Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Some people mad about no leg kd and weirdo kyrie not coming over some are just frustrated and pissed at the organization. No matter what we do we fail b and there is no end in sight. glad you guys could be optimistic and I know we havinet mad the playoffs in forever and it would be an improvement but I don’t give a dam about no 8 seed. I want to win the division and be a legit threat to win a championship and not a laughing stock of team and brand and under Dolan that’s all we have ever been. Some positives with these small short term contracts but we’re still bleeding out.
It's gonna take a minute man. I accepted long ago that brand/culture/reputation rebuilding is going to take a long time and we'll take some L's, but I can still see the process and no quick, costly fixes thus far. I'd rather it take time than go back into old habits. When I can stop seeing that and they start bowing to fan pressure again and making rash decisions, then i'll worry. This is going to go the SEA/OKC or Philly route.

My man ain’t ever told a lie

Everyone acting like we dinked 2 free throws with the game on the line
Let the media tell it, KD was about the sign but the Knicks just didn't have a working pen so we lost him to Brooklyn.:lol:

Oh, and he never tore his ACL. Never mind that.:lol:

People just can't help but fall for the trap every year. My boy just told me all he has left to watch is baseball because basketball and football are dead to him.:rofl::smh:

4AA2E61B-7079-46EE-A087-D62EB3D355CE.jpeg

I thought we had thicker skin than this man, honestly.

Some Knicks fans are having meltdowns because we didn't sign a dude who tore his ACL weeks ago, and a point guard who doesn't have a great locker room reputation who would have been expected to lead a team full of young guys (same as Boston with less talent).

I'm glad I was realistic. I don't get how some people's perspective on KD and Kyrie didn't change after the injury. I'd take Kyrie with a healthy KD...expecting Kyrie to lead for a year and KD to return from an ACL injury the year after isn't as solid as some of y'all make it out to be.

Not a risk I would have been super happy about taking. Either way yesterday's result was going to be bittersweet.

Signing a bunch of players that don't fit a single need of our team...while letting Beverly, D. Lo, Reddick, Curry, Rivers etc settle elsewhere?
We don't need veterans and forwards?

Just because they aren't marquee players doesn't mean they don't fill a role or a need. We lost DJ, I imagine Taj will play the same mentor role.

The goal is clearly to let our youth mature and grow into roles, rather than signing players who won't be here long term that they have to adjust to. Don't expect a competitive team. I understand some people want to see the team compete for a playoff spot, but signing players who would help get us there would more than likely stunt the growth of some players. On top of that, I'm not even sure if we go after some of the role players you listed that we'd make the playoffs. Just might end up signing guys who take minutes away from our young players for no reason other than shooting for an 8th seed...and missing.

I've been wanting them to take the super slow approach of building through the draft over like a 5 year period without signing free agents since Isiah came through and crushed the buildings.

Signing a bunch of players that don't fit a single need of our team...while letting Beverly, D. Lo, Reddick, Curry, Rivers etc settle elsewhere?
What exactly are our team needs?

You gunning for an 8th seed? Are only priority now is developing our youth

Every player you mentioned is going to command heavy minutes and doesn’t fit our team any better than who signed not to mention they all got bigger money than we’ve spent or multiple years that we’re not looking to commit on

What about what has happened over the past 24 hours was self inflicted though? :rofl:

i'm saying man. this is not because of the front office management. they tried under the conditions that were given to them. harsh truth, but this owner has been a compete repellent to this team's even trying to get out from this abyss. little by little, but this **** is frustrating. i've gone from a teen to an adult still hoping this bus would get turned around

Back
Top Bottom