**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philly will have 4 $100 million dollar contracts on their starting lineup.... And no chip.

Soon

315CA8C9-A7BB-4A8A-8700-1DD3DD425DCE.jpeg

I’d rather read LeBron vs Jordan arguments than arguing over 2 great sports like football and basketball.

Problem is, we’re not having the same argument

I fully realize the nfl has issues.. and power structure and racism are 2 of em

But that doesn’t just apply to the NFL.. or just America

Just like issues with the refs.. or things that can be done regarding the time management of the games

Hell off the bat the NBA needs to cut at least 15-20 games from teams regular season schedules.. then cut the first round series in the playoffs from 7 games back down to 5 or hell even 3 would be good

NBA and NFL : Majority black players
NBA and NFL : Majority racist white owners

Not gonna defend either one, you’re stupid as hell if you think majority of those NBA owners aren’t racist.

One just has a smarter commissioner and one is clueless.

I’ll continue to watch both

As a Laker fan I think people are overestimating how good Klaw/LBJ/Unibrow would be right away.

They’re gunna be surrounded with damn near 10 minimum contracts. Of course they might get Iggy + other buyouts but I wouldn’t count on them automatically winning the title this year.

I know 6-10 doesn’t really matter that much but first year depth will be a problem. Heat had Mike Bibby playing big minutes in their first year :lol:

Just like issues with the refs.. or things that can be done regarding the time management of the games

Hell off the bat the NBA needs to cut at least 15-20 games from teams regular season schedules.. then cut the first round series in the playoffs from 7 games back down to 5 or hell even 3 would be good
Power structure in conjunction with institutionalized racism is a bit beyond the pale for me. I don't think you can compare them to the NBA playing too many games or inconsistent reffing.

They don't need to do any of that. Too much money at stake. The NBA has become a year round sport. The off court stuff is as compelling as the on court exploits.

Kawhi going anywhere but the Lakers would give the league the most wide-open competitive balance it's had in a long time. Need it to happen.
Yes!

Imagine the Raptors with him battling Bucks and Sixers

West would be LAL, Hou, GSW, Portland

Or Kawhi joing the LAC, battling LAL, Hou, GSW, Portland. East would be a 2 team race.

I would legit think it would be one of the more competitive seasons in a long time.

We all know Durant a Beta but role players that are too shook to hit a open three, that had to go on a midseason diet because they let themselves go that claim to be the GOAT defender while getting burned time and time again.

I see that draymond has gone back to being a glorified role player on a loaded team and is no longer a stone in the infinity gauntlet

Lets keep that same energy when dubs are back to running thangs

Why would Philly offer Ben this contract in a make or break season? Make that dude develop a jumpshot and see what it is. This is risky OR its a bargain deal and he actually does develop more.

I wouldn't pay him 100M's though.

As a Laker fan I think people are overestimating how good Klaw/LBJ/Unibrow would be right away.

They’re gunna be surrounded with damn near 10 minimum contracts. Of course they might get Iggy + other buyouts but I wouldn’t count on them automatically winning the title this year.

I know 6-10 doesn’t really matter that much but first year depth will be a problem. Heat had Mike Bibby playing big minutes in their first year :lol:

Nah it'd be a demolition once the playoffs start. They'd have the 3 best players on the floor in every series.

Kuz being there is big, he can be that 3rd guy on whatever load management nights there are. Boogie is probably on the way as well. Iggy + Korver. That's a solid 7 man rotation. Plus whatever bargains they can get now that the market has pretty much dried up. Could end up getting 1 of the Morris twins or even Javale back on min deals.

Imagine the Raptors with him battling Bucks and Sixers

West would be LAL, Hou, GSW, Portland

Or Kawhi joing the LAC, battling LAL, Hou, GSW, Portland. East would be a 2 team race.

I would legit think it would be one of the more competitive seasons in a long time.
Going into next year with Kawhi in Toronto or with the Clippers would be the most excited I've been for a season in years - and my team ain't even gonna make the playoffs. :lol:

I get the excitement around player freedom and ability to move around as they please - NBA Free Agency is a ****in blast. But the Monstarz roster stuff just isn't entertaining to me once actual games start being played. Cuts down the intrigue of the season and most of the playoffs significantly.

Why would Philly offer Ben this contract in a make or break season? Make that dude develop a jumpshot and see what it is. This is risky OR its a bargain deal and he actually does develop more.

I wouldn't pay him 100M's though.

He's getting that money one way or another.

Just trade him if it doesn't work out.

NBA and NFL : Majority black players
NBA and NFL : Majority racist white owners

Not gonna defend either one, you’re stupid as hell if you think majority of those NBA owners aren’t racist.

One just has a smarter commissioner and one is clueless.

I’ll continue to watch both

Only real difference regarding the level of racism in either sport.. the power 1 individual player has on the outcome of a game and money to be made

Because as Dominique foxworth, who was once heavily involved with multiple player unions, has pointed out about Peyton Manning and Drew Brees: ‘they thought they were different from other players, but learned the hard way the owners viewed them as players when it came time for labor issues’

I would strongly suggest listening to bomani’s most recent podcast we actually slightly discusses racism in the NBA, NFL and MLB

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play/_/id/27100494

Also on the impact of analytics and the role racism in the country plays:

Nah it'd be a demolition once the playoffs start. They'd have the 3 best players on the floor in every series.

Kuz being there is big, he can be that 3rd guy on whatever load management nights there are. Boogie is probably on the way as well. Iggy + Korver. That's a solid 7 man rotation. Plus whatever bargains they can get now that the market has pretty much dried up. Could end up getting 1 of the Morris twins or even Javale back on min deals.
Bingo. Regular season they'd win 60 games. Playoff time starts and they're just going to overwhelm everybody physically with those three guys on the court for 40 minutes a night. Stupid.

A lot of the strong second tier guys are gone, but there's still enough reasonable talent left out there they can piece together a semi-competitve second unit. Kuz/Morris/Rondo/Iggy on his last leg/maybe Boogie even though I think that's kind of a waste. They'd be the heaviest title favorites going into a year in a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom