Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Nah, we don't. We need ball handlers, shot creators and floor spacers. We got none of the above. Our ball movement and 3 point shooting will once again suck.

It's not about Marquee names, it's about complementary pieces and developing a style of play and a roster that fits a coaching style. We did not move forward towards that goal imo.

These pick ups sucked and reeks of desperation signings. There are literally hundreds of "professional minded vets" thirsty for contracts. That doesn't mean theyre a good fit. I wasn't listening to the media spin before and I'm not listening to it now. I'm using my own common sense and basketball knowledge and I don't like The moves we've made this far.

Nah, we don't. We need ball handlers, shot creators and floor spacers. We got none of the above. Our ball movement and 3 point shooting will once again suck. It's not about Marquee names, it's about complementary pieces and developing a style of play and a roster that fits a coaching style. We did not move forward towards that goal imo. These pick ups sucked and reeks of desperation signings. There are literally hundreds of "professional minded vets" that doesn't mean theyre a good fit. I wasn't listening to the media spin before and I'm not listening to it now. I'm using my own common sense and basketball knowledge and I don't like what I see.!
Sounds to me like your specifically speaking on guards and the reality is we have 2 young PGs both with their own brand of potential that the FO hasn’t given up on yet and want to see how they develop before they hand out deals/minutes to proven players like the Curry’s or Beverlys

Makes no sense to sign players like that when we’re trying to develop young talent

Nah, we don't. We need ball handlers, shot creators and floor spacers. We got none of the above. Our ball movement and 3 point shooting will once again suck. It's not about Marquee names, it's about complementary pieces and developing a style of play and a roster that fits a coaching style. We did not move forward towards that goal imo. These pick ups sucked and reeks of desperation signings. There are literally hundreds of "professional minded vets" that doesn't mean theyre a good fit. I wasn't listening to the media spin before and I'm not listening to it now. I'm using my own common sense and basketball knowledge and I don't like what I see.!
Chicken or the egg.

Do you implement a system before you know what your roster does well and what roles guys fit into, or do you throw a system at them and hope that it helps them to grow?

I always felt like it's smarter to let players grow a bit and show who they are before you start placing them in roles within a system...especially when the goal isn't necessarily winning.

I imagine the staff is looking at our youth to handle the ball. I imagine Dennis Smith Jr and RJ will do a good portion of the ball handling early on. I'm curious to see if RJ is capable of running the offense.

For those of y’all from/living in Brooklyn.

Have you seen any friends that are switching sides? Are Nets fans now coming out of nowhere?

I’m legitimately curious how this is going over there.

pr0phecy718 pr0phecy718

Last edited:
Smh ya already talking ya self into this abysmal team and organization again. This is another reason why we suck fans just accepting mediocracy as good. We talkiking about a 8 seed in the east for crying out loud.then they call themselves “true fans” cause they accept trash year in year out.

Well there you go ball handler. Son cut that **** off the front of his head yet?
Yeah he did last year :lol:

gallery_2019_recap_payton_040419_01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom