**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be interesting is looking at a/t ratio with time with the ball. It makes sense that a superstar guard averages more assists and more turnovers if they handle the ball a **** ton. The gems are the ones who have low a/t ratio and disproportionately less time with the ball

Could just look at per 100 and see that harden turns it over way more and assists much less than magic, Stockton etc

This is what I'm hearing: 'It's ok for harden to have all these turnovers because he turns it over in a variety of ways'. What you're saying is false because a/t is straightforward, it treats all turnovers the same. It's not ignoring anything. That magic season I keep talking about, he played 36 mpg took 17 shots 8 free throws 26% usg and still had 12.2:3.8. Harden turns the ball over too much..there's really no way around it
So you’re hearing that he’s turning it over in a variety of ways, and in response you point to a stat that is comparing his turnovers to just one of those ways

What would be interesting is looking at a/t ratio with time with the ball. It makes sense that a superstar guard averages more assists and more turnovers if they handle the ball a **** ton. The gems are the ones who have low a/t ratio and disproportionately less time with the ball
Yeah I mean that's a completely different argument with a whole different set of players then.

Someone like Harden, who is a top 3-4 scorer in the league, on top of being one of the best playmakers for others isn't going to be anywhere on that list.

No joke but Ingram's high hips prevent him from being an elite athlete which is saying something because he's a good athlete.

Ingram always been my least favorite of the laker lottery picks. the idea of what Ingram can become is a lot greater than Ingram will ever be.

That said, he’s 21 so he deserves a few more years but I would trade him while he still has the “potential” label attached to him. Lets be real though, that “potential” label gunna follow him for his entire career, son is most likely just Jeff Green part 2 lol.

I’m not even mad at Ingram tho, look at the draft and I probably make the same selection. He just needs time and it’s hard to develop players as the 2nd and 3rd most important players on your squad when you have Lebron.

Yeah I mean that's a completely different argument with a whole different set of players then.

Someone like Harden, who is a top 3-4 scorer in the league, on top of being one of the best playmakers for others isn't going to be anywhere on that list.
Yea for sure, which is why it's confusing why people are focused on his turnovers. I hate Harden with a passion but if you gotta score and make plays nearly every single play for your team your turnovers are gonna be relatively high

So you’re hearing that he’s turning it over in a variety of ways, and in response you point to a stat that is comparing his turnovers to just one of those ways

Bruh :lol:. Why does it matter how he turns it over? Turnovers are not good..at all. This is some kinda mental gymnastics. Harden is a good scorer and just ok as a playmaker. Kinda like how he's just average from the floor but he's a good free throw shooter so his ts% is good.

Bruh :lol:. Why does it matter how he turns it over? Turnovers are not good..at all. This is some kinda mental gymnastics
I guess he means something like dribbling off your foot with no pressure vs getting called for a charge (I think this counts as a TO?) aren't the same thing. Not sure if I agree but just a thought

Everybody knows that if you handle the ball a lot you're gonna have turnovers, however at some point it's outta hand. Ya'll mans is past that point. :lol:

There is no good way to explain having 39 turnovers in 5 games. It's terrible.

I guess he means something like dribbling off your foot with no pressure vs getting called for a charge (I think this counts as a TO?) aren't the same thing. Not sure if I agree but just a thought

and still Harden had like back to back plays in the last minute where he just lost the ball lookin drunk then a mug.

Ingram always been my least favorite of the laker lottery picks. the idea of what Ingram can become is a lot greater than Ingram will ever be.

That said, he’s 21 so he deserves a few more years but I would trade him while he still has the “potential” label attached to him. Lets be real though, that “potential” label gunna follow him for his entire career, son is most likely just Jeff Green part 2 lol.

I’m not even mad at Ingram tho, look at the draft and I probably make the same selection. He just needs time and it’s hard to develop players as the 2nd and 3rd most important players on your squad when you have Lebron.
There was nobody else even remotely close to being in the running for #2 that year. 3-8 or so was going to be a crapshoot. They definitely made the right selection at the time.

At the end of the day..you lost the ball. So what difference does it make?

Bruh :lol:. Why does it matter how he turns it over? Turnovers are not good..at all. This is some kinda mental gymnastics. Harden is a good scorer and just ok as a playmaker. Kinda like how he's just average from the floor but he's a good free throw shooter so his ts% is good.
It matters because you’re excluding context :lol: a missed shot is bad too. But if I’m taking more shots, I’m exposing my self to more opportunities for missed shots.

Same principle here. Playmaking includes making plays for yourself, which exposes you to turnover opportunities. Comparing your a/t ratio to guys who made substantially less plays for themselves is ignoring that context.

No stats can break this down but
In the flow of most of the Lakers runs with Ingram on the floor he makes alot of boneheaded plays to kill all the momentum... rather it’s getting a technical foul, missing free throws, not rotating on defense, refusing to set a pick/run a play, turning the ball over, punching CP3, arguing with the refs and not getting back on defense.

It seems like he is the anti-momentum Laker and none of the Laker leaders ever put him in check.

No matter how much more weight he gains or skill he gains it wont erase that he has a low B-ball IQ

@a-friend Remember when we talked about Atkinson needing to let DLo play more than 30 mpg.

Since 2010-11, there have been 52 instances of guys 25 and under averaging 17pts & 5asts. 51 of them played over 30mpg. 30 of 52 averaged 35minutes per game. The one guy <30mpg... D’Angelo Russell at 28mpg. 17.8/5.5

The 6 games where Russell plays over 30 mpg 23.2/7.2..... Only 5 guys under 25 have done that since ‘10-11 with those numbers... DRose his MVP season, Westbrook 12-13, Curry 13-14, Booker 18-19

In 2017-18 DLo had 12 games over 30mins 22.3/6.8
2016-17 DLo has 32 games over 30 mins 19.9/5.7

Last edited:
I've never understood why DLo wasn't playing 30+ a night. Don't get how you look at the data and don't see that he should obviously get that kind of bump.

I don’t think he’ll ever be a guy who can give you 36-38 minutes a night because he’s just not that kind of guy. He doesn’t have that kind of energy. But 32, maybe 34 maximum a night seems like a fair number for him.

And I get it that some nights he cannot get anything to work. Mavs game comes to mind last week. But like most young guys. He’s not going to get it going when he sits on the bench extended time, especially when he’s cold.

I've never understood why DLo wasn't playing 30+ a night. Don't get how you look at the data and don't see that he should obviously get that kind of bump.

Because he’s lazy.
I love Dlo but he can’t give you 30+ minutes of high energy basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom