Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hurd wasn’t even trying much until the late rounds where he eventually dropped him, it was a sparring session.

But I can’t say I’m a huge fan of the new fight style yet. Defensively he’s definitely more responsible but he looked slow offensively with not a ton of pop on his punches.

That’s not as much of a problem when you’re overwhelming the other guy with volume size & pressure, but when you’re trying to pick your spots and be a boxer puncher, I dunno man.

Gotta see how he progresses in the next couple fights though

I suspect Hurd is draining himself and I dont think he can hang with the killers at 160.

If I was managing either of them, I would wait a year or two. They can still fight lesser opponents to build up their notoriety. Joyce is older in his mid 30's, but doesn't have much wear and tear.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I'm glad this fight is finally officially signed for tho, will be the most boring buildup ever since they're the 2 worst talkers in HW but fight should be big with these 2 juggernauts. Whoever wins should fight a top 10 HW next. I guess Joyce's other option was to fight Hrgovic and Joyce's team went with Dubois hoping he's still too green at 22 yrs old

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I'm glad this fight is finally officially signed for tho, will be the most boring buildup ever since they're the 2 worst talkers in HW but fight should be big with these 2 juggernauts. Whoever wins should fight a top 10 HW next. I guess Joyce's other option was to fight Hrgovic and Joyce's team went with Dubois hoping he's still too green at 22 yrs old
I think Dubois is the real deal and will destroy him.

How high are you on Dubois? I think he's got a really good jab for his age and seems to have good power at HW, maybe more power than any HW besides Wilder's right hand or Whyte's left hook. And I guess Joyce is just super slow but you really think Dubois will make easy work of Joyce? 1 thing is Dubois hasn't been hit by a big puncher yet and although Joyce's punches are slow he is heavy handed

I think Dubois is the real deal and will destroy him.

How high are you on Dubois? I think he's got a really good jab for his age and seems to have good power at HW, maybe more power than any HW besides Wilder's right hand or Whyte's left hook. And I guess Joyce is just super slow but you really think Dubois will make easy work of Joyce? 1 thing is Dubois hasn't been hit by a big puncher yet and although Joyce's punches are slow he is heavy handed
I like that he is improving noticeably in every fight. He likes to get into hooking exchanges, where he can get caught. But so far his chin has held up.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I think Frank Warren sees this like you where he's confident Daniel Dubois will win. Even though both are signed with him Daniel Dubois is like his golden goose in Frank’s mind I believe he thinks he can build him up like AJ. I think he’s feeding Joyce to him

Looks like we will see Hrgovic vs Huck for the EBU belt since Joyce's team chose to go with Dubois

Hurd just needs to move to 160. Draining himself is what lost him the J Rock fight. He didn’t have that second gear that he showed against Tony and Lara.

I wouldn’t pick him against Charlo or Derev on that side of the street, but I don’t think he’d necessarily get blown out either.

:lol: they are going to give Eddie hell over there if he takes that fight to KSA.

Its the biggest fight in British Boxing history.

Back
Top Bottom