**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's even worse in the Bay area. The cost of living is so high and affordable housing is so hard to find that you'll see people who have jobs, in soem cases, full-time jobs who are homeless. Homeless doesn't always mean I don't have a job, sometimes it means I just can't afford a place to live.

this is horrible. i remember reading just last year the silicone valley and some other places are the only places in the united states where the average yearly salary is now under the cost of living. thats crazy. having a good job wont cut it anymore, u gotta have a great job.

btw, u in ATL? i just moved here in february out in stone mountain, u trying to hit some games next season?

The thing is, if you're insisting on having a big award show this is the perfect time to do it. The NBA doesn't want to draw attention from any of their marquee events (NBA Finals, Draft or the start of free agency) so June 24th is the perfect date because it's smack in the middle of all those things.

I just think the NBA should go back to the old way they were doing it. The season ended two and a half months ago, a lot of people have practically forgotten what happened in the regular season, why are we giving out awards at the end of June?

All this. Then you add in the fact that award shows are inherently lame and it’s a no-brainer. Go back to the old way. The MVP should get the trophy handed to him in an arena full of fans; not an auditorium.

Was having Pizza in Artichoke In NYC . Couple mins in this overweight homeless person pulls up rocking brand new Air max 720’s asking for change. Cashier offers him sausage pizza guy complains asking for pepperoni instead and asks for a coke as well.

This beggar was choosy af
I've seen someone begging in brand new Js and I have a pic on my phone of someone begging in yeezy 2s. I aint got yeezy 2s. ***** should be giving me money.

[QUOTE="@MVP, here my FA predictions.

Kawhi - Raptors
KD - Nets
Kyrie - Nets
Klay - Dubs
Kemba - Hornets
Jimmy Buckets - 76er
D'Lo - Lakers
Tobias Harris - Mavs
Middleton - Bucks
Horford - Mavs
Boogie - Dubs
Vooch - Celtics
Brogdon - Bulls
Randle - Pelicans
[/QUOTE]

Great point. Especially the part about Jordan protecting his image. I've read and heard so many stories about him being hyper focused on maintaining a good relationship with the media and caring a lot about what people think of him and how they perceive him.

His great relationship with the media (and never being really outspoken on social issues) allowed the media to protect him throughout his gambling and personal issues. Also, he was fortunate to play in an era before social media and smartphones.
He could not be human in order to reach the top. That ish' is stressful as hell. It is one of the reasons for high blood pressure, drug addiction, overall bad health in the Black community. In order to reach the top in white corporate america, especially when Jordan was doing his thing, you sacrificed your humanity. You can't be too Black, but Jordan did open the door for Iverson to be comfortable in his own thing, even though the NBA still looked down upon him.

Doesn't sound like it's worth it to live in the bay area. And yea I've been.

I lived in the Bay area for over 3 years when I was in the military (I just got out). It really isn't incredible area, there's so much to do, alot of natural beauty and the weather is awesome. That being said, it's insanely expensive. I lived in Concord which is about 30 minutes away from Oakland and an hour away from San Francisco and silicon Valley and I was still paying $3k a month to rent a 3br/2ba house.

I was fortunate because the military gave me enough money to live comfortably in the Bay area and a lot of the tech jobs throw money at employees. The issue is that it's impossible for the regular service employees to live. If a studio apartment in the city is going for $3k, how is waiter, barista or cashier who works in the area supposed to live?

Last edited:
Minimum wage isn't getting you ****. Folks making a lot more than that and still living paycheck to paycheck.
:lol: Dude I work my job and my wife stays home with our little guy... We live comfortable enough but there's definitely months where things get tight.

And I'm blessed to have a job that pays me well and affords me a ton of flexibility with our son and my wife's health issues when things bubble up.

Guys acting like being homeless is just a matter of "you're an ******* and burned too many bridges" is just too damn naive.

Homeless is 90% drug and mental health issues. There are some functioning homeless in Houston that will cut your grass for 20 bucks and wash your car for 10

Not every homeless person comes from a similar situation, so it’s unfair to group them all. From the ones I’ve encountered here in NYC, a lot of them don’t want to help themselves. People in general, homeless or not, find it hard to help themselves. Depression, addiction, loneliness, psychosis, all play into that.

Also, as a veteran the percentage of homeless vets is astronomical. A lot of these guys have served their country and due to PTSD, injury and other issues (like an awful VA system) they are unable to work and have mental issues.

It's hilarious that people think that being homeless is automatically some sort of moral failing or pure laziness

C’mon they own the NBA team.

Owner of the Chicago Bulls basketball team. Is not offensive thats a bit too much.

Bruh.........

This is the most 2019 **** I’ve ever heard.

Dude is going to have the term shooting guard outlawed soon because he thinks it’s too threatening.

3E6E45E6-E9E7-40C0-9678-85A76E85BB1D.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom