**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix winners of 3 in a row have waived Austin Rivers
upload_2018-12-18_9-22-26.png

Dude is such a shock jock now. Go sit on your millions of dollars and stop spewing nonsense. **** Stephen Jackson.

this man stack jack is outta there

all the players he said he's better than :rofl:

He let the lor frail blog boyz, few street rappers he **** with, old washed grumpy players and talking heads gas his “tough guy” image up...and he’s a caricature of that at damn near every turn. His claim is being a quote on quote “real one” in the league. He really bought in on that like he the only from the hood Thats expressive in league history.

*****, we playing basketball. Relax :lol:.

Dinwiddie is the 3rd worst defender in the NBA at any position based on DRPM.
Only Sexton and Trae Young are worse. Even by that measure Russell isn’t good, he’s the 76th PG.

But don’t act like you actually watch Nets games.

Dinwiddie is a good scorer. He can get to the rim. It’s why having both Russell and Dinwiddie works for the Nets because it’s 48 minutes of offense from the PG position with two diametrically opposed styles. Also do remember Dinwiddie posts those defensive stats mainly against second units.

If we just go by DRPM Robert Covington is the best player in the NBA.

Let's stick with your line of thinking though since you're suggesting that DRPM is somehow the indicator of who is the better player. Here are the current DRPM rankings (All Positions):

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 12.46.29 AM.png

So Robert Covington is better than Anthony Davis, Paul George, Giannis, Vucevic and Jokic? Because his DRPM is better?

Here's the DRPM rankings for PGs:

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 1.05.08 AM.png

DRPM is also a stat where guards that rank outside of #22 have a negative value. What does that tell you?

Jrue Holiday is also the best or second best defender on the PG list yet he's ranked 11th in DRPM.

DRPM clearly doesn't tell the whole story so highlighting that as the indicator of who is better is disingenuous on your part.

Your argument is basically: "They're both bad defenders, but Russell isn't as bad, therefore he is the better player and from this I have concluded that you don't watch Nets games. And Based on the fact that this is the second time that I brought up how bad Dinwiddie is on D (because that's all that matters in determining who is the better player), I am right. Oh and here's some advanced metrics to lead you astray and make me look like I know what I'm talking about".

:lol::lol::lol:

Dinwiddie isn't just good on offense, HE'S BETTER than Russell on offense. Since you love advanced metrics so much what's Dinwiddie's True Shooting percentage? Is it 9 pts higher than Russel's? I think Dinwiddie is also better from everywhere on the floor except for mid-range which the metrics community has deemed as the least desirable area to shoot the ball in the entire sport.

Neither of these guys is getting a critical 4th quarter stop for you on defense, so if we turn the attention to what they're actually good at, things point in Dinwiddie's favor.

It's hilarious to me how advanced metrics emboldened the nerd community and validated their "scout" credentials :lol:

The Clippers are bound to fall off because unfortunately for them 3/5 top guys in minutes are extremely Injury Prone. It also doesn't help that 2/3 of those guys are their best perimeter defenders.

Victor Oladipo missed a third of their games & yet the Pacers are still doing better than the Sixers & Celtics but nobody mentions Nate Mcmillan... damn shame

Meanwhile Brad Stevens still getting praise for having easily the most talented roster in the East & abusing trash teams. out of 18 games they've won 8 games against teams that would be in the playoffs (3 of those wins were the Pistons).

Stay Woke

Last edited:
Stack is delusional man. This whole tough guy, Tupac of the NBA etc is dumb. Imagine being a grown man saying ish like this out loud and really being proud. :smh: You played in the League, won a ring, had a solid career. But to say you are better than more decorated players is crazy. The ol “I would’ve made the league but my coach didn’t like me” type of excuses you hear in every gym in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom