**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Magic blame might be retroactive depending on what happens this summer. If they traded all those pieces for nothing then yeah they should get some blame for those past moves. However this summer is really going to make or break the Laker franchise for the immediate future. If nobody comes this summer Magic was a failure as a GM, because the chances of someone coming year 3 drops more every year.

Dude need to get with Kyrie and tell him to follow suit. No Kyrie going to say everything, then be like I don't want to talk to the media.

Oh if we end up Maxing out a B level star, or Trading our young core for that same caliber of player i'm bringing the pitchforks out. but until then they have a plan in place & are trying to get it done.

also oddly enough Lebron having this monumental failure in LA makes me think The bigger Stars might not be as opposed to Joining. Prior to this the narrative would have easily been Lebron is "carrying" whatever star comes.... but this dude can't even make the playoffs. If A Kawhi, KD, Kyrie etc etc get here & the Lakers are contenders again there is no way the media could spin it into them somehow needing Bron.

Watching First Take for some laughs....

Barbershop Max really said "What if the Lakers get Middleton and Mirotic this summer. Then what would they look like?"

Why the hell would those 2 both walk from the team with the likely MVP, best record, and one of the best coaches in the league to go play for a garbage perennial lottery team with an incompetent front office, no coach, and a declining Bron?

:rofl:

I honestly don’t know why anyone on a playoff team right now would want to walk into that circus this summer. Unless you’re on a losing team or the Lakers are just offering the most money I don’t see why you’d willingly leave your team for that situation.

Barbershop Max really said "What if the Lakers get Middleton and Mirotic this summer. Then what would they look like?"

Why the hell would those 2 both walk from the team with the likely MVP, best record, and one of the best coaches in the league to go play for a garbage perennial lottery team with an incompetent front office, no coach, and a declining Bron?

Just wanna know what the deals the Lakers would give out would look like in the event that they don't trade for Anthony Davis this summer.

Assuming Kyrie/KD/Kawhi/Klay are off the table for them for various reasons and if NO doesn't play ball w/the Lakers, they're going to end up in the same situation as this season if they continue giving out one year deals but at the same time you don't want to tap into cap space that would affect 2020 Free Agency w/AD.

the logic of these Bron stans who are also ALA is completely mind blowing

Them: Lebron is the GOAT, still the best player in the league... Lebron only went To the Lakers because of lifestyle & opportunities in L.A

Also them: Why would anyone want to join the Lakers.... the same Lakers who have there GOAT, The same Lakers located in L.A....... which according to them is such a great opportunity & lifestyle choice, that Lebron who was already one of the most famous/wealthy athletes on the planet decided he had to play there to further business.

still does nothing for the Lakers

meh

but thats why I dont watch ESPN either but I feel like Mirotic isn't in the long term plans, not sure why dude been bouncing around.

Just wanna know what the deals the Lakers would give out would look like in the event that they don't trade for Anthony Davis this summer.

Assuming Kyrie/KD/Kawhi/Klay are off the table for them for various reasons and if NO doesn't play ball w/the Lakers, they're going to end up in the same situation as this season if they continue giving out one year deals but at the same time you don't want to tap into cap space that would affect 2020 Free Agency w/AD.
My guess is they give Boogie a decent amount of money on a 1+1 team option deal.

Jimmy is another name, but that makes no sense if Ingram/Kuz/Bron are all there.

I'm not even sure if they can offer AD max money if they wait until 2020, unless they unload Ingram (which they very well might).

They’ve been doing this all season.

Unless the Bucks try to low ball Middleton I see zero way he leaves them this summer.

That’s exactly what’s going to happen. They might overpay for a Kemba Walker type player too.

Having to renounce Ingram would be a complete disaster. Magic and Pelinka are morons, but I assume they would be smart enough to unload him before that time comes.

Bron went to a ****ty lakers team so I don’t even know why it would be surprising if Durant went to the knicks
because he left a ****** cavs team. and ****** ohio. lateral move basketball wise.....shot to the top of Everest in terms of where he lived to where he lives now.

This summer isn't nearly as much on Magic. After this whole fiasco this year, it's going to be open season on Bron because the perception of the toxicity surrounding him is real and if no marquee guys come, it's directly and justifiably going to be pointed at him. Magic is supposed to be the closer but if dudes don't even wanna come play with a declining Bron, ain't nothing there for him to close.

Lakers going to have to have a frank conversation with Rich Paul about AD's intentions and then act accordingly. Can't have them pulling a PG-Mintz pt 2.

And if he comes in 2020, they technically can keep Ingram if the cap goes up by 10 mil as it's projected to do.

A few things that anyone can take from this interview.

He said teams are daring Rondo to take the shot, goes back to what I said about having the mentality of making stuff happen vices passing.

Shannon said Lebron carried a bunch of nobodies on several occasions, here he clearly says on other teams Lebron could pass to Allen, Korver, Love , Bosh, etc. So clearly he never carried nobodies, these are caliber players.

Lastly, he said he saw Lebrons life leaving, if he saw it, imagine his teammates that are looking at him for guidance? LoL

I swear, they want to make excuses and narratives only to fall on their faces.

PS.

The bonus kicker, Shannon has said Lebron is the GOAT, here he says the stars around the logos is for Championships, even if the Lakers would of have made the playoffs it wouldnt matter because they would of have gotten swept. Meaning that the only thing that matter is a ring. Funny, I thought making it 8 straight times, or beating the Celtics was all it took.

Game set match.....

shannon out here

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom