OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Where do you get the idea that he can't develop qb's?

Rudock came to Michigan for fall camp if I'm not mistaken. He threw for the 2nd most yards in a single season at michigan. Got drafted. I think he maxed out his potential

Speight, a generic 3 star type. He had a fine year until he got injured vs iowa. Did about as much as he could that year. They lost 3 games by 5 points. Lead a comeback drive against FSU that was squandered in the last minute on a busted kick coverage essentially.

Last year was a disaster obviously. They couldn't keep the qb's upright. 2 of them got injured He took a chance on O'korn (Hoke's qb recruiting was abysmal. Left them in a tough spot) and that didn't pan out.

Patterson has played 1 game. Idk, he looked ok to me for the first time out there. Let's see how the rest of the season go. Can't say he hasn't developed after 1 game.

Briefly, Yes michigan has been lacking on the skill positions. He did manage to get Chesson and Darboh drafted though. And they brought in their best WR haul last year (unfortunately the best looking one so far has had 2 long term injuries in his first 2 season). Let's see how they pan out.

RB's have been whatever, which I think is the result of the real problem that has held michigan back for years, the OL. I don't feel like recapping why that has been a problem under JH though. I don't want to type anymore. I'm too tired.

Didn't get to watch my Noles play since I was on a plane flying across the country, but was disappointed to see the offense only scoring 3 points. Seems like the O-line got whipped all night. Hope it gets fixed quick or it could be another long season for us Noles fans.

Didn't get to watch my Noles play since I was on a plane flying across the country, but was disappointed to see the offense only scoring 3 points. Seems like the O-line got whipped all night. Hope it gets fixed quick or it could be another long season for us Noles fans.

FaithfulVigilantHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Buckle up, buddy. Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. We were dumpster out there last night. Gonna take some time. I’d be estatic with 8-4 after that showing.

FSU got issues but they can get to a bowl game. Miami just need to change QBs,Michigan’s issues is OTs and they got Ed Warriner, give him time also Let McElwain call the plays, get that straighten out they will be fine. Texas got problems on offense. Herman might be on his way out if he doesn’t get that offense at above average.

I honestly think everyone is overreacting after 1 game. This is college football we’ve seen how the **** **** play out as the season goes on. Teams we didn’t suspect to contend some how find away..teams we expect to contend find a way to blow it by December.

In defense of Tequila Tom, UMD is not as bad everyone thinks.

This wouldn’t be a meme if they lost to Iowa, NW, or Purdue, and UMD has more talent than all those teams, they just can not stay healthy at QB for whatever reason.

Overall though he needs to get more of a consistent effort out of his team. Even at Houston his teams would play up and down to their competition.

Hmm. Stat I just looked up:

Chris Petersen has 7 wins and 12 losses against ranked opponents since going to UW.

In that same span of time he’s 2 and 9 in ranked games away from Husky stadium.

Hmm.

In defense of Tequila Tom, UMD is not as bad everyone thinks.

This wouldn’t be a meme if they lost to Iowa, NW, or Purdue, and UMD has more talent than all those teams, they just can not stay healthy at QB for whatever reason.

Overall though he needs to get more of a consistent effort out of his team. Even at Houston his teams would play up and down to their competition.

The offense has been trash since he got there though and he’s a Mensa prodigy OC. They’re losing because of the side of the ball he specifically focuses on.

The offense has been trash since he got there though and he’s a Mensa prodigy OC. They’re losing because of the side of the ball he specifically focuses on.

He's been there for 14 games, and was juggling between two QB's last season. Lets pump the brakes on making an indictment either way.

And again like with FSU Monday, you can have all the skill guys you want but if you can't block anyone, your not moving the ball. That takes more time than a year of coaching and a recruiting class to fix.

The consistency in which they play on both sides of the ball is the main problem. You can turn on the SC, and OU games, and then turn on the game against TT, and see completely different teams. That's coaching.

Somebody please beat this Alabama team please, I can't deal with this level of d-riding all season. :sick:

" He reminds me of a young LeBron James?" Really. He remind you of one of the top 5 basketball players of all time?

"Haven't seen the quarterback do things like this in a long time". There's a running quarterback who does this every. single. season.

Alabama beats a team I don't think is going to a bowl game this season and people are anointing Tua a once-in-a-generation prospect. Maybe I'm just a hater UGA fan, but this is getting obnoxious.

Last edited:
Dan Orlovsky ran out the back of the end zone when he was dropping back for a pass... This guy is obviously not the brightest bulb or someone you should listen to when discussing football

Every time I read this thread, I'm thankful that no one who posts here is a hardcore Alabama fan. Those folks would really make me leave this thread all together.

Y'all UGA dudes would be hyping the **** out of Tua if he was on your team, lets be real.

Some of y'all actually thought Sony Michel was a better back than Saquan Barkley last year :lol::smh:

Also, the hype isn't just because of L'Ville. If memory serves me right, he did beat a certain team in the NC last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Y'all UGA dudes would be hyping the **** out of Tua if he was on your team, lets be real.

Some of y'all actually thought Sony Michel was a better back than Saquan Barkley last year :lol::smh:

First of all, all we were saying was that Sony had similar production in the running game, and if given the same number of opportunities (ie the entire offense being centered around getting him the ball in the running, passing and return game) as Barkley, he could have put up similar numbers. I don't think anyone said he's flat-out better than saquon.

Also the only people saying that were Message Board nerds like us. It wasn't the national media and "experts" d-riding after we beat Louisville.

I guess Tua is going to be the media darling, Heisman favorite now that bryce love and Khalil Tate play poorly.

Last edited:
To be fair that was a pretty small subset of Georgia fans on message boards and whatnot. It wasn't the national media and "experts" d-riding after we beat Louisville.

I guess Tua is going to be the media darling, Heisman favorite now that bryce love and Khalil Tate play poorly.

We all knew this was coming. He's probably the most talented guy they've had at the position since Namath, and they are the best team in the country.

Y'all UGA dudes are just salty because of what he did to y'all in the NCG. This isn't just because of L'Ville.

First of all, all we were saying was that Sony had similar production in the running game, and if given the same number of opportunities (ie the entire offense being centered around getting him the ball in the running, passing and return game) as Barkley, he could have put up similar numbers. I don't think anyone said he's flat-out better than saquon.

Also the only people saying that were Message Board nerds like us. It wasn't the national media and "experts" d-riding after we beat Louisville.

Maybe you weren't but I could've sworn I seen some "Sony >>>>> Saquon" takes in here from UGA dudes.

Either way even if they traded places, Sony doesn't replicate Barkley's stats, and Barkley outperforms Sony's. People still don't appreciate how bad PSU's OL was/is and how dude had to create everything on his own as a runner. They were getting worked by App St last Saturday.

Cardo was saying that lol. Sony is damn good in his own right, but with them knees nobody smart would pick him over Saquon.

Sony is better than Saquon and ainn goin back n forth about it.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne in here talking just to talk not knowing wtf he's talking about. :lol: I applaud the dedication to get a reaction.

How so? I knew it was one y'all with that homer *** take.

All these supposedly great players for UGA, it's a wonder why y'all haven't won a championship in almost 40 years? Two L's to Bama are the highlights of your program since you've been alive b.

Unless they putting up banners now for recruiting NC's in Athens?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom