Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Also every ring he wins in GS, he will have 1 less than the rest of those guys, similar to LeBron in Mia having 1 less than wade. I not saying he is coming to the Knicks but him trying to go somewhere else to get more rings to prove he can do it without joining an already historic team may be reason enough after getting a 3 peat.

^ i agree with you 100%... Im not getting hyped until KD and Kyrie is at the press conference holding the Knicks jersey up… so for now I wont get too hyped about it until july comes and theres that possibility… but ill have closure once either of them resign with their old team or sign here…I see him linked to NY because they got 2 max spots and Kyrie could come here so he wont be here alone… Also an easier path to the chip if he wants to win another one… lets be real hes about to get his 3rd chip with GSW but those weren’t earned… GSW got a chip before he got there they even won 70 games they don’t need KD its just excessive with him there so its easy wins…he knows he took the easy way out and some people think his chips have an asterisk… also he will always be second fiddle to curry on GSW but here this would be his team… not saying its going to happen but theres a possibility it will

It means absolutely nothing to anyone outside of NY, LA or Boston.

As a Thunder, Pelicans, Spurs or Blazers fan, why would I give a flying **** that Kyrie won in Boston with a superteam? Makes zero sense. Boston media will hype him up of course but other than that who cares? Him helping bring Cleveland their first title is what solidified his greatness. Absolutely no one outside of Boston cares about the Celtics winning another ring, even less so with the Knicks. Paul Pierce is one of the best Celtics ever and he helped bring them a ring relatively recently, still he gets slighted and belittled at every turn. No one gives a **** :lol: LA is slightly different because of the Hollywood factor and their recent dynasties, still fresh in sports fans minds.

But bringing a title to a small market team, that has never had success, means much more these days than winning in NY. Paul George turned down LA for OKC

Last edited:
Linsanity is a perfect example to counter your argument that team was going no where during that time and it was probably the biggest story in the NBA while it was going on, if you believe that it would have got the same attention elsewhere then ask the BK nets who is paying attention to there run just this year. The Knicks are trash but winning here does matter.

It means absolutely nothing to anyone outside of NY, LA or Boston.

As a Thunder, Pelicans, Spurs or Blazers fan, why would I give a flying **** that Kyrie won in Boston with a superteam? Makes zero sense. Boston media will hype him up of course but other than that who cares? Him helping bring Cleveland their first title is what solidified his greatness. Absolutely no one outside of Boston cares about the Celtics winning another ring, even less so with the Knicks. Paul Pierce is one of the best Celtics ever and he helped bring them a ring relatively recently, still he gets slighted and belittled at every turn. No one gives a **** :lol: LA is slightly different because of the Hollywood factor and their recent dynasties, still fresh in sports fans minds.

But bringing a title to a small market team, that has never had success, means much more these days than winning in NY. Paul George turned down LA for OKC
Oklahoma population 3.9m vices NYC 8.9m not to mention these places are a melting pot of culturally diverse people. I can go on, but why bother.

Let's not forget foreign countries that all eyes are on the markets I just mentioned. It goes way beyond sports .....

Theres a reason why these markets always have an extra ordinary profitability.

But hey, is cool.

It doesn't mean more, the sports media just has a louder shouting board here. Which is a double edged sword.

That Linsanity stuff also caused a rift in the locker room because of the media and got darts thrown at Melo, eventhough he did nothing wrong.

We haven't even won in NY in decades so where is this precedent of winning here being more meaningful even coming from?

Getting NY sports fans engaged sells millions of newspapers, gets you more adclicks and better TV ratings because our market is so huge but it doesn't mean more to anyone other than us.

If it meant so much, we wouldn't have struck out with every big name free agent in our lifetime.

It doesn't mean more, the sports media just has a louder shouting board here. Which is a double edged sword.

That Linsanity stuff also caused a rift in the locker room because of the media and got darts thrown at Melo, eventhough he did nothing wrong.

We haven't even won in NY in decades so where is this precedent of winning here being more meaningful even coming from?

Getting NY sports fans engaged sells millions of newspapers, gets you more adclicks and better TV ratings because our market is so huge but it doesn't mean more to anyone other than us.

If it meant so much, we wouldn't have struck out with every big name free agent in our lifetime.
When you have a population of 8.9m

And countless millions that leave NYC to go elsewhere ...

It means more.

Like if you have 100 friends from NYC that like X and you have 49 friends one each in other states that don't give a **** about NYC or X, what means more?

dumb argument .....

And again, **** goes beyond sport, its branding and image....

Same with Holywood Lakers.

Last edited:
you dont get it nevermind lol... no point in trying to explain things... just wait until July to see what happens

Show me the proof? If winning in NY is so important....how come we haven't signed a single premiere free agent in our lifetimes?

How come we have to settle for grossly overpaying Alan Houston and getting broken down LJ's, Amare's and McDyess'

How come players aren't tripping over each other to get here?

Winning in NY means more to NEW YORKERS. That's it.

This is the internet age man. Westbrook is in the middle of nowhere and he's a superstar, Chinese flocked to watch Houston in droves when Yao went there,making him a global Megastar. Playing in NY has become more of a stumbling block than a selling point. it's just like Rap, we invented it and now NY rappers are struggling to even get a look. It's actually become harder to make it out of NY as a rapper than anywhere else. Same with sports.

Y'all gotta let go of that outdated mantra that was only ever true for a short period in like the 50's - 90's anyway.

Last edited:
Fairly simple. Big markets have a higher population, so 8.9 mil people will be impacted more than 4.9 mil people. Not to mention bigger markets reach further. Guarantee other countries love the Knicks or Lakers simply for the allure of the cities. Doubt you’ll find more Pelicans fans than Knicks fans in China.

Show me the proof? If winning in NY is so important....how come we haven't signed a single premiere free agent in our lifetimes?

How come we have to settle for grossly overpaying Alan Houston and getting broken down LJ's, Amare's and McDyess'

How come players aren't tripping over each other to get here?

Winning in NY means more to NEW YORKERS. That
SMh.

My dude if you can't answer that question, then I dont know what to tell you.

20% is good enough for me

tenor.gif

Fairly simple. Big markets have a higher population, so 8.9 mil people will be impacted more than 4.9 mil people. Not to mention bigger markets reach further. Guarantee other countries love the Knicks or Lakers simply for the allure of the cities. Doubt you’ll find more Pelicans fans than Knicks fans in China.

Yea but those 8.9 million people are NY'ers.

It's gonna matter more to us of course. But that obviously doesn't factor into the decision making of people outside of NY'ers.

Like why would a doctor in Cali leave a perfect situation to come to NY, so he can matter to 2 million more NY'ers.

As NY'ers we're in one big echo chamber / circle jerk. Telling each other what we want to hear, then getting disappointed and up in arms, that the rest of the world has a different perspective.

You’re missing the point. It is more important for the NBA and fans, not for the players. However, a player winning in NYC will be championed much more than Ben Wallace in Detroit or Timmy in SA because of the effect of the big market team and it’s reach.

I'm still waiting for the proof....all you have is a slogan and not a single example of playing in NY meaning so much that it attracts free agent here.

Not one single example.

Y'all get economics and impact misconstrued. If only a small percentage of NY sports fans tune into your NY related content you will get a significant financial boost...but that does not mean that your content is more significant or means more to anything other than your bottom line.

Y'all too old not to understand this game.

I do think a championship with the Knicks holds more weight than another one with the Warriors, all things considered.

I'm not sure a casual NBA fan in Texas or Arizona cares about either, though.

You’re missing the point. It is more important for the NBA and fans, not for the players. However, a player winning in NYC will be championed much more than Ben Wallace in Detroit or Timmy in SA because of the effect of the big market team and it’s reach.

Are the fans playing or are the players playing?

Timmy is a Top 10/15 player all time, has multiple rings is a legend in Texas and everywhere else. You think he could give a **** about playing in NY? Would his personality even mesh with NY? Would he have even won a single ring if he signed with our toxic franchise?

See what I mean, y'all trying to fit a big square peg into a small round hole, simply because it has a NY logo on it.

Timmy trounced us in the Finals with a big smile on his face....you think he was thinking "Damn I wish I was on the Knicks instead."

We're talking about attracting players here and there is absolutely no proof that winning in NY meaning so much to players, that it attracts free agents here.

Last edited:
Not even gonna bother dude. If you don’t get it, you don’t get it. It’s cool. The sky is purple.

Not even gonna bother dude. If you don’t get it, you don’t get it. It’s cool. The sky is purple.
I felt the same way ....

I mean, the Knicks have been terribly bad, havent signed a big FA for decades, the FO sucks, and yet they are still worth more than any other organization.

LoL

Yeah, they dont matter though. SMH

Durant needs a big personality to pair with. Someone to be the bad guy because he clearly ain’t built for the role :lol:

Ironically enough he had that with Russ

Back
Top Bottom