**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont do this man. LeBron has averaged 76 games per season since meeting his Miami plug in 2010-2011 and you were expecting him enough time through the first 33 games for them to go 22-19 when there hasn’t been a sign of him slowing down for nearly a decade?
47C6A793-5FCF-46D6-88C6-8277117EA358.jpeg

At 34 years old...playing on a team whose entire motto was to “play fast” :lol:. Yes...I anticipated Bron to sit out 3-4 games or something like that. They were on a 48 pace WITH him. I always maintained that the Lakers were a 46-50 win team with LeBron.

I watched last year...and correctly predicted the Cavs fall off after looking at their schedule last year when they went 18-2 until the Christmas game. And that was with Bron playing 82 games and a year younger.

It’s just math, scheduling and probability bro. Once you account for conference toughness and variability with injuries etc to a degree...it’s pretty easy and reasonable to settle on a certain number. I think if Bron was healthy the last 2 games...the Lakers would be 2 wins better than they are now. Which isn’t really far off from what I was anticipating.

Not say one is the better scorer, more polished, has higher contents of Mamba blood, etc. but can we admit there is too much variation between roles, systems and surrounding personnel to make an apples-to-apples comparisons in their scoring outputs but are bother very talented scorers in their early 20s?

Sure you could say that. Kyrie was out for a good portion of last year though. Kuz is no doubt a better scorer at this point and the rest of his game is expanding as well. We'll see if he gets that same praise for balling in the playoffs though.

I think if Bron was healthy the last 2 games...the Lakers would be 2 wins better than they are now. Which isn’t really far off from what I was anticipating.

Theyre 3-5 without him and I think they would’ve:

beat Sacramento - cuz they lost on the buzzer & faltered in the last 5 minutes in general.

beat OKC - cuz they played them tough, had the lead going into the 4th and lost because we didn’t have a scorer + PG put the clamps on BI.

Beat NY - no excuse for this L :smh: don’t think Bron would let that happen.

I say they would’ve beat Minnesota too :lol:. Only reason they lost that is cuz look started with 2 centers (McGee & Zubac) and the game predicatively began with a 22-3 deficit.

Lou Will killed the Lakers in the other loss but I think the Lakers might’ve been leading going into the 4th quarter. Nothing Lebron could’ve done about Lou going off though so that’s a L.

It sucks but I don’t mind that much. It’s great experience and game reps for the young guys and the bench as well.

At 34 years old...playing on a team whose entire motto was to “play fast” :lol:. Yes...I anticipated Bron to sit out 3-4 games or something like that. They were on a 48 pace WITH him. I always maintained that the Lakers were a 46-50 win team with LeBron.

I watched last year...and correctly predicted the Cavs fall off after looking at their schedule last year when they went 18-2 until the Christmas game. And that was with Bron playing 82 games and a year younger.

It’s just math, scheduling and probability bro. Once you account for conference toughness and variability with injuries etc to a degree...it’s pretty easy and reasonable to settle on a certain number. I think if Bron was healthy the last 2 games...the Lakers would be 2 wins better than they are now. Which isn’t really far off from what I was anticipating.

This is where I think high level Lebby hating bias plays into it. He played in 33 of the first 34 games. They started 3-5. Went 17-9 after that. BOTH the Warriors and Nuggets (Top 2 games in the West) were 17-9 after 26 games. This is after those other teams had seasons of growth together.

Yes, the Lakers got off to a slow start but you can’t tell me saying they were trending in the right direction isn’t accurate. After 34 games they only trailed those two teams by three games!!! 50ish wins this year also likely gets you to like the 4-seed so to use it as a slight is also kind of suspect.

Them Cartier’s got the light looking a little funny in your crib bruh.

Last edited:

Giannis knew

I was just watching Sportscenter and Harden said it hurt like hell. Giannis said he didn’t do it on purpose and, I didn’t think about this but he indicated that you can tell how hard the pass was by the fact it came back across the court which when I thought about I was like :wow:

This is where I think high level Lebby hating bias plays into it. He played in 33 of the first 34 games. They started 3-5. Went 17-9 after that. BOTH the Warriors and Nuggets (Top 2 games in the West) were 17-9 after 26 games. This is after those other teams had seasons of growth together.

Yes, the Lakers got off to a slow start but you can’t tell me they weren’t trending in the right direction isn’t accurate. After 34 games they only trailed those two teams by three games!!! 50ish wins this year also likely gets you to like the 4-seed to use it as a slight is also kind of suspect.

Them Cartier’s got the light looking a little funny in your crib bruh.

Bruh...you can dig up my posts WHEN lebby was healthy and they were picking up steam THIS YEAR right before the Christmas game where I was talking about “December is going to be hell” or “thank god for January”.. :lol:. The Lakers did in fact find their stride in November when they played some easier teams. They also beat good teams and lost to teams they weren’t supposed to lose to. Those are the variables. It happens. Look at the schedule and understand where my reasoning comes from. I can go up and down that schedule and come within a 2-3 game margin either way.

I’m just not saying that out the blue dawg. Also, I’m not using 50 wins as a slight. I fully understand how that’s a potential 4-7 seed this year in the west. I’m #ALA...so imma naturally predict the lower end of that.

I was just watching Sportscenter and Harden said it hurt like hell. Giannis said he didn’t do it on purpose and, I didn’t think about this but he indicated that you can tell how hard the pass was by the fact it came back across the court which when I thought about I was like :wow:

The fact that the ball went right back to Giannis after smacking Harden was incredible, it was nearly like a boomerang

Bruh...you can dig up my posts WHEN lebby was healthy and they were picking up steam THIS YEAR right before the Christmas game where I was talking about “December is going to be hell” or “thank god for January”.. :lol:. The Lakers did in fact find their stride in November when they played some easier teams. They also beat good teams and lost to teams they weren’t supposed to lose to. Those are the variables. It happens. Look at the schedule and understand where my reasoning comes from. I can go up and down that schedule and come within a 2-3 game margin either way.

I’m just not saying that out the blue dawg. Also, I’m not using 50 wins as a slight. I fully understand how that’s a potential 4-7 seed this year in the west. I’m #ALA...so imma naturally predict the lower end of that.

Respect on admitting this analysis is #ALA driven. I guess my main point is all these teams are beating up on each other. However, 5-3 or 6-2 during this stretch is the difference between us currently being in da eight seed and is cooling in da four seed or sitting pretty in the third seed. We’ll see what happens at the end of the season but this thread needs to remember one thing #AllGamesMatter

Last edited:
Crucial point in the game Giannis wont try anything brazy like throwing it off someones head.

Giannis aint that type.

Not say one is the better scorer, more polished, has higher contents of Mamba blood, etc. but can we admit there is too much variation between roles, systems and surrounding personnel to make an apples-to-apples comparisons in their scoring outputs but are both very talented scorers in their early 20s?

Get out of here with your reasonable, nuanced thinking. There’s no place for that in this thread...:smh:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom