OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surprised he didn't make it out of this season... Figured it would have waited.

1572803931538.jpeg

Mood
:frown:

I think most people assumed it would take an absolute implosion to keep him from getting a 3rd year. About a week ago, a dude that posts on another site made some references to him getting canned if he didn’t run the table less UF to get to 7 wins. I guess they way we got our asses beat to Miami of all schools, they decided to cut bait.

We’ve been a mess for a while, but I feel really bad for Willie.

Last edited:

I don't think that he was going to get it going there, but firing the guy 1.5 years in is pretty crazy.

Last edited:
That’s how you fire a coach. Don’t **** around. Just do it and get out in front of candidates

what the **** are you waiting for USC?!?!

I don't think that he was going to get it going there, but during the guy 1.5 years in is pretty crazy.

Especially when there isn't an obvious homerun candidate out there for them.

Are FSU fans spreading the same fanfic about Urban on their boards too?

All this money, FSU damn near coulda just paid Jimbo.

Dummies.
Jimbo look

Had some FSU fans tell me today if you look at UF with Mullen that it’s clear it doesn’t take 3 years, with a worse roster. Also, that coaching matters. They’ve got a point.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne you think the Urban and USC stuff is fan fiction?

Jimbo look

Had some FSU fans tell me today if you look at UF with Mullen that it’s clear it doesn’t take 3 years, with a worse roster. Also, that coaching matters. They’ve got a point.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne you think the Urban and USC stuff is fan fiction?

After the John Harbaugh stuff you spammed the thread with, yes.

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong tho.

Willie had a good thing going at Oregon. I don't see him getting a big time coaching position for a long time after this.

Only the most delusional.
Taggart just isn't a good coach
Yea, but he was left a **** show and given 1.5 years to fix it. Boise State is probably the only L they have that's a bad one this season? What are you firing him for?

nako xl nako xl

Lets say for a minute that it is playing out the way the boards are saying, Is there no worry about the possibility of a backlash from the "woke" portions of the student body, faculty, and alumni over his potential hiring?

I'm sure the big money types want him, but SC also is a school involved a sexual misconduct scandal that just cost it's president's job, and LA is place that likes to present itself as being incredibly progressive.

There's also the reality that SC doesn't need Meyer to win. Tennessee and maybe FSU might, but SC certainly does not.

I don't really see that he's worth the risk. There's plenty of quality coaches out there that would be willing to take that job without the baggage, and I'm sure there are people in the admin who share that viewpoint.

nako xl nako xl

Lets say for a minute that it is playing out the way the boards are saying, Is there no worry about the possibility of a backlash from the "woke" portions of the student body, faculty, and alumni over his potential hiring?

I'm sure the big money types want him, but SC also is a school involved a sexual misconduct scandal that just cost it's president's job, and LA is place that likes to present itself as being incredibly progressive.

There's also the reality that SC doesn't need Meyer to win. Tennessee and maybe FSU might, but SC certainly does not.

I don't really see that he's worth the risk. There's plenty of quality coaches out there that would be willing to take that job without the baggage, and I'm sure there are people in the admin who share that viewpoint.
I’d typed out a long response but then imagined dacomeup dacomeup roasting me, so I’ll just say “I guess.”

Now back to the fun:

“He is following about 240 accounts. Only thing related to USC is an account called UrbanFightOnFactCheck. Whats interesting is that this account was opened in November 2019. It is following five people including Urban Meyer and Ryan Abraham. The only person following UrbanFightOnFactCheck is Urban Meyer. This may mean nothing, but I found it interesting. Especially, since it defends Urban Meyer and all the negative news that are out there including, Bill Plaschke.”

1572822160612.png

If we had $1 for every Urban/USC post in here y’all could pay him $10 million a year to be the coach there :lol:

Will y’all still have that same sentiment about him harboring a wife beater and being a POS if he’s your head coach? Asking for a friend

Back
Top Bottom