**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kawhi has a chance to boost his own legacy off LeBron's back tho. First to win a chip with 3 teams along with Bron. First to win finals MVP with 3 teams. Potential to win 3 or even 4 straight chips which Bron has never 3 peated. You have to either retire like MJ or reload the roster around you like LeBron to even have a chance to win 3+. He could be the only man to 4peat in the modern era
It would be hard to see the media give Kawhi a LA Finals MVP over LeBron IMO

Kawhi has a chance to boost his own legacy off LeBron's back tho. First to win a chip with 3 teams along with Bron. First to win finals MVP with 3 teams. Potential to win 3 or even 4 straight chips which Bron has never 3 peated. You have to either retire like MJ or reload the roster around you like LeBron to even have a chance to win 3+. He could be the only man to 4peat in the modern era

DmlDKEHU0AAtBUY.jpg

Bucher said a couple weeks ago that Kawhi wants to be the guy who plays against Lebron, not join him, based on his appreciation for their rivalry going back to the 2014 NBA Finals.

The fact that he would even set up a meeting with them and waste his time is puzzling, if he were at all serious about those comments.

Or, maybe he’s reconsidered? We know KD’s changed his thoughts on these things, but that was over a longer time period.

Or maybe Kawhi’s mentality on the matter was totally miscast by Bucher? :lol:

Bucher said a couple weeks ago that Kawhi wants to be the guy who plays against Lebron, not join him, based on his appreciation for their rivalry going back to the 2014 NBA Finals.

The fact that he would even set up a meeting with them and waste his time is puzzling, if he were at all serious about those comments.

Or, maybe he’s reconsidered? We know KD’s changed his thoughts on these things, but that was over a longer time period.

Or maybe Kawhi’s mentality on the matter was totally miscast by Bucher? :lol:
Things change, wouldn’t be surprising at all

He might just want to load manage all year round by home. Now it’s up to pelinka and company to make him choose them over LAC

Bron struggled last year?? I know the injury, but I wish I’d struggle and drop 27/8/8. Lol

Hell yea he struggled. 28-27 when he played. Didn't close winnable games early. The whole AD saga killed the chemistry. Failed to activate after the injury. Overall it was a nightmare year to start his tenure. Empty stats. Things looking rosy now but we not going to relitigate what took place last season.

28-27 when he played. Hell yea. Didn't close winnable games early. The whole AD saga killed the chemistry. Failed to activate after the injury. Overall it was a nightmare year to start his tenure. Empty stats. Things looking rosy now but we not going to relitigate what took place last season.
but but 27, 8 and 8!

That’s all on him with the roster they put around him and the the young guys? Nah don’t give me that.

I know you’re not a Lebron fan but Kobe, at lebrons point in his career, wasn’t going to be able to do anything with that roster either.

Kawhi would be the best player on the Lakers.
Everybody in this fanbase saw how Bron struggled last year.
I don't think the narrative would be one of ridicule for Kawhi or he's jumping on the bandwagon. Bron needs Kawhi much more than Kawhi needs Bron forsure at this juncture.

Plus after Bron hangs em up he and AD can still dominate.

I could see the Argument for being the Prodigal son for the Clippers franchise & being the guy who finally made them successful especially while Lebron is there... that would be a great draw if he didn't just become the prodigal son for an entire country of basketball fans while also shooting down a dynasty in the process.

If he leaves Toronto (I still think they have the edge) i'm really not seeing many draws for him to go to the clips over the Lakers... This season just bottled up all the possible negatives his detractors would have to say

1) Lebron carried you.... I have won two titles w/o Lebron & actually got a FMVP against him
2) Your a system player... I won A Title as the clear cut best player on the team against The Warriors
3) You can't win w/o another HOF.... Look at the roster of the Raptors, i don't think any of them are going into the HOF

Outside of simply not wanting to play with Bron (which is very viable)... what are the clippers giving him that the Lakers aren't.

You also have to take into account they were 4th when he got hurt and missed the most time in his career. Came back and you could see he still wasn’t fully right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom