**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be terrifying :lol:
I dont see it happening but you can't rule it out with KD.

Lol, he would be accused of the same thing as he does now. He needs "his own" team to be considered among the greats according to NT and Casual Fans lol
Bleh, he'd be fine in Philly

YIIIIIKES. THAT WOULD BE SCARY.

I can see the sub tweets from Embiid and Simmons now about Bron not signing :lol:
200.gif

Magic wanted to draft Fox. Jeanie wanted Zo.

I typed a bunch of nothing huh? You can't refute anything I said about his job prior to this past summer. The majority said he'd done a good job a worst since taking the president job and that the rep up until this summer. He'd gotten rid of the malcontent in the locker room, restored credibility to the franchise after Jim Buss and Kupchak were floundering to say the least and set us up with young guys and enough room to strike in free agency.

Then he decided to go to Brentwood at 9:01pm July 1st and everything since that point has been a **** show.

Yes. Bron made all those moves(this year). Have a wonderful day

Yes. Bron made all those moves(this year). Have a wonderful day

Did I say that?

I already outlined why what Puke is suggesting is a farce. He wouldn't even play Brook and Randle last season yet was begging for them to stay. Was this before or after Randle asked for his release?

Magic has had a bad year. It started with signing Lebron (although everybody praised him for the acquisition). Subsequently giving Bron too much power/input over the roster with the vets initially. And subsequently when the AD fiasco happened.

The Zubac trade was awful on its own merits and Bron bares no responsibility for that. Eyes are on Magic nobody is disputing that, but the ire of Laker nation is focused on Lebron James and for good reason.

“[We already know] what the bar is, and that’s Golden State,” Johnson said. “For us. We’re just trying to have a great season, get into the playoffs, and then we’ll see what happens. You’re not gonna out-Golden State Golden State. Everybody’s talking about the Lakers don’t have shooting. Oh, we have shooting. But we saw all the teams in the playoffs that had shooting; they got beat. Let’s break it down: Philly had two great shooters, but Boston took the shooters out. And who ended up winning? Boston. And they had a lot of guys that can break defenses down, and shoot. And they were committed to the defensive end. That’s why Boston advanced all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals, and they did that with two of their best players out.

“I watched every series, so I built this team based on what happened in the playoffs. You don’t build a team just for the regular season. You gotta build it for the playoffs, as well. And then we saw what Houston did. Houston didn’t have a bunch of great shooters. They had some shooters, but they had a lot of guys who can handle the basketball, and break the defenses down, and create their own shot. And so they go all the way, take Golden State to 7 games. And then, Houston had tough guys. Boston had tough guys. So what did I bring in? Tough guys. So that’s how I’m building it. I took a lot from watching Boston play, watching Houston play, then advancing, and they beat all the teams that had all the great shooters.”

I... don't think Magic's logic from the summer was all that sound.

Not basketball demand but Pusha T dry snitching on LeBron and it becoming an issue almost ten years later is insane.

Did I say that?

I already outlined why what Puke is suggesting is a farce. He wouldn't even play Brook and Randle last season yet was begging for them to stay. Was this before or after Randle asked for his release?

Magic has had a bad year. It started with signing Lebron (although everybody praised him for the acquisition). Subsequently giving Bron too much power/input over the roster with the vets initially. And subsequently when the AD fiasco happened.

The Zubac trade was awful on its own merits and Bron bares no responsibility for that. Eyes are on Magic nobody is disputing that, but the ire of Laker nation is focused on Lebron James and for good reason.

Man, in 3 posts you insinuated it's Bron. You didn't have to say it. The conversation is about the moves MAGIC made. They've been stupid. It's so easy to see if you're looking objectively. I'm not gonna keep going back and forth because it's just gonna be new ways to absolve Magic in order to blame Bron. Bron makes it worse but the org was a **** show before him as well

Magic made the Lakers a **** show in 1.5 year before Bron came? Yea just agree to disagree, the organizational dysfunction, poor coaching and player development was present before he came. Somehow we regained credibility during that short period if time don't really see how both those things can coincide.

Huh?

Even before the trade, is there a legitimate argument to be made they weren't meeting expectations?

They traded 4 starters for Courtney Lee and Tim Hardaway and they're 4-11 since. Prior to that, they were damn near .500 and on the fringes of the playoff conversation. The roster was pretty much garbage.
Yea cant really criticize the Mavs for much this season...if anything you could kinda question why they didnt start the tank sooner, but even then they had good momentum n dont really wanna force losing on Luka if you dont have to

Any updates on Luka, who said he felt a “pop” in his knee at some point during the game yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom