**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
too early to give up on ben simmons and a jumper. lebron was basically the same player when he was 18-21, now he's shooting from steph curry's range.

Mitchell was the #1 scoring option on the Jazz the entire year, helped them advance to the Second round. Played relatively good defense against other guards & somehow Luka's done enough to eclipse that in all of 20+ games... Nice to know.

Luka hasn’t eclipsed Mitchell in terms accomplishments in their young careers but I’m definitely NOT taking Spida over Luka if I were starting a franchise

Again EVERY year a rookie plays well & the hottake's start coming a million miles per hour... what has Luka done in these 25 games that suddenly volts him past guys who have done what he's done in the league for longer periods & in a lot of cases have higher ceilings.

I'm not even gonna comment on the simmons article because he's been hanging from Luka's tip since before the draft, one of the first people i heard call Luka a "generational" talent.

I mean, Tatum was playing meaningful basketball all season long then was getting buckets as an influential leader of a team that took Bron to 7 in the ECF at the age of 20. Hard to put Luka’s 25 game sample size over that IMO.

Again EVERY year a rookie plays well & the hottake's start coming a million miles per hour... what has Luka done in these 25 games that suddenly volts him past guys who have done what he's done in the league for longer periods & in a lot of cases have higher ceilings.

I'm not even gonna comment on the simmons article because he's been hanging from Luka's tip since before the draft, one of the first people i heard call Luka a "generational" talent.

lol there’s always a young player who becomes the flavor of the year

remember when KAT > AD was a thing

some guys are just lazy to practice that smh... rondo been in the league for years but still cant shoot :lol:

too early to give up on ben simmons and a jumper. lebron was basically the same player when he was 18-21, now he's shooting from steph curry's range.

LeBron was never scared to shoot a jump shot. Not even close.

I don’t think this take is spicy but - if developed a jumper he could legitimately be the next Bron. The fact that he has shown no willingness to do so makes me question if he’s one of the players that just like what the game gives him (he’s getting maxed out at first chance) or if he’s trying to be a generational player that gives back to the game.

A serious question here just how good of a scorer do ya'll expect Luka to be? because if people are honestly considering him a top 3 prospect in the entire league as a wing player.... does nobody account for defense?

Because if he's top three i would assume people are considering that he can one day be the #1 option on a contending team..... which would mean he would have to be a seriously ELITE offensive player to makeup for his lack of ability on defense considering he will be on the floor a lot & there's an influx of wing players in the league.

I wouldn’t consider Simmons, Mitchell or Tatum having some sort of distinguishable advantage in terms of being a #1 option on a contending team

The lack of defense Luka has he makes up for in playmaking which Mitchell and Tatum lack

selective memory.

he was dared to shoot during his first couple of years and he would often pass or drive to the basket, that was his stigma....like ben simmons.

Being a NON shooter...and shooting not being a strong point are two drastically different things. In Year 15...the book on Lebron is STILL to make him shoot and keep him from the basket. He's just simply gotten better at something that was NEVER broken.

Ben Simmons is a non shooter. That's a totally different stigma.

selective memory.

he was dared to shoot during his first couple of years and he would often pass or drive to the basket, that was his stigma....like ben simmons.

A lot of dunks in here, but jumpers in there as well. Him not being a good shooter in the early years and being dared to shoot is not the same as being afraid to shoot period.

If you can't grasp the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

lol there’s always a young player who becomes the flavor of the year

remember when KAT > AD was a thing

I feel like there were a ton of premature Ben simmons takes in here last year, as well as Mitchell... fast forward to this season & suddenly they're afterthoughts. People are in love with the flashy new toy.

That’s fair. Still feel like Fox will be able to match Tatum scoring and give you much more as a playmaker

Fox is a 20/10/5/2 guy in the very near future
Fox is definitely a better playmaker, but Tatum is also a significantly better defender that can guard 3 positions. Both future all stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom