**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D'Lo not working hard and being an arrogant prick, but still putting up numbers > Quiet, good ol boys that work hard and have little improvement to show for it

Now I remember. He tweeted about a Lonzo song and saying it was hot, then deleted it, then a few weeks later liked a tweet from some random person saying, "Watching dlo highlights and this guy got it, the lakers would be stupid to draft lonzo," or something like that.

Meh. Stupid to like it. Probably was happy at someone giving him props for his highlights rather than bashing him :lol:

The whole he doesn't work hard narrative may be true, but I don't get how a guy this unathletic can make the NBA with little work ethic?

Ingram was the nice guy, while Dlo was an *** to every media member. He would never even give a thoughtful response to one of their questions. Clearly he hated them :lol:

Worked out well for everyone. And as soon as Magic and co. entered the picture, Dlo was gone.

Ratsull just now breaking thru in year 4. Juju it's the one that hurts but that was out of our control cause of his stupid agent.

Well, in the predraft workouts, Zo said Magic told him he needs a leader on the floor from the PG position and Zo said “that’s what I am” lol

I think Magic saw Zo as a better fit in terms of running the team and pushing the pace and a better leader. Dlo obviously is more skilled offensively.
Although leadership is questionable, he also can run a better offense/team.

Listen, imma put my flame suit on.

Dlo IMO is better than Lonzo, Hart, BI and Kuz. I like Zo Hart and Kuz and if the end up having better careers than DLo, I'll be happy for them although I like DLo as well. But ultimately I think DLo will be an AllStar (maybe 1) lol ... doesnt stop him fro. Being a snake though.

Ratsull just now breaking thru in year 4. Juju it's the one that hurts but that was out of our control cause of his stupid agent.

It takes time, especially with a player like him, being a PG and being that unathletic is a recipe for a longer process. He's doing well, but not enough to cry about. Even if he's an all star later on his career, Magic never was keeping him, so no point in talking about it.

Lakers didn't want Randle either, with the way they were treating him through the season.

It's cool that you're fully on the Lonzo train, but I'll never get over how different you were with Russell :lol:. It's just not you, it's a lot of Laker fans. It's cool though, you're real about it.

Yet y'all kill the 2, 21 year olds. Precisely my point.

You're not going to agree, but Dlo showed way more than those two and this was on top of how highly criticized he was. Ingram and Zo feel coddled compared to what Dlo got. Things have changed this season with Lebron though. They're getting more criticism. Even with Lebron, you still have people on ESPN like Doris, Mark Jackson, etc talking about patience with the young core etc etc. They are all in good gracious with Magic and Jeanie. The difference is so clear. Laker reporters in with Jeanie trying to paint doubt about the Dlo pick constantly. All this was so clear and apparent.

But I agree, they are both only 21. But don't get too attached. You know most of this team is going to be very different soon. It's a matter of when.

I still got high hopes for Dlo man :pimp:

Said this in the Lakers thread but I’ll say it here too. Only reason Zo and BI are on the team over Julius and a Dlo are for salary cap purposes.

If Zo and BI were picked in 2015 & 2016, they would’ve been shipped out because they’d be due for extensions + would have higher cap hits this summer.

Magic & Pelinka are banking on signing a max free agent this summer. If they do, all their moves worked. If they don’t get one, they ****** up.

Also, IMO Kuzma has someone become so overrated.

But if someone thinks this is crazy, I totally get it as well. I see a good player, but how hyped he's become is wild.

Ratsull was inconsistent as hell his 2nd year in LA similarly to Zo, got benched just like Zo does at times. I've liked what I've seen from Zo for the majority since Rondo and Bron went out, he's played great defense and it's shooting better than last year. I do hope he's the one player we're able to keep because of all he does on the floor should we land a 2nd star somehow.

I still got high hopes for Dlo man :pimp:

Said this in the Lakers thread but I’ll say it here too. Only reason Zo and BI are on the team over Julius and a Dlo are for salary cap purposes.

If Zo and BI were picked in 2015 & 2016, they would’ve been shipped out because they’d be due for extensions + would have higher cap hits this summer.

Magic & Pelinka are banking on signing a max free agent this summer. If they do, all their moves worked. If they don’t get one, they ****ed up.

Not fully true man. You know this.

As soon as Magic came in, it was clear Dlo was gone. It was the total opposite of how Kupchak moved. Kupchak would say a paragraph of nothing. Magic was blatant with what he wanted to do, who he liked, etc. When he talked about Ingram he would hype the hell out of him. When he talked about Dlo, he was like meh.

You think he was going to keep a dude who never got along with his Equinox buddy? Randle also had issues with Byron.

On top of that, they wanted to clean house and pick their own players. They weren't keeping players from the old regime. That old regime couldn't get any credit.

Ratsull was inconsistent as hell his 2nd year in LA similarly to Zo, got benched just like Zo does at times. I've liked what I've seen from Zo for the majority since Rondo and Bron went out, he's played great defense and it's shooting better than last year. I do hope he's the one player we're able to keep because of all he does on the floor should we land a 2nd star somehow.

Definitely true but he was getting benched late in games for Lou Will. The Lakers don't have anyone behind Zo even close to how good Lou was/is.

Also he did his thing after Lou was traded.

BI was consensus number 2. There were even a few ppl saying he should go over Simmons.

The case for Ingram over Ben was real, at that time.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/76ers-sixers-nba-draft-brandon-ingram-ben-simmons

BI had length and most importantly, he was a threat at the perimeter because he could shoot (good footwork with quick release too) something Ben couldn't and wouldn't do. Ingram was supposed to be a cornerstone, a franchise type of player.

I was definitely BI >> Simmons at one point for the Sixers since Embiid health was still up in the air. This was when we was trotting out Jelani Grant, Jakarr Sampson, RoCo and Noel. There would still be no shooting whatsoever but the defensive potential :nthat:

If I had to comprise a team of bench warmers/nightly DNPs

PG - Milos Teodosic
SG - Ben McLemore
SF - Mario Hezonja
PF - Jabari Parker
C - Kyle O’Quinn

Bench
- Yogi Ferrell
- Troy Daniels
- Marshon Brooks
- Dwayne Bacon
- Anthony Tolliver
- Dragan Bender
- Michael Beasley
- Boban Marjanovic

Needs more Cameron Payne and MCW

"WHEN IT COMES to the toll of travel, the NBA is in a league all its own. NBA teams, according to ESPN Stats & Information's Vincent Johnson, average 43,534 miles per season, nearly 7 percent more than NHL teams (40,768 miles), 36 percent more than MLB teams (31,993) and 441 percent more than NFL teams (8,049). And over the past 10 full seasons across the four major North American pro sports, no team has traveled as far as the Trail Blazers.

They've finished first or second in distance traveled in every NBA season since 2008-09. Over that span, not counting any seasons in any of the sports that were shortened by a lockout, Portland has clocked 542,383 miles, some 40,000 miles more than the second-place team, the Timberwolves, and enough to circle the globe 21 times.

Much of the reason is simple geography -- Portland is the only team in the Pacific Northwest. But no matter the cause, the toll is clear."

Chris Kaman :lol:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...l-blazers-nba-most-well-traveled-team-running

It is amazing how fans are quick to give up on players. Like there's no process or anything. Who gives a **** if they arent AllStarts year one or two or three. They are your draft picks, develop them and give them time before pouring all the hatred.

Some dudes are just that good from jump and others, well it takes a little and some are just garbage but at least ya gave them a chance.

It is amazing how fans are quick to give up on players. Like there's no process or anything. Who gives a **** if they arent AllStarts year one or two or three. They are your draft picks, develop them and give them time before pouring all the hatred.

Some dudes are just that good from jump and others, well it takes a little and some are just garbage but at least ya gave them a chance.

We were fine with letting the kids grow, but Bron coming here makes that no longer an option. I'll be our luck that BI & Zo breakout after they leave LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom