**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how hard it is to get a job without an address (or PO Box) consistent place to stay, place to shower, resume, etc? There's a lot of steps that make it hard for people who are homeless to get jobs. It's not as simple as them not wanting to work. These people aren't in comfortable living situations saying saying "I don't want to work"
It is hard, absolutely. But there are agencies and services and programs that help with that now. It's not as hard as it used to be. Make no mistake, it's not easy. It's not just a paper you fill out, but it's not impossible. It's not something that can't be done if you want to get out of the streets. Homelessness doesn't have to be permanent.

Every homeless person I've met has a mental illness, they don't just not want to work.

It’s a really complex, multilayered problem. LA is in the midst of a full-blown homeless crisis. There is a tent village of homeless people living under the freeway underpass nearest my house. I’m talking like 20 tents in a one block area. I encounter them every day. There are a few that truly just fell on hard times, a few that have chosen that lifestyle, but the majority either have some form of mental illness and/or are addicted to drugs.

It’s a really complex, multilayered problem. LA is in the midst of a full-blown homeless crisis. There is a tent village of homeless people living under the freeway underpass nearest my house. I’m talking like 20 tents in a one block area. I encounter them every day. There are a few that truly just fell on hard times, a few that have chosen that lifestyle, but the majority either have some form of mental illness and/or are addicted to drugs.

It's even worse in the Bay area. The cost of living is so high and affordable housing is so hard to find that you'll see people who have jobs, in soem cases, full-time jobs who are homeless. Homeless doesn't always mean I don't have a job, sometimes it means I just can't afford a place to live.

Working in Santa Monica has exposed me to the homeless issue in LA big time. I knew the la homeless thing was bad but not this bad

Working in Santa Monica has exposed me to the homeless issue in LA big time. I knew the la homeless thing was bad but not this bad

It’s gotten way worse. I grew up in SM. We always had homeless around, but not anything close what’s going on now. Like, when I was younger we used to basically know the homeless people in Santa Monica; had nicknames for them because there were only a handful of them...Rosie the Potato Lady, Willy, Bird Man...they were all just old and clearly crazy. Whole different thing now.

Homeless doesn't always mean I don't have a job
44CBE052-F808-4BC2-A024-E14F9C5053BE.jpeg

I feel like you have to burn every bridge imaginable to get to the point where not one person on earth will let you even sleep on their couch at least.

I mean I’ll still feel bad sometimes and give them a dollar or two but 95% of them are in that position because of their own terrible *** decisions.

What if they were born homeless?

Did I say 100% or 95%?

There’s 5% that were born homeless, had awful upbringings and zero support and just kinda fell into it and couldn’t find their way out. Or have some type of mental illness on top of all that.

Now the Suns are over correcting ...They bout to go from Josh Jackson’s to Adam Morrison’s , either way they can’t get right :lol: :smh:
I think Ty Jerome was actually a really good pick for them.

Picking Cam Johnson as I high as they did was dumb (should've traded back if that's who they really wanted), but if he can be a knockdown shooter at his size, that won't be the end of the world.

I work with the homeless and the mentally Ill everyday. I can concur there's a correlation between the two. So yea I agree it's not as simple as 'if the person wants money and wants a home, he should get a job.'. That said, my sympathy depends on the person. I've met too many people that are just not interested on getting better. Some are ok with not being independent as long as someone is providing them with shelter and meals. Some others don't care where they at as long as they are drugged up. Etc. There are programs available to help mentally ill or formerly incarcerated gain independence, but not everyone is interested in those resources.

Last edited:

Picking Cam Johnson as I high as they did was dumb (should've traded back if that's who they really wanted), but if he can be a knockdown shooter at his size, that won't be the end of the world.

Ty Jerome is a really solid basketball player but I watched this dude in person not even be able to get past the defenders on Gardner-Webb. He’s skilled and crafty but has short *** arms, isn’t explosive and is a good shooter but not an elite shooter. He’s somebody I could see being a lot more successful overseas if **** doesn’t work out for him in the first few years.

The craziest homeless I've been around reside in Portland. One guy thought we were following him and he tried to fight his reflection from a mirrored window on a building.

Them northwest homeless are diff breed. I visited Seattle and you’ll be in a middle class clean neighborhood with random homeless people walking around high out their minds hallucinating.

Ty Jerome is a really solid basketball player but I watched this dude in person not even be able to get past the defenders on Gardner-Webb. He’s skilled and crafty but has short *** arms, isn’t explosive and is a good shooter but not an elite shooter. He’s somebody I could see being a lot more successful overseas if **** doesn’t work out for him in the first few years.
Yeah I'm not saying he's going to be a star or anything like that. I just think he's going to be a really smart, steady player for them. Which is exactly what they need.

Kawhi- TOR
KD- BK
Kyrie- BK
Klay- GSW
Kemba- CHA
Jimmy B- HOU
DLo- LAL
Tobias- PHI
Middleton- MIL
Horford- DAL
Boogie- GSW
Vucevic- ORL
Brogdon- BOS
Randle- NO
Only because you my Boston Bruins brodie, you forgot to @MVP, so I'm gonna send the bat signal for him. Don't want you stressing more than losing Kyrie and Horford.

Will get my own predictions in before the deadline. Did I see we're closing this the 25th?

Yeah I'm not saying he's going to be a star or anything like that. I just think he's going to be a really smart, steady player for them. Which is exactly what they need.

If they get D-Lo or another good starting point guard in free agency and keep Tyler Johnson then I don’t see Jerome getting much of any burn this season. And the Suns have just been a mess in general. But I will say he does have a modern NBA game. I just don’t know if that Manu-like craftiness is gonna translate when he’s not as big or athletic as Manu.

Ty Jerome is one of those guys that doesn't look like he should be on the court athletically but he's smart and crafty as a mother****er. Hope it works out for him. When I thought Boston was keeping the pick I considered it a good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom