**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except he's winning now. It should be over and done with in his mind.

except now he isnt getting that reverence that he was getting in OKC.. and i'm sure whatever with draymond isnt helping

westbrook was always the bad guy if something went wrong and outside of 1 headline, everyone was quick to jump to his defense.. but now that's steph and he's on steph's team

We all know mj was tougher than lebron. He had some hardships growing up. Lebron has been babied since 8th grade and all he talks about is “people aint supposed to make it out of akron”—man please..you knew you were going to the league since middle school and was worth 100 milly before he played a game in the nba.
This is hilarious.

#YALL have been on a roll today.

Man the media love milking this MJ/Lebron comparisons. They're 2 different style of players and built different. :lol:
Seriously and not only was mj nasty, he made everything look good. Lebron so big and clunky look like his foot gonna go through the floor every step he take, every move he make

To compare LeBron to Mike in regard to toughness on the sports stage is really unfair to LeBron, then also insulting to MJ. MJ played when abusive coaches could do anything that they wanted to, stuff that went mostly unchecked. It isn't spoken of, but Dean Smith was just as tough on his players as was Bobby Knight, It was just that Smith knew how to act in public. LeBron has never played for a coach, that has had more pull than himself. Jordan has, and that is the real reason that MJ is tougher than LBJ. He was forced to deal with the abuse in order to get better as an athlete. Stay silent, take your aggression out on your opponents. Most cats from the era of MJ, and those that came before him, dealt with being a professional athlete in that fashion. LeBron's generation, that AAU mentality, changed that dynamic. Bobby Knight could not be a coach in today's game, and rightfully so. So players like LeBron are forced to mature, then learn to deal with adversity in front of everyone while on the big stage. Couple that with the change in rules, all of these dudes playing today appear soft.

Due to the threat being lessened, it is going to take a minute before these athletes can find balance. They need a more private way to mature then getting tougher mentally, instead of doing it in public.

I could go on about lebron. You the best player yet you going to someone elses team instead of having them come to you. The *****? Those miami ships dont count and thay cleveland ship dont count either.crying on the court and rubbing kevin love knutsack after talk ish about him all year. If he won in 07 that would have done it for me. But please. :rofl:Lebrat a lil biznich babhahahaha

Point is...KD isn’t currently playing with 4 all stars.
So KD not currently playing with:

Steph
all nba 1st (2015, 2016)
All nba 2nd (2014, 2017)
All nba 3rd (2018)
Mvp (2015,2016)

Klay
All nba 3rd team (2015,2016)

Draymond
All-nba 2nd team (2016)
All-nba 3rd team (2017)
Dpoy (2017)

Boogie
All-nba 2nd team (2015,2016)

Or am I wrong?

What accolades do Giannis teammates have? I’ll wait

Do the buck have the best record in the nba or nah?

But Giannis not better than KD this year?

Ok.

Getting cut in high school had to be devastating ...
Idk if you being sarcastic..but definitley..jordans brother was a good player and mj looked up to him. Plus mj went through some racial circumstances growing up..nobody talked about him like they did lebron..now does that put more pressure on lebron as “the chosen one” ..maybe..but the league was in his hands his whole career.even Espn blowing the man all day

So KD not currently playing with:

Steph
all nba 1st (2015, 2016)
All nba 2nd (2014, 2017)
All nba 3rd (2018)
Mvp (2015,2016)

Klay
All nba 3rd team (2015,2016)

Draymond
All-nba 2nd team (2016)
All-nba 3rd team (2017)
Dpoy (2017)

Boogie
All-nba 2nd team (2015,2016)

Or am I wrong?

What accolades do Giannis teammates have? I’ll wait

Do the buck have the best record in the nba or nah?

But Giannis not better than KD this year?

Ok.

You said KD is currently playing with 4 all stars. He’s in fact not :lol:. And Boogie isn’t anywhere close to an all star now. Draymond May be on the real deal decline too.

And We really gotta stop using the “carrying” or who does what with what, teammates etc to discredit obviously great players who win.

Kevin Durant is a better basketball player right now than Giannis. Giannis is still great, the MVP this season...and a top 5-7 player in the league.

Very simple.

D1E8er4VYAA4LCM

Lordy

MJ grew up in a stable, two-parent, middle class household.

LeBron...

Back then, little about James' life was certain, and nothing about his future was preordained. During fourth grade, he moved perhaps half a dozen times and missed nearly 100 days of school. The identity of his father was a mystery to him. The man he called his dad was in jail. He had never played organized sports, and he had no clue who he was or what he wanted to become.

Long before he tattooed Chosen 1 across his back, James was in fact indistinguishable from so many other lost kids in Akron: "Bron Bron," by turns scared and listless, a lonely boy raised on welfare who sketched hundreds of logos of the Dallas Cowboys and Los Angeles Lakers into his notebook.

He began that fourth-grade school year the same way he had begun so many others: sleeping on a couch in a one-bedroom apartment that belonged to another of his mother's friends, where parties continued late into the night and police were sometimes called to investigate noise violations. His mom, 25-year-old Gloria, had recently quit a job at Payless Shoes, according to a friend. She was living on welfare. She liked to go out, friends said, and sometimes left LeBron to supervise himself. Often, he chose not to go to school, spending his days immersed in video games, shuttling between the apartment and a corner store where his mother's food stamps paid for his snacks.

By then, James had already spent two-thirds of his life essentially without a home, moving every few months with Gloria from one apartment to the next. She gave birth to him in 1984, when she was 16, and for the first few years they lived with four generations of family in a big house they owned on Hickory Street, a dirt road bordered by oak trees and railroad tracks near downtown Akron. Gloria went back to school; her grandmother and her mother, Freda, watched LeBron. Her grandmother died a few months later. Then, on Christmas Day in 1987, Freda died suddenly of a heart attack, and all family stability disintegrated.

Gloria and her two brothers, Curt and Terry, tried to maintain the house, but the place was cavernous and old, and they couldn't afford to pay for the heat. A neighbor visited that winter, when James was just 3 years old, and what she saw would later remind her of the movie Home Alone. The house was frigid and unkempt, with dirty dishes piling out of the sink and a hole developing in the living room floorboards. "It's not safe here," said Wanda Reaves, the neighbor. "Can you please come stay with me?" That night, Gloria and LeBron arrived at her house with a single suitcase and a blue stuffed elephant. "You can share the couch," Reaves told them, and so began a nomadic six years for a mother and son who were both trying to grow up at the same time.

"I just grabbed my little backpack, which held all the possessions I needed," James has said, "and said to myself what I always said to myself: It's time to roll."

They lived with Reaves for a few months ... then with a cousin ... then with one of Gloria's boyfriends ... then with her brother Terry. Their housing situation reached its nadir in the year of 1993, when they moved five times in three months during the spring, wearing out their welcome in a series of friends' small apartments while Gloria remained on the waitlist for a subsidized housing waiver from the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom