**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted to see Kemba under the MSG lights playing meaningful games. But alas.

Same :smh:

Once he plays meaningful games with any team, people will realize how good he is. The talent he's been surrounded by has been terrible. Kinda how it took so long for Dame to finally get credit recently.

decent Iggy interview. I noticed nobody mentioned Iggy said the GSW training staff is great and his injury was not related to the previous injury.

Read it somewhere. But a lot like these reports, all smoke til it happens.

Makes sense though? Take the ball out of Simmons hands and let him operate in the open court or the post. Let CP handle the half court sets and provide the leadership.

Plus a locker room with Embiid and CP would bring the lolz.

I’d prefer a group of Harden/Butler/Capela over CP/Harden/Butler though.

Nah that must have just been somebody throwing **** out there. Sounds to me like either the Sixers just want first rounders and keep their max cap space or they’d take Gordon, Tucker and whatever first rounder the Rockets would get for Capela.

Tobias Harris and Al Horford aren’t max players and anyone that gives them that money deserves the mediocrity that will follow

In the case of Tobias, I would agree that rumor seems like a leverage play by his people. Bringing him back would be inconsistent with all the moves the Clippers have been making. All the people who follow the team regularly seem to think that, if they don't get either Kawhi or KD, they're not going to give max deals to any 2nd tier FAs, but will more or less stand pat and roll their cap space over into next season.

So DLOs market dries up after Phoenix uses most of their cap and Pacers interest in Rubio. Lakers should offer 17.5 x 4
If this were the case I can see the knicks making a move for him. He's stated before that he likes being in NY + he fits the knicks timeline. I don't see our FO having a problem offering him a contract if its at a good price, lower than the max

I gotta be honest...
as a lifelong knicks fan it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth seeing and reading the hatred based off of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but your own SOFT inferiority complexes as it relates to NYC towards the knicks.
**** all of you that take unnecessary shots at the knicks.

our time will come and when it does, you will know what type of time we'll be on. trust me.

also, as far as the nets, I couldn't give 72 ****s if they resurrected the 96 bulls, signed them and won it all.
Oh you big mad huh B?
I don't see it as hate, just truth telling. The mecca has won ONE playoff series since the year 2000. ONE series in almost TWENTY years! How can you fix ya lips to call it hate? You're a laughing stock that prints money because of your location. Any other city would've had their franchise re-located given that level of incompetence.

I been slacking on this thread :lol:

In the case of Tobias, I would agree that rumor seems like a leverage play by his people. Bringing him back would be inconsistent with all the moves the Clippers have been making. All the people who follow the team regularly seem to think that, if they don't get either Kawhi or KD, they're not going to give max deals to any 2nd tier FAs, but will more or less stand pat and roll their cap space over into next season.

Preserving cap space to max Hassan Whiteside in 2020. I can dig it

If this were the case I can see the knicks making a move for him. He's stated before that he likes being in NY + he fits the knicks timeline. I don't see our FO having a problem offering him a contract if its at a good price, lower than the max
Yeah I forgot to include Utah trading for Conley. Knicks make more sense the Lakers. He's young it's not like winning is a priority right now

West already said the clips would be patient and will not spend just to spend. If they have to go another yr like this, they will. If they strike out in free agency, i assume they will sign guys to one year deals with high salaries and not handcuff themselves.

Who are the big fish next summer?
Dray?

^^^ Or maybe the Clippers have been linked to a lot of FAs because: (1) they have cap space; (2) they’re in city with great weather that also happens to the 2nd biggest media market in the country; (3) they have the richest owner in North American sports; and (4) one of the handful of active coaches who has won a ring. CP3 and BG both has huge success with endorsement while playing for the Clippers.

Why wouldn’t players consider it (or agents float that players are considering it)?

The Nets have been linked to a lot of FAs for a similar set of reasons, despite having an unimpressive history. Are their owners paying off the media too?

Come on, people...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom