Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Is anyone part of the KNICKS CLICK! group on FB? You have to hear some of the dumb **** they say on there.

Kanter was complaining about not playing. DJ came in, got Mitch smacked and Mitch balled out.

New York has told DJ that they will consider keeping him past this season by offering him their $5M room exception if their $70M+ in cap space is all used up as planned.

Wtf? Dj would accept $5M exception? Then hell yeah we should keep him. That's actually what we should do. Hypothetically draft pick and two max, re-sign Vonleh & Kornet cause all the other young guys already signed. Then give Dj th $5M exception

Yoooooo Durant’s interview after the game tonight. He was snappin on the reporters. He said “ I don’t have anything to do with the Knicks, I don’t know who traded Porzingis stop asking me” and a few other things were said and then he walked out.

46E6C83D-719A-4FE3-8821-EA4598467E40.png
Even Shump has more class than Porzingbitch

I have nothing against Knox. I like his potential despite his ****ups pissing me off and are wild annoying.

But why settle for future KD lite when we can have KD in his prime?
Because it's not an either/or situation. We could have both very easily. That means you could have sustainable sucess for a decade plus if you play these cards right.

kevin durant telling people to "grow up" is not a good look. just adding fuel to the fire with those comments
he got a point about reporters being in everyone's face and sowing chaos, especially around this time, but that comes with the territory. that's what they've always done and will continue to do

:rofl:

I get it. The media been wildin' lately with all the stories of what's going on inside Durant's head. That has to eat at you. The way the Knick deal went down and the discussion immediately became 'KD must be 1000% going to NY' it was a bit much.

I don't have a clue what's going to happen, but I hope the way the media is handling this doesn't push him away from signing here. Then again, with the way he handles the media, I dunno how he deals with the thirstbucket reporters in NY.

I still think our chances of signing KD is hovering somewhere between 0 - (-20)%

I just don't see any realistic reason to do it.

Leave one of the 5 greatest teams in NBA history, where you can win like 6 straight rings, the most progressive front office in sports, where you're surrounded by stars so the spotlight isn't on you, in a place with the best weather in America....to come to one of the worst run franchises in professional sports, who just chewed up and spit out one of your home town idols in Melo, coming off their worst season ever, where their young franchise player just demanded a trade due to toxicity, with the most rabid and unforgiving fans and media in the sport world where all eyes will be on you and you have to start over from scratch at this late point in your career...

Don't let the media gas you up to tear you down, like they do every year guys. Selling NY sports fan false hope and then profiting off their pain and outrage is big business.

Last edited:
I still think our chances of signing KD is hovering somewhere between 0 - -20%

I just don't see any realistic reason to do it.

Leave one of the 5 greatest teams in NBA history, where you can win like 6 straight rings, the most progressive front office in sports, where you're surrounded by stars so the spotlight isn't on you, in a place with the best weather in America....to come to one of the worst run franchises in professional sports, who just chewed up and spit out one of your home town idols in Melo, coming off their worst season ever, where their young franchise player just demanded a trade due to toxicity, with the most rabid and unforgiving fans and media in the sport world where all eyes will be on you....

Don't let the media gas you up to tear you down, like they do every year guys. Selling NY sports fan false hope and then profiting off their pain and outrage is big business.
But if you win.......

But if you win.......

If you win, what?

You get another ring? Which he already has 2/3 of? Which he would get if he stayed in GS anyway?

Why would the adoration of NY sports fans matter to anyone other than NY sports fans?

You don't think he'll be an all time legend surpassing Kobe, Jordan & Shaq's 3 peats and bringing 4/5 straight titles to GS?

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just hate to see y'all drinking the spiked Kool Aid yet again.

Last edited:
If you win, what?

You get another ring? Which he already has 2/3 of? Which he would get if he stayed in GS anyway?

Why would the adoration of NY sports fans matter to anyone other than NY sports fans?

You don't think he'll be an all time legend if he brings 4/5 straight titles to GS?

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just hate to see y'all drinking the spiked Kool Aid yet again.
You're right, winning in NYC means nothing ...

Just like winning in LA or Boston. It means absolutely nothing.

Back
Top Bottom