Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

True. With the NTC I guess we did good. Solid scouting on our part though, still think we got lucky with Mitchell falling that much in the draft.

Not a fan of this Jabari trade if true. Can’t have a player fighting for a contract, taking minutes away from Knox, plus chucking away at Hardaway levels. Terrible for the tank.

i really thought the Melo trade would work for everyone involved. we obviously were able to flip him for a modest return, even if it only ends up being Mitch. i thought he'd have a real chance to compete for a chip in OKC, but i guess it just didnt work out. i still think Houston is using him a scapegoat. also, i think he'd still be with OKC, had his contract not been so bad.

i really thought the Melo trade would work for everyone involved. we obviously were able to flip him for a modest return, even if it only ends up being Mitch. i thought he'd have a real chance to compete for a chip in OKC, but i guess it just didnt work out. i still think Houston is using him a scapegoat. also, i think he'd still be with OKC, had his contract not been so bad.

Nah his offense became horribly bad and his defense was worse than harden. I was watching a lot of their games because i was a fan of his and was hoping they’d challenge the warriors. We got rid of melo at the perfect time.

Decent game from Frank today, all things considered.

Tough to finish over/around Embiid but him having the confidence to take most of his shots at the rim is encouraging.

- We won the Melo trade simply by getting Mitch, imo. We could've got a better return had we trade Kanter last offseason.
- We're tied for 2nd pick with 1.5gb for 1st. Lottery is trickier this year so who knows.

- Mitch - KP - Knox - RJ - Rozier would be something.

Last edited:
We're currently bottom 3 so even odds for the 1st pick. I don't want the worst record :lol:.

Yesterday's game was perfect. Knox goes off, we were competitive and maintained course on the road to Zion.

i don't know why Noah's name is still floating around this thread when we can't trade his stretched contracted. the only way we save on his contract is when he signs a new deal, because it off-sets some of what we owe him. its possible that we can be totally free of his contract if he signs a big enough deal.
if you're referring to me, I mean Noah V.

80400E51-654C-4B6B-B7FB-CE824189079D.jpeg

Kyrie
Frank
Knox
Zion
KP

We need Zion man. That’s almost the perfect balance of defense and offense.

On the other side, I hope the front office has a plan when we don’t sign a big FA and don’t land a top 3 pick.

Could Kornet be a part of the future as well? Minutes will open up with Kanter completely off the roster. I've liked the small sample I've seen thus far.

Could Kornet be a part of the future as well? Minutes will open up with Kanter completely off the roster. I've liked the small sample I've seen thus far.

Yea, hes kind of skilled imo and could be a good backup stretch big. He's only 23 too, so he can fit into the future if it plays out right i believe.
Before season started he was part of the "Fiz Kids"

And if Mitch ever lives up to his potential, gets stronger and can stay on the court, I'd like to see a lineup of:

Kyrie?
Knox
Zion
KP
Mitch

Or

pg
Klay
Knox
Zion
KP

Didn't know he was so young. Definitely should be given an opportunity to be the backup big.

Back
Top Bottom