**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, they can afford Tobias. Just not for a max. But anybody who maxes him will regret it anyway.

And yes they could afford to pay them and pay LeVert when he comes due for a new deal. Because they could stay under the tax this year. And find a way to do so next year. Then they wouldn’t have luxury tax issues until final year of Kyrie and Tobias

Kyrie / Dinwddie
DLo / Harris / Musa
LeVert / Prince
Kurucs
Allen
27th & 31st Pick

Leaves them with $16.6mil

Trade Dinwiddie for 2020 picks, gets to $25.7mil. Musa trade gets them to $26.7mil

DLo and probably a first and second is better than Dinwiddie and nothing for a guy who just made the all star team. Especially when Dinwiddie will need to get paid anyway because he’s got an opt out after 2

This is such a terrible fitting team. Unless Kyrie knows for a 1000% fact that another max guy (not Tobias) is coming with him then this along with letting go of D-Lo to make it happen is one of the most pointless moves for a star player in the middle of the prime of his career that I’ve ever seen.

So NO won’t delay closing until July 30th for no reason, unless that was agreed upon beforehand hush hush to cause the Lakers to throw in an extra player or pick?

We don't know yet. But according to Mcmenamin AD could be willing to waive his trade kicker like Kyrie did if they get a max free agent commitment. They'd do a 2+1 to get back into free agency and make up whatever difference from taking less the 1st 2 years. 35% max instead of 30% in 2 years.

This is such a terrible fitting team. Unless Kyrie knows for a 1000% fact that another max guy (not Tobias) is coming with him then this along with letting go of D-Lo to make it happen is one of the most pointless moves for a star player in the middle of the prime of his career that I’ve ever seen.

I don’t really feel that way. If they retain DLo.

I do think it’s pointless if the idea is Kyrie and Tobias without DLo. Is basically last year’s Nets with adding Tobias. Like I said it makes the 76ers series likely go 7. Instead of 5.

If it’s Kyrie, Tobias, DLo. It can actually work really well. Is it a title winner? Probably not. Only 1 team wins each year. But it certainly has promise if DLo continues to improve as he has.

I don’t really feel that way. If they retain DLo.

I do think it’s pointless if the idea is Kyrie and Tobias without DLo.

If it’s Kyrie, Tobias, DLo. It can actually work really well. Is it a title winner? Probably not. Only 1 team wins each year. But it certainly has promise if DLo continues to improve as he has.

DLO and 2 other max players is impossible

DLO and 2 other max players is impossible

Yeah. You’re wrong. But okay.

By letting Napier and Graham go. They are at $16mil or so

The $32mil max is opened if they traded Dinwiddie and Joe Harris for future picks.

Since Joe isn’t likely they can get to the $27mil max. By trading Dinwiddie for a future pick. Trading Musa. Drafting a stash player at 31

Last edited:
Posting this again, but Kyrie and Dlo together would be a disaster waiting to happen. Doesn't matter anyway, Dlo is going to Phoenix

Posting this again, but Kyrie and Dlo together would be a disaster waiting to happen. Doesn't matter anyway, Dlo is going to Phoenix

Not really.

Kyrie and DLo both were good at catch and shoot. Kyrie has played in offenses where he shares the ball handling and distribution (no DLo isn’t LeBron but Kyrie has played heavy minutes with ball dominant players).

DLo also isn’t a small statured PG. He’s 6’5” he can play the 2.
Would allow the Nets to run a lot more on ball P&Rs and off ball screens that can lead back into P&R. Depending on the lineup there can be a few shooters and ball handlers on the court at once.

And also Kyrie is a 33 minute a game guy. That means DLo can get 15 minutes where he runs the offense. Kyrie can get a similar stretch. And they have their time together.

If DLo doesn’t fit. Spencer Dinwiddie really doesn’t fit. Might as well not have any backup because you’ll be wasting him and he won’t fit

Not really.

Kyrie and DLo both were good at catch and shoot. Kyrie has played in offenses where he shares the ball handling and distribution (no DLo isn’t LeBron but Kyrie has played heavy minutes with ball dominant players).

Would allow the Nets to run a lot more on ball P&Rs and off ball screens that can lead back into P&R. Depending on the lineup there can be a few shooters and ball handlers on the court at once.

And also Kyrie is a 33 minute a game guy. That means DLo can get 15 minutes where he runs the offense. Kyrie can get a similar stretch. And they have their time together.

If DLo doesn’t fit. Spencer Dinwiddie really doesn’t fit. Might as well not have any backup because you’ll be wasting him and he won’t fit

Defensively is where they’d be poor, but I’d see them as a Dame/McCollum type combo.

Anyway it doesn’t matter. Seems like the Nets aren’t interested in pairing the two.

I think Dlo fits best in Utah.

Not really.

Basketball isn't all about analytics and stats. Kyrie's personality is the reason it wouldn't work and would blow up just like it did in Boston. Brooklyn made their choice already anyway with Kyrie and Dlo will be in Phoenix

Yeah. You’re wrong. But okay.

By letting Napier and Graham go. They are at $16mil or so

The $32mil max is opened if they traded Dinwiddie and Joe Harris for future picks.

Since Joe isn’t likely they can get to the $27mil max. By trading Dinwiddie for a future pick. Trading Musa. Drafting a stash player at 31

So you running out DLO, Cararis, Kyrie, Toby, JA and vet minimum dudes?

That team is barely better than the one they had last year.

D-Lo fits in best with a backcourt mate that can defend the other team’s best perimeter player and help him with his weaknesses on that side of the ball. Someone that’s around 6’10 230 pounds of muscle. Someone that was born and raised in Australia. Someone who went to the same high school as him.

If that someone is out there then I think that’s the best fit for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom