**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Past 2 years:

CA0CC110-FAD2-42EE-B07C-60022504ED36.jpeg

Significantly lower than guys like Dwight and Drummond and Ben Simmons who shoots with the wrong hand. Once LeBron comes back, I'd hack Lonzo at times until he proves he can make them.

Speaking of Utah, I see Donovan Mitchell went 8-24 with 26 points last night. 1 assist

:smh:
Started off pretty well too

:smh:“With seven minutes remaining in the third quarter Monday, Mitchell appeared to be on his way to a career shooting night; he was 7-for-14 from the field, having hit 5-of-7 from behind the arc and sitting only two 3-point makes away from tying his career high. He was carrying his team on offense. It looked familiar.”

He’s played a nice stretch of games since the 1-10 against Portland

His shot selection is awful and doesn’t get to the line like a first option should

Mitchell would have these scoring spurts where he would take over the 2nd half, like scoring 24 in the second halves or offensive explosion with 18 4th quarter points.

Random.

What I tried to tell this nba thread before the season started. That he need help and ain’t ready to carry the load. So he’s forced to take a lot of bad shots. Ricky and lucky lefty ain’t it for Mitchell to thrive.
Historically it (second year player as the first option making a playoff run) doesn’t happen often, so expectations shouldn’t have been so high

Last season they definitely overachieved on strength of their defense and a great matchup with okc

With that said I still believe they have elements to be a legit team in the next few years, obviously with some tweaks

Can you shoot free throws anywhere behind the line??

Zo might aswel shoot 3 balls if it's permissible.

It's in his head obviously but from a technical standpoint he's rushing. Barely takes a pause between the dribble and shot. Similarly I think that's what's happened with Russ.

Historically it (second year player as the first option making a playoff run) doesn’t happen often, so expectations shouldn’t have been so high

Last season they definitely overachieved on strength of their defense and a great matchup with okc

With that said I still believe they have elements to be a legit team in the next few years, obviously with some tweaks

Historically, how many times has a second year player as the first option made the playoffs after doing so his rookie year?

Can you shoot free throws anywhere behind the line??

Zo might aswel shoot 3 balls if it's permissible.
Nick Van Exel used to shoot damn near the arc of the FT line so he didn’t have to alter his mechanics. Lonzo’s problem is not the distance, his mechanics are reaching Chuck Hayes level type of bad.

Nick Van Exel used to shoot damn near the arc of the FT line so he didn’t have to alter his mechanics. Lonzo’s problem is not the distance, his mechanics are reaching Chuck Hayes level type of bad.
nick_free_throw.PNG

beat me to it.

plus, NVE was a good FT shooter just had to adjust for it being long/too strong. Zo has some mechanics + consistency issues it wont matter where he stands, just pick a spot and work on it from there.

Chuck Hayes free throws are damn near travels :lol:

Historically, how many times has a second year player as the first option made the playoffs after doing so his rookie year?
Probably even more rare. Like I said, they overachieved last year. Mitchell still has a lot of promise, he has a lot of kinks to work out of his decision making and the roster probably has to be tweaked

As an aside on their team as a whole: The league changing their pace and shot distribution so drastically was also mostly unforeseen. That along with how competitive the west is all play a role in their subpar start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom