Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

1BCC6765-5484-4539-A833-DB594EDFB941.jpeg

You may have a point. No one wanted to play with Melo? I don't know man. Prime or decline. Phil made stupid moves that kept putting us back further. I mean, he traded expiring contract in Chandler for Calderon who had 2 or 3 years left on the contract and 2 2nd round picks. He gave JR Smith and Shumpert away. He acquired Lance Thomas then waived him then signed him to a 10-day contract twice then gave him a guaranteed contract then a long term contact. Wasted long term contracts on Robin Lopez, Noah, Lance Thomas

Bruh

In 2009-2010 season. Walsh gave up two first round picks (one of these picks was swap right) to just dump salaries in Jordan Hill and Jeffries for expiring contract in T-Mac. We had no first round pick that year. I believe Jazz used our pick to draft Gordon Hayward. No one saw Miami's big three coming. We had no future trade chips. We let 2010 all-star David Lee go without receiving anything. We had only cap room. That's it

This season, we traded all-star KP, two large non expiring contracts and a player we picked up from G-League for DSJr who is still on a rookie contract until the summer of 2021, expiring contacts and two future 1st round picks. We will have $74 mill in cap along with former lottery picks; Knox, Ntilikina, DSJr plus Trier, Robinson. We have the right to Mudiay. We still have our own pick this year even though NBA lottery has been reformed. We have 6 1st round picks in the next four years

It's all good if stars are not coming to us this summer. I just like the path Knicks are in now. Our flexible path has become wider
I agree with this but The same path we’ve been on for how long now? This path goes nowhere.
None of those draft picks are guaranteed to turn into anything

I agree with this but The same path we’ve been on for how long now? This path goes nowhere.
None of those draft picks are guaranteed to turn into anything

Totally understandable

To me, draft picks is not about drafting. It's more than that. First round picks are value high in the league. Instead of giving up our own picks, we can always trade other teams' picks for something we like. Who knows these picks hit lottery? We only can find out in the future

Let's say if the player we acquired by using another team's pick didn't work out for us. No problem. We still have our own picks. Or if we didn't win the lottery this year and still wanted Zion, Morant or RJ, we add a future 1st round pick from another team to get one of them. Mavs had to give up their own picks to acquire Luka. There's no guarantee that Luka will stay healthy, right? They will have no backup plans. Luka and KP become injury prone. Then what happens? They have barely assets. That's what Mavericks fans are afraid of. We had been there in that kind of situation. No future backup plan. It's better safe to have worth pieces that keep us going forward than empty. That's where I am more comfortable with now.

This is weird because other reports are saying they looked at trading him last year and earlier.

I don't know, I just know he wanted out and we got 1's for him and dumped bad contracts. What would we get for him next year? I think less.

The Kyrie deal before the deadline definitely crossed my mind.

Don’t like it, but I could see it if there’s truth to all the quotes and rumors.

Again though, don’t want to do it that way. Wait for free agency.

Back
Top Bottom