**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With 1:10 left in the game Saturday night, the Golden State Warriors were down just one point, 109-108, to the Dallas Mavericks following a Luka Doncic floater. Warriors fans — and the Warriors themselves — had to feel confident, this is the kind of game they close out and win. The Warriors have done it for years. Sure Stephen Curry and Draymond Green were out, but is where the Warriors other big stars hit big shots.

Not on Saturday night:

Kevin Durant missed a running hook shot from 7 feet.

• Durant missed an 11-foot fadeaway jumper.

Klay Thompson missed a clean-look 16-foot baseline jumper.

• Down 3 with :04 seconds left, Durant intentionally misses a free throw, Jonas Jerebkogets the offensive rebound, then goes up with an 11-foot two-pointer that does the team no good.

It wasn’t just the final minute. In the fourth quarter, Durant was 1-of-7 shooting, missed his last four shots, and was a -7.

In case yall forgot who KD was before gsw..

speaking of Luka, how would a prime toni kukoc fare in today’s league? better than doncic ya think?

200w.gif

Just listened to some draft pods, some from a month ago. They stay mentioning Kevin Porter... @P C H seems like you picked a good one to hitch your wagon to. I'll be watching SC this year for sure

Hoping for a Duke Gonzaga matchup in Hawaii this week. Rui vs Duke guys would be fun

Langford plays today and will play Duke at the end of the month

Waiting for more info on Sekou, specifically his birth certificate

The waiter.
Kukoc was dirk before dirk existed.
He was a solid 3 with the size of a 4-5. Like most euros he had a solid jumper and no defense, but he was also a great facilitator and above average passer.
The Bulls made Toni put on a lot of weight instead of letting him just play his game, again this was during a time when the league was more physical.

speaking of Luka, how would a prime toni kukoc fare in today’s league? better than doncic ya think?

200w.gif

Kukoc was a nice player and all, but he was never an All-Star and never made an All-NBA team. He was second team All-Rookie and he won a 6th Man award playing on one of the best teams of all time. Doncic has started his career averaging more points, rebounds and assists than almost every season Kukoc had. He's also a better shooter. He's on track to be rookie of the year. Factor in Doncic being 18 (Kukoc entered the NBA at age 25), and everything points to Doncic being better in every aspect.

^
Kukoc was a 6’11 SF/PF
Dirk is 7 footer PF

Both played on the perimeter and were excellent marksmen. I’d say they compare rather similarly. Aside from all the NBA accomplishments, games were similar. Kukoc didn’t get a chance to start at all until PIp and MJ we’re gone. Even then it was harder for finesse players to shine in an era were Braun and muscle were more prevelant from your 4’s and 5’s.

Here’s some of Kukoc accomplishments
In today’s game Kukoc would destroy.

DAFEF2E7-9125-40C2-A8B0-263F67C81876.jpeg

Maybe he just means the best Euro player in the NBA pre-dirk? Because, yeah, Dirk and Toni’s games are almost nothing alike.

Was hoping that's what he meant until I saw what he wrote a few posts up. He's serious :lol:

*excellent marksman? :lol: Wut? Bulls didn't let him shoot like that ...

Maybe he just means the best Euro player in the NBA pre-dirk? Because, yeah, Dirk and Toni’s games are almost nothing alike.

Yes. Pre Dirk you only had Detlef, Petrovic, Kukoc and Raja. When asked how he would fare In today’s games given today’s rules and lack of physical play I have no doubt Kukoc would be up there.

Kukoc was a 33.5% career three-point shooter. That doesn't come close to even ranking in the top 250 three-point shooters of all time.

Yet he’s still on the Bulls top 10 for 3pt made, despite only playing 6 seasons here.

Was hoping that's what he meant until I saw what he wrote a few posts up. He's serious :lol:

*excellent marksman? :lol: Wut? Bulls didn't let him shoot like that ...

Hence the part where I said the Bulls forced Kukoc to gain weight to play a position he wasn’t built for. Kukoc didn’t get the free reigns to just pull up and shoot. He played contained. He wasn’t built to bang with those big bodies in the 90’s and the strech 4 wasn’t a thing back then.

If my math is correct, he averaged less than 1 3pointer MADE per game in his bulls career...not a high bar, and not really a stat to tout about him being top-10 or whatever he is all-time 3pointers made for the Bulls.

No she not bout to let him hit in them dusty *** Shox.

Jidenna still posting her on his ig tho

Last edited:
Yes. Pre Dirk you only had Detlef, Petrovic, Kukoc and Raja. When asked how he would fare In today’s games given today’s rules and lack of physical play I have no doubt Kukoc would be up there.

Yet he’s still on the Bulls top 10 for 3pt made, despite only playing 6 seasons here.

Made threes doesn't reflect how good they were at it. MJ was a lousy-to-mediocre three-point shooter for most of his career. His best three-point shooting seasons were the years the line was shortened, too. Pippen was even worse.

1. Kirk Hinrich 1049
2. Ben Gordon 770
3. Scottie Pippen* 664
4. Michael Jordan* 555
5. Nikola Mirotic 432
6. Steve Kerr 430
7. Andres Nocioni 403
8. Luol Deng 387
9. Toni Kukoc 351
10. Derrick Rose 350

Status
Not open for further replies.