**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't had significant cap space basically since his rookie season cause of all the terrible moves the Pelicans made. Plus it's New Orleans. AD x LA will be a powerhouse even after Bron is gone.
You dont need significant cap space to get a FA. Sign and trades exist

NT will never stop clowning the Cs regardless if the trade went the Cs way :lol:

Yeah, laker fans know all about that AHEM ALA

I get that. But for all that “Don’t deal with the Lakers” narratives being pushed throughout the league, dealing with Ainge seems even more problematic.

It’s a business. Ideally you want to win a deal. But sometimes it’s beneficial to make a deal which not only betters your team but also improves the other party as well. You can do win/win deals if it improves your team. I could see opposing gm’s being skeptical of dealing with a gm who views deals strictly from a win/lose approach even at the expense of a potential win/win deal that benefits both sides.

Him being stingy with his pieces has ultimately been his shortcoming as a gm though. He does a great job at acquiring draft picks. You can’t take that away from him. In terms of utilizing his assets to get that big name star to put his team over the top, he’s failed miserably and that’s all on him for overvaluing his pieces, and being stingy to a fault.

Sometimes being too hesitant can be almost as bad as being too impulsive.

I feel like after he got Brooklyn with the PP/Garnett trade, he started feeling himself and underestimating GMs not named billy king

Just wanna point out that LeBron has routinely made guys like Anderson Varejão look great in the PnR and now he has AD as his roll man.

Should be entertaining.

RIP to NBA Streams

giphy.gif

Posted it in the Lakers thread but This is so true. Hence why Danny Ainge has had all those high draft picks and assets but never made that big trade to get them over the hump (wouldn’t call the Kyrie trade that)

Not all trades need an outright winner and loser, you can make deals which end up paying off for both sides and have your team better off as a result. For all the don’t deal with the Lakers talks throughout the league, that energy should be directed toward Boston. The Lakers operated in good faith throughout dealing with New Orleans. Danny Ainge was more worried about pulling a fast one on them than he was acquiring a guy who possibly could’ve put them over the hump in the east this past season.

Trade the future for a possible one year rental. :lol:

All these top draft picks and still can't make the playoffs. :rofl:

Like I said before, you better hope Lebron brings LA a championship because if not you guys will become the Los Angeles Pelicans with AD without draft picks

Last edited:
I'm sure they're itching for a couple extra mil in cap space they probably won't use.

Their decision hinges on if that is more valuable than getting your #4 pick in camp with your team NOW.

Honestly for them, it probably is.
How much more cap space will they get?

Like I said before, you better hope Lebron brings LA a championship because if not you guys will become the Los Angels Pelicans with AD without draft picks

Just enjoy purgatory status. Don't worry about who's at the top of things.

How much more cap space will they get?
No idea - but I can't imagine it's even close to what the Lakers stand to take on, given the draft pick then counts as a cap-balancing asset at that point.

All the reporting on that situation has been so heavily slanted toward the Lakers, rightfully so. But I wouldn't think the Pellys are sweating a few mil in cap space at this point and are less interested in having the flexibility of getting that draft pick into camp whether for them or someone else.

Like I said before, you better hope Lebron brings LA a championship because if not you guys will become the Los Angels Pelicans with AD without draft picks

It paid off handsomely for Toronto, worked for OKC in terms of landing their guy (on court success is a different topic), facts are Ainge has been far too hesitant to make the big boy moves to put them over the hump. If you want to sing his praises for acquiring picks and cheap assets, I agree, but he’s failed in terms of making the move to put that team over the hump.

As for the Lakers, I’d disagree with that notion. Ideally they win a title with Lebron, but even without him, they have a 26 year old Anthony Davis and a decent amount of cap space to work with. When Lebron leaves or retires, they’ll set up well. The LA market is extremely beneficial to them as long as they’re putting out a decent team and have something to offer. It don’t mean **** if they suck, but if they have a good team it’ll be appealing to free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom