**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, never said he was a fake MVP. Matter fact when Russ avg a triple I said it could go either way. I'm messing with these Harden fans cuz they acted like he was getting robbed of the MVP and the media hated him and that was the reason why he didn't get the MVP. Now we see he has his below .500 after this thread constantly used wins as to why he's "The Real MVP". It's funny seeing dudes have different sets of rules when they love a player.
But........he's not MVP of this season though so I don't know why you keep bringing up **** THIS season.

I can't roll with that when it's costing his team and we've watched him over his whole Houston run have TERRIBLE sloppy games in big moments. This ain't some new occurrence.
There’s nothing to “roll” with :lol: given his usage, he’s not turning the ball over any more frequently than anyone else.
At the present moment, the team has been giving up 10+ points when he’s not on the court. That’s a much bigger issue.

I
TO rate factors in shot attempts, so a guy with 20+ shots, 10+ attempts from the line and is passing is probably going to give it back to the defense more on a per game basis compared to a guy who is only wearing one of those hats.

Ok I see..I can't really get down with that then :lol:. So he is turning it over more than others. When magic had 26% usg he put up 12.2:3.8. When harden had 27% usg he put up 6.1:3.6

Last edited:
Ok I see..I can't really get down with that then :lol:. So he is turning it over more than others. When magic had 26% usg he put up 12.2:3.8. When harden had 27% usg he put up 6.1:3.6
I guess I’m confused why were focusing on a/t ratio as if you only turn the ball over when you’re creating offense for others rather than creating offense in general

giphy.gif

I guess I’m confused why were focusing on a/t ratio as if you only turn the ball over when you’re creating offense for others rather than creating offense in general

I genuinely don't get why it matters. A turnover is a turnover regardless. A/t ratio is pretty straightforward. Harden turns the ball over a lot and his assist numbers don't really compensate for it

I genuinely don't get why it matters. A turnover is a turnover regardless. A/t ratio is pretty straightforward. Harden turns the ball over a lot and his assist numbers don't really compensate for it
Looking at a/t completely ignores the value (and TO opportunities) he generates as a scorer, which is a pretty large part of what he brings to the table.

Looking at a/t completely ignores the value (and TO opportunities) he generates as a scorer, which is a pretty large part of what he brings to the table.

This is what I'm hearing: 'It's ok for harden to have all these turnovers because he turns it over in a variety of ways'. What you're saying is false because a/t is straightforward, it treats all turnovers the same. It's not ignoring anything. That magic season I keep talking about, he played 36 mpg took 17 shots 8 free throws 26% usg and still had 12.2:3.8. Harden turns the ball over too much..there's really no way around it

What would be interesting is looking at a/t ratio with time with the ball. It makes sense that a superstar guard averages more assists and more turnovers if they handle the ball a **** ton. The gems are the ones who have low a/t ratio and disproportionately less time with the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom