**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morey really got dude running real life fantasy basketball... I understand a three is more valuable but nobody is gonna sit here & convinve me that a WIDE OPEN 15 footer is somehow more "efficient" than a contested step back three, ESPECIALLY at the end of the game when your coach is running you 40 min. It was funny watching last night because there were a lot of possessions that resulted in TO's simply because the Bucs wouldn't let Harden get to his left, & forced him Directly into the Big man.
Feel like I say this every few weeks. Analytics hasn't hurt basketball, but certain narratives using analytics have. Stepback 3s with hand in face < wide open midrange.

Morey really got dude running real life fantasy basketball... I understand a three is more valuable but nobody is gonna sit here & convinve me that a WIDE OPEN 15 footer is somehow more "efficient" than a contested step back three, ESPECIALLY at the end of the game when your coach is running you 40 min. It was funny watching last night because there were a lot of possessions that resulted in TO's simply because the Bucs wouldn't let Harden get to his left, & forced him Directly into the Big man.
And that has been the Bucks defensive game plan for all team. Long contest twos or simply, contested 2s rather than 3s.

Taking what the defense gives you but bad habits are step back 3s, which Harden is incredibly great at but he’s gotta take this mid range. Bucks also dominated the Rockets in the paint. Brogdan lived in the paint last night with Brook stretching out Capela

And that has been the Bucks defensive game plan for all team. Long contest twos or simply, contested 2s rather than 3s.

Taking what the defense gives you but bad habits are step back 3s, which Harden is incredibly great at but he’s gotta take this mid range. Bucks also dominated the Rockets in the paint. Brogdan lived in the paint last night with Brook stretching out Capela
Yep, you can segment and cut data in any way you want to fit whatever narrative you want to support. The way people use analytics pisses the **** out of me

I haven't Watched Much of them this season, but there defense was in attack mode all night.

As far as guarding Harden i would Absolutely take this route if i was an opposing squad, simply because Dantoni has James so dead set on either taking a three for himself or someone else. It disrupts the offense more than ever, because nobody else touches the ball & Harden is left in the midrange in no man's land.

Yep, you can segment and cut data in any way you want to fit whatever narrative you want to support. The way people use analytics pisses the **** out of me

In a way we all obsess over stats a bit, i mean we see some one go 50% & think it's great, see someone go 33% & it's horrible.... in reality it's the difference between someone going 4/12 vs 6/12... two missed shots in an entire game. the whole stat thing never tells the whole story.

Sixers might be in 6th place by ASB with this stretch coming up (1/15 - 2/12). Could legit go 0-13 through all this. Hoping for 7-6
  • vs. Timberwolves
  • @ Pacers
  • vs. Thunders
  • vs. Rockets
  • vs. Spurs
  • @ Nuggets
  • @ Lakers
  • @ Warriors
  • @ Kings
  • vs. Raptors
  • vs. Nuggets
  • vs. Lakers
  • vs. Celtics

Sixers might be in 6th place by ASB with this stretch coming up (1/15 - 2/12). Could legit go 0-13 through all this. Hoping for 7-6
  • vs. Timberwolves
  • @ Pacers
  • vs. Thunders
  • vs. Rockets
  • vs. Spurs
  • @ Nuggets
  • @ Lakers
  • @ Warriors
  • @ Kings
  • vs. Raptors
  • vs. Nuggets
  • vs. Lakers
  • vs. Celtics

What’s going on with them?
Losing to thr Wizards last night was inexcusable.

• vs. Timberwolves
  • @ Pacers
  • vs. Thunders
  • vs. Rockets
  • vs. Spurs
  • @ Nuggets
  • @ Lakers
  • @ Warriors
  • @ Kings
  • vs. Raptors
  • vs. Nuggets
  • vs. Lakers
  • vs. Celtics
tumblr_p7xdsaeasa1r2pp2to1_400.gif

Okay so Lakers can win without LeBron. They hve proven it. That team is a contender without him. Add LeBron to the Mix and anything less than a championship would have to go down as the biggest failure and disappointment in North American sports. And for such a proud franchise that never rebuilds, just reloads. This will be an interesting postseason.

• vs. Timberwolves
  • @ Pacers
  • vs. Thunders
  • vs. Rockets
  • vs. Spurs
  • @ Nuggets
  • @ Lakers
  • @ Warriors
  • @ Kings
  • vs. Raptors
  • vs. Nuggets
  • vs. Lakers
  • vs. Celtics

They lost to the stanking *** Wizards but you way too doom and gloom. They straight. They got 2 L's coming against the Lakers though.

• vs. Timberwolves
  • @ Pacers
  • vs. Thunders
  • vs. Rockets
  • vs. Spurs
  • @ Nuggets
  • @ Lakers
  • @ Warriors
  • @ Kings
  • vs. Raptors
  • vs. Nuggets
  • vs. Lakers
  • vs. Celtics

Chill. Only 5 of these are road games. Tough opponents but we should be okay.

Definitely need to be making multiple trades ASAP though.

? if Jimmy decides to walk.... do the sixers have significant cap room? Outside of JJ & Embiid who else is getting paid big money.

Zo has had some great passes this year

fire man

this is why i cut the kid some slack lol.. a lot of slack actually
that and he plays pretty damn good def
boy be checking dudes from 94 feet lol causes lots of TO's too

his offensive game is just doo doo but he's at least been making more 3's compared to last year and shooting them a bit more confidently

fire man

his offensive game is just doo doo but he's at least been making more 3's compared to last year and shooting them a bit more confidently

Picks up full court
Occasionally makes great passes

Sounds a lot like 6er legend TJ McConnell

I was just reading a quote on how Bledsoe guarded him in the 2nd half. Play him barricading Harden’s left, Harden can drive or shoot the two but running into defenders.

I was told that this invites straight line drives and doesn't work anymore :nerd:

Feel like I say this every few weeks. Analytics hasn't hurt basketball, but certain narratives using analytics have. Stepback 3s with hand in face < wide open midrange.

But it's worth 3 points so therefore it's a better shot

fire man

The only thing from his that i deem inexcusable is the FT's, that **** is just unacceptable. But the rest of his offensive game i can see coming around. when he's actually engaged (IE looking to score) on offense dude could be a solid 15 ppg scorer s. With Elite Vision, Elite defense, & an all around game. I'm in on zo, he just has to get atleast decent from the line & try to improve his consistency on that three point shot.

Lonzo would've been a great player in the 90s

But in this era he's just barely an average player due to his lack of shooting.

If Ben Simmons was a smaller guy he'd be in the same boat as Lonzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom