then try to find a winnable game against a Power Five program, hopefully at home.

Yes it’s a far cry from thinking you can compete with every team on any given Saturday but after that result in the Horseshoe last week, you can’t blame theBeavers for saying out loud what most say internally.

I don’t even think FCS teams get paid that do they? And I know they’re horrid but how do you pay a power 5 conference team that much?

That’s some expensive beaver

Last edited:
When Power 5 teams play group of 5 teams they usually pay a mill plus unlike a couple hundred K like they do FCS schools cuz of bowl implications. I guess Both schools knew Oregon state was bout to get washed so they paid em like that

I might eat my works on this one but I don't see the hype around this South Carolina team. Georgia is better at every single position group (except for maybe receiver but we might be better there too).

This reeks of the media talking themselves into an opponent more than anything Xs & Os. Georgia has the talent and coaching advantage in this matchup. I think a lot of people in the media and experts you are picking South Carolina are assuming we're going to have a Mark Richt Style game where we just don't show up and get surprised. I don't see that happening, Kirby will have these boys ready to play. I'm calling 35-17 Dawgs.

I might eat my works on this one but I don't see the hype around this South Carolina team. Georgia is better at every single position group (except for maybe receiver but we might be better there too).

This reeks of the media talking themselves into an opponent more than anything Xs & Os. Georgia has the talent and coaching advantage in this matchup. I think a lot of people in the media and experts you are picking South Carolina are assuming we're going to have a Mark Richt Style game where we just don't show up and get surprised. I don't see that happening, Kirby will have these boys ready to play. I'm calling 35-17 Dawgs.

Careful careful

Could easily see UGA big too. Media talking themselves into this one because of a weak sled this week. Still not confident enough to bet it though. Maybe the under.

Careful careful

I'm ready to eat crow if we lose but I just don't see it. Football is a weird game though and it's a hostile environment. This is like their super bowl, it's the first time they've been ranked in 4 years and they've been looking forward to this game all offseason.

Not one receiver over there is better than Demetrius and we only saw small sample size of what he’s capable of. I think South Carolina comes out hyped in the first but things settle after that.

Predictions:

OK 58
UCLA 20

Georgia 30
So. Car 18

Clemson 35
A&M 21

PSU 21
Pitt 17

Stanford 27
USC 20

Mich St 28
ASU 27

I can see Oklahoma being in the playoff this season. Kyler Murray's game is tailor made for wide open Big 12 play and their defense looked decent. They have 2 tough road games though (at WV and at TCU)

Back
Top Bottom