Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Frank with 5 points and 5 assists in THIRTY FIVE MINUTES

Starting to think he only does good with other people his age... Before getting drafted he only played well with and against people his own age.. So it's like "Hey, Tim's J is better than mine... let me pass the ball to him" .. "Hey, Kevin is more athletic than me.. let me pass the ball to him"

Not until he's in his mid-20s we'll probably see the aggression.. all fans want out of him

Frank will bring the ball up just to pass it to whoever is closest to him at the top of the key.

Son is trash man. So much ******* potential but he's a mental ******

Not one iota of killer instinct in his brain at all..

Been rooting the kid to be assertive and grab the PG position by the neck but he wants no parts of anything on the offensive end

It’s really hard to defend him at this point. All this talk in the offseason about him going to be more aggressive is BS. Dude is buns. Wasted pick. Bron was right...I’d rather have DSJR for 5 healthy seasons than watch Frank.

Frank needs to be put in the PnR. That’s his biggest strength, using screens to either create for himself or create for others. Fiz doesnt have him doing that, at all.

No you can’t just throw him out there for him to figure it out, that’s not who he is.

Frank, Baker and Pookie are absolutely awful on the offensive end. No amount of defense can make up for those 3 lack of scoring considering the minutes they get.

Frank is def a bust. No doubt. He'll be a role player at best... Should be coming off the bench. It's the fact that he was a top 10 picks that grinds my gears. I never saw the hype with him.

lmao chill can’t label him a bust just yet, atleast not for another year or 2 while playing with KP

KP isn’t gonna make him miraculously take 10 shots per game. Players that have no business taking shots take more than Frank. **** I’d jack 30 shots if they’d let me.

Frank is fine lol

As long as he can hit an open three that’s all you need from him, his future is taking pressure off guys like KP & Durant & Knox by guarding the other teams best perimeter player.

There’s only one ball on the court don’t need offensive superstars at every position but you do need every guy to play D.

Frank needs to be put in the PnR. That’s his biggest strength, using screens to either create for himself or create for others. Fiz doesnt have him doing that, at all.

No you can’t just throw him out there for him to figure it out, that’s not who he is.
Coaches fault he's not assertive and doesn't do anything besides hand the ball off ?

Knicks are running a freelance offense with anyone being able to call for a screen when they want it. Literally the complete opposite of what Hornacek was doing but the only thing that has stayed the same is Frank's innate ability to be the most non aggressive player in NBA history.

Pablo Prigioni had more offensive game then Frank

Coaches fault he's not assertive and doesn't do anything besides hand the ball off ?

Knicks are running a freelance offense with anyone being able to call for a screen when they want it. Literally the complete opposite of what Hornacek was doing but the only thing that has stayed the same is Frank's innate ability to be the most non aggressive player in NBA history.

Pablo Prigioni had more offensive game then Frank

I can count on one hand how many times he ran a PnR so far. His job seems to be to bring up the ball, pass, and move out the way. It’s annoying to watch.

I can count on one hand how many times he ran a PnR so far. His job seems to be to bring up the ball, pass, and move out the way. It’s annoying to watch.

It's actually not his job persay. He chooses to do so, everyone is allowed to initiate some type of action in the pick and roll when they have the ball. Fiz has already stated the defacto PG is the one who's bringing the ball up. They are out there calling their own number in the freelance and he chooses to not initiate at all. It's evident when you watch the game he's not confident in his handle at all and struggles with breaking the defense down.

An undrafted rookie off the bench has showed more command in the offense through three games than Frank and that's absolutely ridiculous and it's solely due to his confidence in his abilities

That’s what I’m saying though. Fiz’s offense is heavily iso based. Only reason we’ve been in these games is because someone catches fire and we just ride them. Lots of isolation scoring. That doesn’t benefit frank at all, since he can’t break anyone off the dribble.

He needs to be in the PnR, literally every time he has the ball there should be a screen set. That’s when he’s been at his best, even last year.

That’s what I’m saying though. Fiz’s offense is heavily iso based. Only reason we’ve been in these games is because someone catches fire and we just ride them. Lots of isolation scoring. That doesn’t benefit frank at all, since he can’t break anyone off the dribble.

He needs to be in the PnR, literally every time he has the ball there should be a screen set. That’s when he’s been at his best, even last year.

So you expect the coach to ensure a player who has absolutely zero offensive skills or awareness to be the focal point of the offense when he's on the floor ?

Frank is THE WORST offensive player on the floor regardless of what unit is in what your asking from the coaching staff and his teammates is utterly ridiculous

Maybe going down to the g league would be good for him so the whole Westchester Knicks coaching staff and team could put aside whatever goals and aspirations they have to develop him as a league average offensive player

He's arguably better than Lance :lol:

All I'm saying is if Fiz really wants to make the most of Frank, put him in the PnR. Not the "I'm gonna just put him out there and have him figure it out". That wont work, not with players who have zero scoring mentality.

He's arguably better than Lance :lol:

All I'm saying is if Fiz really wants to make the most of Frank, put him in the PnR. Not the "I'm gonna just put him out there and have him figure it out". That wont work, not with players who have zero scoring mentality.

Frank might be the worse player on the whole team. Yeah he’s plays good defense, but does absolutely nothing else.

Frank has a weird skillset.

He's a future 3 and D secondary ball handler who operates out of the PnR?

Back
Top Bottom