**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point what's the best case scenario for the Lakers?

I'm struggling to find a scenario where they level up next season. I think it's more likely they make slight roster tweaks and bank on the kids coming back better.

Likely not getting AD or any top tier FAs. Splurging on a 2nd tier guy sounds dumb. They're waiting to see if Bob Meyers wants the job, but at the same time letting Pelinka hire a coach?

Who Tf is MCten?? These dudes just be typing all type of reports up about the Lakers & people eat it all up :lol:.

Also people been calling Lakers & Knicks fans delusional for years, yet somehow nobody says anything about this Clippers thing

first it was Kawhi is a lock, the same Kawhi who is on a team that one almost 60 games with him missing a quarter of the season.... is gonna leave that team to go play with Lou Will & Gallo as his second best players.

Now not only is Kawhi a lock, but somehow KD is gonna leave a proven dynasty, to team up with another guy who is mentioned in the best player in the league convo.... to play for the clear cut second team in L.A

Nah, not farfetched at all.
It’s actually not far fetched at all since

1. Kawhi has already said he has no interest in playing with Lebron

2. Clippers front office have Jerry West, an architect

3. Balmer has deep pockets and isn’t a terrible owner like Jeanie Buss

4. Clippers have ties to Kawhi’s hometown San Diego

5. Kawhi bought a big *** house in socal

6. Clippers have a championship coach in Doc Rivers

7. Clippers are the better team in LA and have been for some years now.

8. Clippers have cap space for 2-3 max players

9. The Lakers don’t even have a headcoach

10. Lakers don’t even have a president

11. Lebron tried to trade the whole team for AD and ****ed up the whole locker room vibe

12. Lebron is past his prime and his body is deteriorating

Likely not getting AD or any top tier FAs. Splurging on a 2nd tier guy sounds dumb. They're waiting to see if Bob Meyers wants the job, but at the same time letting Pelinka hire a coach?

And they randomly got Kurt Rambis involved in the coach interview process. What’s that about? Jeannie seems unable to grasp that it’s possible for her franchise to function without an ex-Laker player helping to call the shots in some capacity. It’s weird.

And they randomly got Kurt Rambis involved in the coach interview process. What’s that about? Jeannie seems unable to grasp that it’s possible for her franchise to function without an ex-Laker player helping to call the shots in some capacity. It’s weird.

The Lakers are so ****ing weird with this :lol:

During coaching and front office interviews I don’t think we hit up Aaron McKie and Matt Geiger to see what their thoughts are on the candidates

During coaching and front office interviews I don’t think we hit up Aaron McKie and Matt Geiger to see what their thoughts are on the candidates

I get it and I am not a fan of this Rambis love affair. But he’s been a Lakers head coach, long time asst coach for multiple Lakers head coaches, and Lakers front office exec. AND his wife if the owners best friend . SMH he’s a made man. He’s not just some role player from 35 years ago

Either Morris Chestnut is a NTer or the BI being Giannis with a jumper thing is actually real

What qualifications does Morris Chestnut have to talk about basketball other than portraying an NBA player in Like Mike?

I get it and I am not a fan of this Rambis love affair. But he’s been a Lakers head coach, long time asst coach for multiple Lakers head coaches, and Lakers front office exec. AND his wife if the owners best friend . SMH he’s a made man. He’s not just some role player from 35 years ago

This is part of the reason why y’all are y’all. You don’t look at the outside

This is part of the reason why y’all are y’all. You don’t look at the outside

It’s stupid I agree. Jeanie is dumb af with all this bs. I’m just saying he’s not Mckie or Geiger, he has a long-standing role and relationship with the organization for whatever stupid reason

At this point what's the best case scenario for the Lakers?

I'm struggling to find a scenario where they level up next season. I think it's more likely they make slight roster tweaks and bank on the kids coming back better.

Best case is for the kids to all get a fully healthy offseason and come back better. Hopefully hire a president that's not affiliated with the Laker family and a coach that can develop the young guys as well as manage whatever vets they bring in.

Sign a couple 3 & D guys to one year deals and pray AD is as hell bent on coming in next summer. That's all we can realistically hope for.

What qualifications does Morris Chestnut have to talk about basketball other than portraying an NBA player in Like Mike?
Qualifications dont mean anything if we being honest. Idk if you actually watched the clip but the point was the BI being "Giannis with a jumper" thing ISNT only on NT

The Buss family having only Laker money hurts them and you see it in the decision making. They do a lot of either cost cutting stuff like not hiring a full fledged front office or having departments small as hell, or other things.

To me, if I were the Lakers I'd be going full board on Jerry West or Trent Redden from LAC but that'd be tough because there's no way they can compete with Ballmer's pockets.

I said it in the Lakers thread yesterday, but Jeanie's actions the last 36 months are indicating she will close the Laker circle even further.

I agree that rambis and company are stupid to be bringing to the interviews and that we should get real help

But lol at comparing Matt Geiger to the former lakers we brought in (Byron Scott rambis Magic) lol

"Be a gentleman?" You're serious? :lol:

I'd rather just make it a 2 possession game and seal the win, but that's just me. Also it's not the only time Kidd did that, he did the same thing with Middleton in a different game. No sense giving the opponent a small chance to win for no reason. Say he tries to miss on purpose and doesn't catch iron, then what. I once saw Dwyane Wade blow a game in a similar situation.

That last video is .2 seconds left tho. Only .3 or .4 is enough time to catch n shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom