**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading random trade ideas on Bleacher Report and this one caught my attention - I actually really like it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denver Nuggets Receive: PF Anthony Davis

New Orleans Pelicans Receive: PG Jamal Murray, PF Michael Porter Jr., SG Malik Beasley, C Mason Plumlee, 2021 and 2023 lottery-protected first-round picks

Denver has already become an elite NBA team, so why the need for Davis?

The Nuggets hold a $30 million team option on Paul Millsap for next season, which casts doubt that they'll bring back the 34-year-old forward no matter how effective he's still been. With this potential opening in the frontcourt and plenty of young talent to offer, trading for Davis makes sense.

We can only dream of a Nikola Jokic-Davis pairing, and surrounding it with Gary Harris, Will Barton and Monte Morris makes for a fantastic starting five. Putting lottery protections on the first-round picks would ensure Denver wouldn't crumble should Davis still decide to leave as a free agent in 2020.

New Orleans could get excited about Murray, who's enjoying a career year at the age of 22 with 18.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and 4.9 assists. He still has one more season on his rookie deal before entering restricted free agency.

Porter Jr. is playing three-on-three as he rehabs his back injury and could still turn out to be a star player with time. Beasley is just 22 and has averaged 15.9 points on 50.0 percent shooting from deep as a starter for Denver this season.

All three could start for the Pelicans next year.

Plumlee carries an expiring $14 million deal, and the pair of first-rounders could be used as either selections to keep or potential trade bait.

Found his LinkedIn, former cop:

06E1A7FD-6A80-4794-95F5-B56E135C9EA0.png
F1BA10B9-B500-4861-9336-03AB8BBF309D.png

So he was a #BlueLivesMatter dude? Funny. :lol:

Listened to the Ringer's "Rewatchables" podcast about Warriors v. Thunder and it inspired me to sit down and rewatch some of the game.

Obviously one of the most important games in NBA history but also:

-What a great game all around. Can't be overstated.
-Russ and KD both choked.
-Draymond and Adams have both lost a step.
-I know this is rightfully seen as Klay's game because he did something superhuman. But Steph also had a great second half with a bunch of massive 3s, including the game-tying one at 99.
-This is like the perfect battle between the old NBA and the current one that has taken over in 2019. Thunder are fighting hard for 2s and midrange shots. But the Warriors are just hitting 3, 3, 3. Eventually the numbers for OKC just stop adding up.

Listened to the Ringer's "Rewatchables" podcast about Warriors v. Thunder and it inspired me to sit down and rewatch some of the game.

Obviously one of the most important games in NBA history but also:

-What a great game all around. Can't be overstated.
-Russ and KD both choked.
-Draymond and Adams have both lost a step.
-I know this is rightfully seen as Klay's game because he did something superhuman. But Steph also had a great second half with a bunch of massive 3s, including the game-tying one at 99.
-This is like the perfect battle between the old NBA and the current one that has taken over in 2019. Thunder are fighting hard for 2s and midrange shots. But the Warriors are just hitting 3, 3, 3. Eventually the numbers for OKC just stop adding up.
This was a great pod everyone should listen

I swear that "record" seems low..........

But Lou is so smooth.

It is wild to think of where he was when he was younger.

I remember an Episode of "NBA Hard Knocks" for the 76ers. Lou dunked in practice, AI asked him, "You ever dunk in a real game." ~ :lol:

So ANYtime I see Lou, that is where my mind goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom