Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

I hope DSJR lands in PHX so they could start winning a few more games to make sure we're solidified in the top 3.

he's on a rookie deal, so its a drop in the bucket. if we somehow move Lee or THJR for him, we're still + on the cap side. i'd rather pay DSJR the rest of his rookie contract for the next 2 years than resign Mudiay for even more money this off-season.
Think we can do way better @ the pg spot than a rookie one team has no use for.

Lee and Frank for DSJR and Wes Matthews. its a win for everyone. we get a dynamic PG that contributes more than Frank, Frank goes to a team where he doesn't have to be a ball handler/facilitator, Lee can play for a team contending for a playoff spot, and we get Wes Matthew's expiring contract. even if we let DSJR go in two years or he ends up being no more than a backup with a couple nice dunks every game, he's still an improvement over Frank at this point.

Doncic really did push him out though.
:lol: @ win win for everybody. Pros for the Knicks, pros for the players going to the Mavs...

Why would the Mavs want Frank and Lee again? :lol:

Hypothetically, DSJR wouldn’t be our PG of the future anyway, assuming we draft Ja or sign Kyrie/Kemba.

Shiiiiii idk, but they seem to wanna get rid of the kid and they were high on Frank. Lee for Matthews is probably a lateral move for them, so I’d even throw in a future 2nd rounder just to get rid of Lee’s deal or swap for THJR.

Parting with Frank, Lee, and Tim allows you to secure a second Max cat. You gotta do it

Send Tim, Frank, and a 2nd to Dallas

And exercise whatever tentative deal we allegedly already have in place to move Lee for cap space.

You make those moves you can legit sign 2 out of the Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, or Klay combo.

2 of those guys plus KP and our top 3 pick is a scary sight.

And what if we create the space but go 0/4 on those signings?
Don't blow your load on middle tier players by signing them to long term expensive deals.

Preserve your space with small signings no longer than 2 years.

Continue to draft well and develop and eventually a big fish will come.

If Knicks don't land a superstar this year they should make it a point of emphasis to be a player in the FA market every year going forward.

Last edited:
And what if we create the space but go 0/4 on those signings?
Of we go 0/4 then we continue moving forward.

Losing Kanter, THJr, Lee and possibly Frank to clear cap space ain't the end of the world. We arent winning with them anyways.

Knicks would go on about their business, draft a top 3 and you'll have Mitch/KP/Knox and Ja or Zion or RJ. I'm sure we can put a better squat with good short term signings.

I still don’t see the point in moving frank. I don’t think he’ll ever live up to the potential of the pick we made him to be but he can be serviceable.

Lee and Tim, yea move them if we can as they do nothing for us. But I mean yea we would need to move a young prospect to create the space.

I still don’t see the point in moving frank. I don’t think he’ll ever live up to the potential of the pick we made him to be but he can be serviceable.

Lee and Tim, yea move them if we can as they do nothing for us. But I mean yea we would need to move a young prospect to create the space.

You move Frank because he isn't **** and his "potential" will be probably be the kicker for a team to take on Hardaway's contract while giving us an expiring.

Don't know why this is so hard to understand.

You move Frank because he isn't **** and his "potential" will be probably be the kicker for a team to take on Hardaway's contract while giving us an expiring.

Don't know why this is so hard to understand.
The logic seems faulty that "potential" would have to be substantial to get rid Tim and if that was the case you would keep frank. Why would a team take 2 negative assets?

Get him outta here now while he's still an interesting young prospect and not a certified bench warming bust.

If we can use him to get pieces that better fit our needs and long term plans then do it...if nothings available, then i agree...no need to force a trade.

But as it is he's shaping up to a very mediocre bench piece for us. He's only really useful for like 6 minutes of solid defense a game, before his offensive deficiency and bad fouls become a net negative.

Last edited:
Real talk though, I haven’t paid too much attention to the Mavs this year outside of Luka

Has DSJr. been THAT bad or what’s the deal?

Seems like the Mavs don’t even wanna attempt to incorporate him into the future of the team anymore. Not even as a bench piece?

Wild to me that one player can come in and single handedly push out another in his 2nd year

Nah, he's actually been pretty good just inconsistent and his jumper needs tweaking.

Showed that he can be a good defender, contribute when he's not scoring and has had several clutch, game winning performances.

It's just that Luka is looking like the best rookie since MJ and they want him running point with the ball in his hands, where he looks most effective. I can see Luka averaging 10 assists easy. DS Jr is still learning to play the position on the fly, while Luka already has Championship level experience at PG plus his size causes mad mismatches.

Mark Cuban clearly wants to rebuild the team around him.

Supposedly he has issue with Carlisle and his role now with Luka in the fold, I am sure that game a recently where he tried to make the game winner and didn't pass it to Luka probably was the last straw for the team.

This is exactly why I'm hesitant on trading assets now. You could always make trades in June/July if there's a need to create cap space.

it depends on what you consider an "asset". i don't see Lee being an asset. matter of fact, THJR is a fringe asset. he'll be a good player off the bench in a sixth man role, but he's getting paid too much. Frank's value might drop even more if he doesn't improve at all over the rest of the season. i say trade him now, while teams are still interested.

Well, if we clear cap space and strike out on FA then we'll still have a lot of cap space to work with moving forward, we shouldn't throw all the hope on this summer like we usually do. Having cap space is always beneficial, trades can happen anytime, players can force their way anytime

When's the last time a top FA signed with a lottery team in his prime? Knicks draft Zion and get out of the cellar you can probably have a good chance at signing a legit star.

Back
Top Bottom