**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little random, but I think lottery picks that don’t get fat extensions on their 2nd deal are the biggest market inefficiency in the nba right now.

Knicks got Mudiay and Vonleh giving them quality minutes for the minimum.

Kris Dunn is helping the Bulls win games.

WCS is doing his thing in Sac (granted he’s still on his rookie contract with his original team but I’ll include him as long as he doesn’t get overpaid this summer)

Sixers really expect a 1st rounder for Fultz? Like a lottery pick? He's got alot of baggage there and no one really knows about the injuries.

That being said, 18 months ago he was the consensus number one prospect in the draft. In my opinion, there's an equally good chance that a change of scenery helps him break this funk and he becomes a good player as there is he doesn't make it past his rookie deal.

good luck with that

A little random, but I think lottery picks that don’t get fat extensions on their 2nd deal are the biggest market inefficiency in the nba right now.

WCS is doing his thing in Sac (granted he’s still on his rookie contract with his original team but I’ll include him as long as he doesn’t get overpaid this summer)

I think damn near any high level prospect can figure it out if given enough time. Problem is a lot of guys don't get that luxury. In mudiay's case he was given the keys day one. Showed flashes but mostly struggled. Then the next year Denver finds itself in position to add multiple guard prospects. Mudiay's role changes and he gets less opportunity and less margin for error. Then he's out, back on a team more like his rookie season and looks like he'll be a solid bench player. I can see Trae young having a very similar career arc

I’m trying to think of another superstar outside of Bron, in their prime, that extended their range instead of developing a post game as they age.

Kidd Deane count to me.

What do u mean by market inefficiency? The market determined they’re not worth a fat deal.

What do u mean by market inefficiency? The market determined they’re not worth a fat deal.

I mean smart teams should invest in lottery talents that don’t receive extensions. At least try em out and try to develop them.

Mudiay and Vonleh are like 22 and were set to be tossed aside by the nba. Any team could use those players on a minimum 1 year, 2 million dollar contract right now (especially Vonleh)

But I mean it in more general terms. With the rise of 1 & dones in the nba, everyone has been drafting 19 year olds super high. Just cuz that lottery pick didn’t look good during his first contract and didn’t get a fat extension, doesn’t mean that prospect should be banished overseas. Maybe he just wasn’t in a good situation or maybe the player just takes longer to develop. Point is that they shouldn’t just be tossed aside.

Golden State still overwhelming favorites.

That's what I was thinking as well. As a matter of fact, I don't think there would be any fall off from GS because Kyrie's skill set would compliment the rest of the guys near Steph's level.

On the flip, Steph would have to do a lot more heavy lifting in Boston, but it would be fun to watch and see what he'd do under a Stevens-coached squad.

*In a vacuum, Steph is a100000000x better than Kyrie, but in the context of the team, this is where I'm coming from

Boston would be easily the number 1 team in the league if burry played there instead. Team is stacked and players would have an easier time playing along side Burry.

Warriors would fall off a bit. Highly doubtful Klay, KD, and Dray would play as efficiently with Kyrie.

I just signed up for the League Pass free trial on Amazon Prime. Is the quality/interface better than the LP app? I haven't bought LP in years because it's so bad, but I'm hoping Amazon's version is better. Any feedback would be great.

pay for nba mobile league pass!?!?!
giphy.gif

:nerd:

Look, if the product is good, I'll pay for it. A product I can watch on an iPad and a TV. I just won't pay for a product that sucks, which I've been doing for years (not paying, that is).
i agree i've paid for league during the playoffs and i said to myself never again. the cams aren't that good imo.

i gladly pay for tv league pass for crib but when im out and about, league pass mobile app isn't a great experience.

lets us know how amazon prime league pass is, i'm curious.

Sixers really expect a 1st rounder for Fultz? Like a lottery pick? He's got alot of baggage there and no one really knows about the injuries.

That being said, 18 months ago he was the consensus number one prospect in the draft. In my opinion, there's an equally good chance that a change of scenery helps him break this funk and he becomes a good player as there is he doesn't make it past his rookie deal.

If his medical clears, the Magic can give up their pick this year...it’s looking like mid to late lotto and the guard prospects ain’t that great in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom