Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Your telling me we had to either Max kp out or trade him away by yesterday?

Nope. But he wanted out. Other players are watching how the organization handles player dealings. I just think that granting his wish as well as setting yourself up for the future is a good move. Players see that the FO didn’t try to ridicule him or disrespect him, or even hold him hostage, they simply granted his wish and moved on. That’s competence to me.

85FD2A21-9ADE-48DC-B7F9-E590A1DF12F7.jpeg
:rofl:

Here we go again.:lol::sick:

Bill Simmons panicking.:lol:

I said this before, many times, dudes want to come to NYC!!! The problem was, Knicks never had anything worthwhile. Now they do, money, picks and youth that are probably solid players.

I disagree. I think free agents actually like the personnel (Fiz) and front office (Scott Perry). Combine that with the potential of cementing your legacy forever while playing with someone of your choice are the main attractions.

Dont think Kyrie, KD, AD, Kawhi etc care about DSJ, Knox, Mitch, picks.

There’s a lot of “in theory” with both these guys sadly. I wonder if Frank is going to be getting more PT shortly? Have to think DSJ is the immediate starter.
I imagine the Knicks ain't done trading with Kanter ***** *** still here. Could package him with Mudiay and/or Thomas, Noah contract, etc.

This is the same situation we were in in 2010.

Don't get your hopes up. No one even gave us a second thought then.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us making a killing in free agency.

I'm warming up to the deal the longer I consider KP is 7'3, slim, and coming off an ACL injury with his style of play. We don't really know how he returns. Him taking the QP makes me think he's confident in coming back, but his brother is the type to have him delusional in what's coming back after that QO year.

The only reason I can see KD leaving is wanting a new challenge and his own team. By the end of this year he will have 3 rings and did a 3 peat what else is there to accomplish? He can get the max contract, his own team and play in the mecca every home game… im not saying KD is definitely coming here but if he leaves golden state I cant see him going to any other team but the Knicks…Also forgot to add he wont have that burden of carrying a team by himself since theres a second max spot hopefully its kyrie…

Hate to say it but.....Phil Jackson was right. About everything.

The way he went about things was kinda wild but his concepts and ideas were correct.
I been saying this over and over and people just revert to **** him and he ****** us.

1st. Dude never wanted Melo, I think he caved and gave him a contract.

2nd. Dude wanted DLo and the way Dlo has been playing this year, dude is legit.

3rd. Both Rose and Noah couldn't handle NYC, they are thriving though. (Only bad move here.

4th. He wanted to trade KP, he saw it coming, but KP did him in.

The only bad thing he did was trying to implement a triangle via inexperience coaches which led to the Draft pick FN. But I'm sure he could of have implemented that triangle, I wouldnt be shocked if FN could of have ran it.

But **** it.

I'm loving the way we going. After digesting the news, I think we are in prime position.

I disagree. I think free agents actually like the personnel (Fiz) and front office (Scott Perry). Combine that with the potential of cementing your legacy forever while playing with someone of your choice are the main attractions.

Dont think Kyrie, KD, AD, Kawhi etc care about DSJ, Knox, Mitch, picks.
What do you disagree???? Basically what I said, forgot to mention that if they win, it be big.

But we have stuff in place to help those players succeed vices not having.

In 2010, we only had room for one max slot. Whoever agreed to come was coming alone.

This summer we have room for two. Much easier to sell say Durant on bringing Kyrie with him than coming here by himself.

Question, do we HAVE to use the money? If we go 0/2 or 1/2.

Can the money be carried over to 2020 or used for a trade?

Back
Top Bottom