**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its going to take some time for the perception of the Grizzlies to get out of people's head. But, this is a whole new era :lol: . Whatever feelings people had about the core 4 and the old front office should vanish soon.

That's not what I'm talking about :lol:. Like I said I've liked what the grizzlies have been doing for the past year or so. But what exactly is the plan with those expiring contracts? Next year is terrible for free agency so are they targeting someone in a trade or something?

LinearCheapGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

That's not what I'm talking about :lol:. Like I said I've liked what the grizzlies have been doing for the past year or so. But what exactly is the plan with those expiring contracts? Next year is terrible for free agency so are they targeting someone in a trade or something?

There's several ways to go into this. We aren't trying to make plans to contend any time soon, so you can either sell off those expirings at the deadline for a 1st/multiple 2nd's + longer contract. You can use the money in free agency to make a big offer at a RFA (Levert, Murray, Brown, etc.). For guys that have a ltitle more value like Crowder, you may be able to move him in a deal straight up for a future pick to a contender. A small market with these type of options are good.

Unlikely, but a possibility, they could build up enough assets to make a big play on the next star that comes available. Most teams look for picks and young assets. Regardless of where the star wants to go, you can take that risk by trading for him if you believe that guy will push your team over the top and Ja/JJJ are eventually in a position to help carry you as well.

bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 - you think their plan right now is to keep Iggy going into the season? There was a lot of chatter about him getting bought out when the move first got made...

At the moment, I haven't heard anything about if we will buy Iggy out. Its crazy how this has been the talk when Memphis has yet to say a word about it. The roster is getting full, though. If we decide to bring Delon back, we will be at about 18 guys with Korver/Bradley non guaranteed deals. I don't think we are done making moves. But, I think we only buy Iggy out if he wants to be somewhere else. Ideally, I think we want to keep him.

Someone said noon? It’s noon east coast time :nerd:

We got 3 more hours??

MV5BMTIxMjI4NTIyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjE0NzQ1._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

young fabio
latest

+ arya stark after a weekend at the buffets

they might take the chip for best female power couple over Sue bird / megan rapinoe

ESPN got some HUGE people on their staff.

I remember watching ESPN's The Jump and being disgusted when I saw Brian "Jaba The Hutt" Windhorst, Momo, and local ESPN LA reporter Ohm Youngmisuk sitting at the round table.

Yikes gotta be like 900 pound combined.

Ryen Russilo lowkey lumpy too
mans talk like he the next Mr. Olympia
but dad bod

170823-espn-radio-host-arrested-feature.jpg

^^^ Not if Iggy embraces the role of being a mentor to younger guys the way Vince Carter has...but that doesn’t seem to me like what he wants to do at this point. He’ll probably try to force his way out of Memphis at some point.

MV5BMTIxMjI4NTIyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjE0NzQ1._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

young fabio
latest

+ arya stark after a weekend at the buffets

they might take the chip for best female power couple over Sue bird / megan rapinoe

Ryen Russilo lowkey lumpy too
mans talk like he the next Mr. Olympia
but dad bod

170823-espn-radio-host-arrested-feature.jpg

I think Russillo just has a fat face

Ryen-Russillo.jpg

I think it’s funny that, at this point, everyone acknowledges it’s impossible to get in Kawhi’s head and know what he’s really thinking, yet we all keep trying to read into stuff he does :lol:

^^^ Not if Iggy embraces the role of being a mentor to younger guys the way Vince Carter has...but that doesn’t seem to me like what he wants to do at this point. He’ll probably try to force his way out of Memphis at some point.

Exactly -- and the ring chasing argument isn't even a thing considering he already has 3 rings and a Finals MVP.

I will make a prediction to say if the Grizz buy him out, the number is going to have be pretty small. At the most 50% of his contract. There's no real incentive for the Grizz to buy him out close to his actual contract figure. The reason we just traded Parsons was due to both parties not agreeing on a buyout number.

So, if he's bought out, it will be a favorable number for us or we decide to trade him again while getting multiple 2nds for him (which also adds to the Conley trade since we acquired Iggy via his trade exception).

I think it’s funny that, at this point, everyone acknowledges it’s impossible to get in Kawhi’s head and know what he’s really thinking, yet we all keep trying to read into stuff he does :lol:

I’ve been going to Clippers, Lakers, and Raptors forums and it’s crazy how each fanbase watches or reads the same thing but comes to a different conclusion :lol:

lmao danny green really waiting for his butt buddy kawhi to make the first move. what a ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom