**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
you really think they're tanking? i've been wondering about this

big time lol Salah Mejri minutes and taking 3s? letting Jalen Brunson take the last shot instead of Luka
They're absolutely tanking. Hard.

They won't catch the Bottom 5, but the goal is clearly to be at the top of that second tier... Finish as low as possible to maximize chances at keeping that pick or, god forbid, winning the lottery outright.

If KP is healthy and they're smart in FA, they're going to be a fringe-playoff team in 2019. Might as well try to keep that pick now and let ATL have a late-lottery, mid-teens pick next year.

They're absolutely tanking. Hard.

They won't catch the Bottom 5, but the goal is clearly to be at the top of that second tier... Finish as low as possible to maximize chances at keeping that pick or, god forbid, winning the lottery outright.

If KP is healthy and they're smart in FA, they're going to be a fringe-playoff team in 2019. Might as well try to keep that pick now and let ATL have a late-lottery, mid-teens pick next year.

35% chance at top 4 I like those odds

interesting takes on the Mavs

ima have to take adv of the LW in the 3rd and 4th qrts then huh? if they are tanking as yall are saying.. thanks ill keep my eye on next up coming games

In the 90’s and 2000’s team who tanked didn’t make it so obvious. :lol:

I knew the Spurs were tanking, but at least the roster that they had after they shut down David Robinson and Sean Elliott still put up a good fight.....

serious question,

what are the realistic trade offers Magic is getting for Lebron this summer if he puts out feelers? Assuming its done under the table and not through media etc.

the media personalities all laughing at Van Gundy for making that comment will be the same ones who will question the Lakers and Magic if and when Lebron has another lingering injury next year, throws his teammates under the bus and after 3 years of this non-sense has nothing but 1 playoff round victory under his belt.

Meanwhile, the Clippers will be who we wanna be 3 years from now (young players and 2 superstars that are younger than 30)

serious question,

what are the realistic trade offers Magic is getting for Lebron this summer if he puts out feelers? Assuming its done under the table and not through media etc.

Send him to Detroit for Blake.

Seriously though, his salary is so astronomical it would take most teams gutting their squad.

Knicks automatically come to mind. Bulls and Heat as well.

I think the intent was for teams to say 'We only have a 14% chance at the top pick so maybe we shoukd try to win'.

I don't think they realized that instead of 4-5 teams really trying to increase their lottery odds, it's more like 8-10 now.
Yep. Simmons has talked about it a bunch on his recent pods.

It is what I was trying to explain to @amitt5504 last week as to why it was in Dallas' best interest to tank and give themselves the best shot at a top 4 pick that they'd be able to hold onto. With the odds flattening, the teams in the 5-8 range don't have all that much worse of a shot at the top 4 than the top 4 teams do themselves. If Dallas can get a top 4 pick and walk away with Reddish or even Zion at 1, it would be an incredible come up.

Carlisle had a good roster for the majority of the season and that’s what he’s getting out of them? He should thank God every morning that he had Dirk.

Its why I wanted the Knicks to win as much as possible as soon as the season started. Dudes came at my neck (pause).

The year were the worst team in the league being the year the lotto odds changed is the most Knick thing ever.

From trying to deal Brandon Ingram to the Pels to signing his uncle Andre to a 10 day. Life comes at you at a rapid rate

D53940AB-365A-435A-8203-490F968C1573.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom