**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatum (Who I was low on predraft, but ceiling), Fox especially, DSJR (Who I love, but am not sure he's good...even so, his ceiling is much higher than Zo's and that's what you should be shooting for w/the #2 pick), Mitchell,

All of these guys looked like they had a real chance to be better pros than Lonzo, who had no real skills that popped to be a #2 pick. Too many times he was forced to shoot that step back 3 from 35 against college bigs and hadn't played PnR at all.

Ratsull implying he potentially wouldn't want to play with Zo was the nail in the coffin for him.

And if things were in the works for a while with Bron had to unload Mosgov and/or Deng.

How’d he imply it? I vaguely remember something like this, but can’t really remember.

And I can't fault the Lakers for drafting BI. I think in a wing thirsty league, any team in the league w/the #2 pick was drafting BI.

But if you want, I guess you can fault the Lakers bball ops, and their coaching staff for how they've handled BI. But that's tricky to me.

And I can't fault the Lakers for drafting BI. I think in a wing thirsty league, any team in the league w/the #2 pick was drafting BI.

But if you want, I guess you can fault the Lakers bball ops, and their coaching staff for how they've handled BI. But that's tricky to me.
Is this a thing? Revisionist history if folks tryin to say that was the wrong pick at the time

What did he show in college? I really don’t watch college basketball like that.

Utah should be .500 after tonight for the first time in a month

Finally getting into an easier stretch of the schedule, if they aren't 6-7 games over .500 by the end of the month it'll be quite disappointing

They're now 5th defensively and have the 5th best point differential in the west. Now is the time :pimp:

What did he show in college? I really don’t watch college basketball like that.

He plays for the most part exactly how he does in the league now. So he didn't show anything spectacular to me. His physical profile + age + HS footage is what had cats juiced and he wasn't bad at Duke.

The big difference with him though now as opposed to Duke was his 3ball. He shot it well at Duke, but he shot a ton of his 3's right on the line and was a terrible FT shooter and didn't show any instincts as far as making reads and plays for others.

40?? :wow: ...yo between that , your travels n the Porsche u living it up :pimp: ...bout to drop that stack on the home team right now , inspired ! All I got from the last super bowl win was partying down fells :lol:

N u might as well do All star Charlotte too if u can swing it, we out gon be a movie

Man, most lit experience of my life was probably 2015 ASG Weekend. Broke up with my GF right after New Years and was going in every single weekend. So during ASGW, my boy and these two yambs we know in NYC pull all our social resources and connections together and partied non-stop at the elite parties from Friday night through Sunday AM. Highlight was seeing Prince (RIP) perform at the Jordan Brand Party on that Friday night and Scottie Pippen coming up to me Saturday night after his wife went to the bathroom and dap me up because he’s seen me at almost every party he went to that weekend procuring different yambs (Dudes hands was big AF - pause)

We had tickets to the ASG and in the morning one of the yambs calls me and I decline it. She subsequently calls my boy who is nicer and was one of my roommates in my burner Manhattan condo and she thanked us for the buying them all their drinks and food over the weekend. She said they couldn’t drink that day and had work on Monday. Sooooo since she works at NBC Universal they were going to the SNL 40th Anniversary Show but due to hangovers/work/our generosity they gifted us their after show party tickets :wow: :wow: :wow:

I pulled up to MSG in a got damb Tom Ford tuxedo since we needed to go to the after party immediately afterwards. I DVR’d the game and when I moved out of my last place I paid Comcast for my Box since that’s the only way I could keep the DVR footage so I will hook it up and post pics. I don’t get star struck easily but seeing that many celebs in one spot was crazy. I always told my boys “If I ever meet Taylor Swift, she will write a love song about me”. I got my shot but missed. Ironically, it was while Kanye was on stage :lol:

How many folks are going through for the ASG in Charlotte? Is Charlotte popping like that? I am down mainly because it’s the ASG and will hit up my contacts to see what they know and if they could get us into some popping **** :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

Man, most lit experience of my life was probably 2015 ASG Weekend. Broke up with my GF right after New Years and was going in every single weekend. So during ASGW, my boy and these two yambs we know in NYC pull all our social resources and connections together and partied non-stop at the elite parties from Friday night through Sunday AM. Highlight was seeing Prince (RIP) perform at the Jordan Brand Party on that Friday night and Scottie Pippen coming up to me Saturday night after his wife went to the bathroom and dap me up because he’s seen me at almost every party he went to that weekend procuring different yambs (Dudes hands was big AF - pause)

We had tickets to the ASG and in the morning one of the yambs calls me and I decline it. She subsequently calls my boy who is nicer and was one of my roommates in my burner Manhattan condo and she thanked us for the buying them all their drinks and food over the weekend. She said they couldn’t drink that day and had work on Monday. Sooooo since she works at NBC Universal they were going to the SNL 40th Anniversary Show but due to hangovers/work/our generosity they gifted us their after show party tickets :wow: :wow: :wow:

I pulled up to MSG in a got damb Tom Ford tuxedo since we needed to go to the after party immediately afterwards. I DVR’d the game and when I moved out of my last place I paid Comcast for my Box since that’s the only way I could keep the DVR footage so I will hook it up and post pics. I don’t get star struck easily but seeing that many celebs in one spot was crazy. I always told my boys “If I ever meet Taylor Swift, she will write a love song about me”. I got my shot but missed. Ironically, it was while Kanye was on stage :lol:

How many folks are going through for the ASG in Charlotte? Is Charlotte popping like that? I am down mainly because it’s the ASG and will hit up my contacts to see what they know and if they could get us into some popping **** :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:
Mane Charlotte is chills 4real...u know NC got biddies, plus all the ATL joints gon be there ...I’m lining plays up right now !

Last edited:
Nobody knew who was going after Ben and Ingram

Ainge dropped a bomb when he went Jaylen at 3 (who many considered as a back end lottery pick) and after that the next shock was Hammond going with Thon at 10 based off the mixtapes

Season long debate was Buddy vs Murray vs Dunn but none of them were really considered as a top 2 pick

All that to say, Ingram at worst, was a lock at 2

We were 5 games over .500 losing games in the same fashion we are now.

Honestly not worried, but need Kuz back asap
actually they started with 3 straight loses and were 4-7 before they turned it around and started winning.

When Bron went down they lost aa very close game against Sac and were doing well against Clippers and OKC and won against Sac. Only bad lost I seen was against the Knicks. But like it took a while to figure out with Bron at the start in confident these young kids can get it together and do something good without. Like you said, not only Bron is out but Kuz, so yeah.

Saying it’s a bad move is your opinion. I agree with you now because Zo sucks. But at the time, Magic liked Lonzo more than Dlo so he viewed the trade as getting cap relief and being able to draft a better player as Dlo’s replacement

Plus, we don’t know what the Nets demanded. Maybe they said “we want BI or Dlo” at which point the choice was obvious at that time.
If Magic so a better player in Lonzo than DLo, that MF needs to evaluate himself. No way .... and I dont mean now I also mean in college.

If Magic so a better player in Lonzo than DLo, that MF needs to evaluate himself. No way .... and I dont mean now I also mean in college.

Well, in the predraft workouts, Zo said Magic told him he needs a leader on the floor from the PG position and Zo said “that’s what I am” lol

I think Magic saw Zo as a better fit in terms of running the team and pushing the pace and a better leader. Dlo obviously is more skilled offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom