**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harden having 20 turnovers the past two games is a big reason they went 0-2. His slow start to the year is a big reason they're under 500

Sure, it's not all good.

How does this have any impact with regards to him being a "Fake MVP" last year though?

Again, never said he was a fake MVP. Matter fact when Russ avg a triple I said it could go either way. I'm messing with these Harden fans cuz they acted like he was getting robbed of the MVP and the media hated him and that was the reason why he didn't get the MVP. Now we see he has his below .500 after this thread constantly used wins as to why he's "The Real MVP". It's funny seeing dudes have different sets of rules when they love a player.

Huh? We dismissing turnovers now?? 39 in 5 games??

I'm out

tenor.gif

Not dismissing, just placing it in the proper context. Just like any of the basic ppg stats you can’t look at it in a vacuum. If I tell you a guy is putting up 23 points a night, its much less impressive if he’s also taking 23 shots.

Harden’s turnover rate this season is on par with any season from Magic Johnson, John Stockton, Kidd whoever.

His usage rate so far (and last year) is #2 all time, though, shattering those guys I mentioned. So his actual turnovers per game are going to be very high. This doesn’t mean he’s being any more careless with the ball than any other superstar in the history of the league.

The thing is if we go from Kobe to Bron to Zo as the most polarizing player in the league there is no fun it. To @sohi 23 ‘s point, there’s not even that many Lonzo stans anyway. It would be like if we were having page long debates about like a Rondo or Tony Parker type of player. Yes, they were both pieces and all-stars on championship teams and had strengths and weaknesses but since they weren’t in the debate for top in the league.

Folks have already turned on Crocodile Rondo, Embiid and Kyrie so if either of the Sixers or Celtics start perennially making it to the Finals, they’ll take the torch. I also think as Tatum gets older he will be in that spot at some point too.

Harden having 20 turnovers the past two games is a big reason they went 0-2. His slow start to the year is a big reason they're under 500
Rockets outscored by 18 points in the 10 minutes Harden has rested over the last two games. That’s on Eric Gordon who may be the worst high usage rotation player in the league behind Trae & Chris Paul who struggling to stay on the court.

This doesn’t mean he’s being any more careless with the ball than any other superstar in the history of the league.

I can't roll with that when it's costing his team and we've watched him over his whole Houston run have TERRIBLE sloppy games in big moments. This ain't some new occurrence.

I think I want to see a starting 5 of Kyrie/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Horford moving forward. Pretty sure moving Brown to the bench would really hurt his confidence and he's shown that he can play well with Kyrie/Tatum/Horford. Let Gordon run the 2nd unit along with Terry and Mook.

Rockets outscored by 18 points in the 10 minutes Harden has rested over the last two games. That’s on Eric Gordon who may be the worst high usage rotation player in the league behind Trae & Chris Paul who struggling to stay on the court.

It's one of those things where a player is the only reason you had a chance to win but is also the reason you lost. Fair or not harden has to be better/almost perfect in order to win right now.

What I don't get with turnover rate is how a guy like magic who was consistently over 3:1 for his career compares to someone like harden who barely can sniff 2:1. Like if magic had enough possessions to where he was averaging 8 turnovers, wouldn't he be putting up 24 assists? How do the numbers put those two in the same playing field?

It's one of those things where a player is the only reason you had a chance to win but is also the reason you lost. Fair or not harden has to be better/almost perfect in order to win right now.

What I don't get with turnover rate is how a guy like magic who was consistently over 3:1 for his career compares to someone like harden who barely can sniff 2:1. Like if magic had enough possessions to where he was averaging 8 turnovers, wouldn't he be putting up 24 assists? How do the numbers put those two in the same playing field?
I mean last night Houston beat Washington Harden’s mins by 11. This is the same issue those MVP Russ Thunder teams had.

TO rate factors in shot attempts, so a guy with 20+ shots, 10+ attempts from the line and is passing is probably going to give it back to the defense more on a per game basis compared to a guy who is only wearing one of those hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom