**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say overrated, these are top level competitors and winning is the name of the game for them. Money will always be attainable for people at as high a level as the superstars of the league, a ring signifies being the best.

And winning is fun as hell. A rec league championship feels pretty awesome, so I can only imagine how a professional one is. So, I wouldn’t call rings overrated; but I don’t think athletes should be diminished as much as they are for not winning championships.

It is funny though because much of that simply boils down to luck of the draw, IE: Which team are you fortunate enough to play on.

There is NOTHING else Allen Iverson could have done to be part of a championship squad.

I think people forget this is a team spot at times

and nobody questions A.I's greatness (at least nobody logical), with that said it's hard to say he's btter than a Kobe/Bron etc etc when those guys have the same individual success & we've also seen them deliver constantly at the height of basketball.

We could go on & on all day about what AI or T-mac would have did if they had player x,y,z or how they would've performed in a certain situation, but at the end of the day it's speculation vs proof. There's def luck that plays into it & team situations but that's just a part of life.

I'm just different. I would give no dambs what people say about me and my accomplishments. I just care about what the bank statements say. That tells me whether i had a great career or not

Rings are so overrated.
Homies like John Wall and Melo role like this and you can’t be mad. Honestly fans care more than the athletes. They’re happy to be paid millions for **** they’d do for free

who the lakers gonna fill the rest of their roster out with when they sign kawhi. low tier free agents disappearing

I dont want to be Kawhi. Let me just be Nicholas Batum. Nobody would care what the hell I'm doing in the off season.

Hell, I'd be cool just being Jeff Green. Being that tall is gonna suck when you get old but whatever.

I dont want to be Kawhi. Let me just be Nicholas Batum. Nobody would care what the hell I'm doing in the off season.

Hell, I'd be cool just being Jeff Green. Being that tall is gonna suck when you get old but whatever.
stockton walked off the dream team bus in the middle of barcelona and nobody gave a **** :lol:
thats the kind of anonymity id strive for

and nobody questions A.I's greatness (at least nobody logical), with that said it's hard to say he's btter than a Kobe/Bron etc etc when those guys have the same individual success & we've also seen them deliver constantly at the height of basketball.

We could go on & on all day about what AI or T-mac would have did if they had player x,y,z or how they would've performed in a certain situation, but at the end of the day it's speculation vs proof. There's def luck that plays into it & team situations but that's just a part of life.
I simply view it as Kobe was fortunate enough to be in a better situation AND he delivered.

I give props to Kobe for doing what he was supposed to do

vs.

Taking away from Iverson for NOT winning a ring.

In short, my claim is this.
Winning a ring should be view as a positive.
NOT winning a ring shouldn't be viewed as a negative.

and there it is

200.gif

............ they were considered a poor shooting team when Jimmy was there... they added a guy who made 6 more threes for the year, and lost one of the best 3pt shooters of all time...

So yea WHERE IS THEIR SHOOTING COMING FROM?

Josh Richardson shot almost 7 threes per game last year and is a career 37% three point shooter. He’s also 10 years younger, can actually dribble a basketball and create off the dribble, 1000000x more athletic and he’s one of the best perimeter defenders in the league unlike JJ who teams continually took advantage of.

The argument wasn't whether or not they were put in GOAT conversations though.

The convo is about how people's CAREERS are discredited for not acquiring a ring. Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Stockton have all had their careers looked at funny because they weren't PART of championship TEAMS.
I must have missed that page because I thought folks were trying to decide whether it was the fans/media fault's for the superteam era we are now in or the players and this superteam phase didn't really pop off til 2010.

Josh Richardson shot almost 7 threes per game last year and is a career 37% three point shooter. He’s also 10 years younger, can actually dribble a basketball and create off the dribble, 1000000x more athletic and he’s one of the best perimeter defenders in the league unlike JJ who teams continually took advantage of.

Josh Richardson is sooo good. Great pickup for the Sixers :pimp:

and that's great for him, the overall question was more about the team shooting as a whole, it was considered an issue last year (especially off the bench) and as of right now the same issue remains. nothing more nothing less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom