**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kawhi to the Clips would be the definition of a lateral move basketball wise.
Seems like a backwards move. Leaving a team that will likely make the conference finals and is set to compete for years for an 8th seed that gets swept in the first round. I need him to stay in Toronto. My heart can't take this

Jalen was saying it as well. I've seen it a few other places.

I could be wrong but iirc Jalen Rose said that Doc to the Lakers isn't an option because the Lakers wouldn't pay the salary for Doc along w/having to pay Luke after firing him.

Seems like a backwards move. Leaving a team that will likely make the conference finals and is set to compete for years for an 8th seed that gets swept in the first round. I need him to stay in Toronto. My heart can't take this
:lol:

The Clips basically become the Raptors in better weather if he goes there. Not a bad thing.

The Clips basically become the Raptors in better weather if he goes there. Not a bad thing.

The raptors wouldn't be an 8 seed without him, they're almost just as good either way. Who would the clippers have to let go to sign him? I feel like big mouth Bev wouldn't even be able to stick around

The raptors wouldn't be an 8 seed without him, they're almost just as good either way. Who would the clippers have to let go to sign him? I feel like big mouth Bev wouldn't even be able to stick around
If you put the Raptors in the deeper West and take away Kawhi, they’d struggle to make the playoffs.

As far as Bev sticking around, it depends on who else comes along with Kawhi.

Bout to start prefacing stuff with "My Clipper bias" :lol:

But the Clippers in the west won 42 games last year w/everyone hurt, on pace to win 45 this year...WITHOUT a kawhi level talent.

IF they add kawhi, and everything's on the up and up w/his health...I don't see how if the Clips basically ran it back with the team they have now, with Kawhi, that they don't win 50 plus.

What’s worse keko

Losing in the finals or making the playoffs
20190306_145040.jpg

Forward to 2:15

I'll let your King tell it.

I could be wrong but iirc Jalen Rose said that Doc to the Lakers isn't an option because the Lakers wouldn't pay the salary for Doc along w/having to pay Luke after firing him.

You may be right. Don't think if he's interested though, money will be a deterrent.

You may be right. Don't think if he's interested though, money will be a deterrent.

From everything I’ve seen and heard, including a radio interview this morning, Doc is pretty happy where he is. I get why people would bring his name up for the Lakers though. He’s already in LA, he’s won a ring and I think people are assuming he’s someone LeBron would respect and listen to. Those are probably the reasons his name is coming up.

Reactions: MVP
Bout to start prefacing stuff with "My Clipper bias" :lol:

But the Clippers in the west won 42 games last year w/everyone hurt, on pace to win 45 this year...WITHOUT a kawhi level talent.

IF they add kawhi, and everything's on the up and up w/his health...I don't see how if the Clips basically ran it back with the team they have now, with Kawhi, that they don't win 50 plus.
For sure. They would be Raptors West, who would be a Finals contender if KD leaves Golden State.

Idk how you feel about Doc, but he'd be a massive upgrade over Luke.

Of course he would be, Puke is colonizer Byron Scott. Doc proved something this season for sure. Just as long as he doesn't have personnel control.

all 3 of the clipper fans in this thread are homers. its nothing new. thats why they hate the lakers and are ala affiliated.

whos the last big free agent the clippers signed?

they really have never landed the mega star

But they had a homegrown star in Blake and was able to keep Chris Paul as long as they did. Meanwhile, before Lebron (who is approaching Orlando Shawn Kemp territory and isn’t even there for basketball), Dwight was traded to them and didn’t even bother to stay. Remember when Lebron signed and “now everyone else will come”, and it was Stephenson, Beasley, Rondo, and Chandler, guys who are basically big FAs in name only?

Heh.

I don’t think going to the clippers is a bad thing though.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing but in terms of winning he was in better position to do that in both SA & Toronto if he leaves, In terms of marketability i guess he would have a bit more in L.A but it is not the Lakers (This is NOT a diss to the clippers). I think everyone here can agree that in terms of attention, fandom and hype the clippers aren't on the same level as playing for the Lakers. ESPECIALLY when you have Lebron on the Lakers, him & L.A whether they are good or trash are gonna dominate the headlines & attention.

so Outside of Just wanting to play in L.A & not wanting to play with Lebron (which is understandable) I'm just kind of scratching my head as to why he would be so adamant in playing for the Clippers.... because it wouldn't be an upgrade in winning from his past situations, it also wouldn't be a huge upgrade in marketability & fame if he goes.

who is gonna start the Knicks version of ALA if they get KD? As someone who has lived in NYC his entire life & is also a fan of a team with a unbearable fanbase....

I can guarantee you Knicks fans are gonna be hogan status with there shirts for the next few years :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom