**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
blog Boys extraordinaire podcast dunc'd on is back at it apparently Luka is already a top three prospect in the league under 23... So in 25 games he's paased Tatum, Mitchell, Simmons, & countless others... :lol::lol:
Is it really THAT crazy?

Haven't read the column yet, but I do know he takes the actual contracts into consideration. Being able to have Luka for 3 more years on a rookie contract and then having the option to hold onto him for another 3+ years as a RFA would make him pretty valuable, IMO.

100% but that doesn’t mean I’d put him above the following players:

Lebron
Giannis
Curry
KD
Unibrow
Harden
Embiid
Leonard
Russ

U might talk me into Luka over russ but I’ve decided to start defending RUSS because of the unnecessary hate he gets lol.

100% but that doesn’t mean I’d put him above the following players:

Lebron
Giannis
Curry
KD
Unibrow
Harden
Embiid
Leonard
Russ

U might talk me into Luka over russ but I’ve decided to start defending RUSS because of the unnecessary hate he gets lol.
KD and Kawhi for example are both free agents this upcoming summer and there is no guarantee that they would re-sign with whatever team would theoretically trade for them. Lowers their trade value.

We're only about 12-18 months away from Giannis being in the exact same position that AD is in right now with his next destination. :lol:
Yup. This is what gets people a bit confused when Simmons puts this column out. It's not actually a ranking of players. It's contracts.

I know what the trade value column is and I’m not surprised at him being that high.

Today, I’d still rather be forced to pay KD or Kawhi than have Luka locked up for cheap.

I’d still rather have Kd or Leonard on an expiring contract over Luka’s rookie deal.

I could see why one would value Luka’s contact over everyone else though.

I know what the trade value column is and I’m not surprised at him being that high.

Today, I’d still rather be forced to pay KD or Kawhi than have Luka locked up for cheap.

I’d still rather have Kd or Leonard on an expiring contract over Luka’s rookie deal.

I could see why one would value Luka’s contact over everyone else though.
Ok so for example.....If you were the Memphis Grizzlies, would you feel comfortable trading a lot for KD or Kawhi knowing that they may actually only play like 2 months for you and then go to a bigger market? Or would you rather trade for Luka knowing you have him for at least 6+ years?

I guess that's how I look at the concept of the column. I could be comprehending it incorrectly though.

Is it really THAT crazy?

Again EVERY year a rookie plays well & the hottake's start coming a million miles per hour... what has Luka done in these 25 games that suddenly volts him past guys who have done what he's done in the league for longer periods & in a lot of cases have higher ceilings.

I'm not even gonna comment on the simmons article because he's been hanging from Luka's tip since before the draft, one of the first people i heard call Luka a "generational" talent.

I’d take Luka over Mitchell for sure though. Probably Ben too
Acting like it’s wild analysis or that barbershop boys wouldn’t even say the same thing

It’s arguable you’d take Luka over Ben a non shooter, Mitchell an inefficient struggly playmaker or even an arguably less versatile Tatum

Lukas younger than all

I think my top 5 under 23 would be-

Booker
Fox
Luka
Tatum
Simmons

Not sure of the order though.

Luka
Simmons
Tatum
Fox

Holding the crown right now.
Booker got paid already.

Fox might pass Tatum soon :nerd:

Ok so for example.....If you were the Memphis Grizzlies, would you feel comfortable trading a lot for KD or Kawhi knowing that they may actually only play like 2 months for you and then go to a bigger market? Or would you rather trade for Luka knowing you have him for at least 6+ years?

I guess that's how I look at the concept of the column. I could be comprehending it incorrectly though.

I understand I’d prefer the rookie contract, but if you wanna go that deep into it:

Harrell, Van vleet and Kuz should be top 25. Their value relative to their contracts is astronomical.

Make that 23 and under and some of those fall off and make that under 25 and most fall off.
Absolutely. Joker and KAT would be in there off the top of my head for 23 and under.

Players closer to their prime are naturally going to be better though.

Du9hYW1WoAAgUnV.jpg

I understand I’d prefer the rookie contract, but if you wanna go that deep into it:

Harrell, Van vleet and Kuz should be top 25. Their value relative to their contracts is astronomical.
I don't disagree at all. I should probably read this column :lol:

Mitchell was the #1 scoring option on the Jazz the entire year, helped them advance to the Second round. Played relatively good defense against other guards & somehow Luka's done enough to eclipse that in all of 20+ games... Nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom