OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
great for us fans to see Lamar and his family stick to wanting to be QB and not feel the pressure to change positions.

I never thought he would even remotely be this good but he's must see TV now.

That changing positions stuff always seemed dumb to me...If you going after a dude that’s that athletic to do multiple things, it makes more sense to let him try the spot he wants to play 1st knowing he can always switch to something else later if it doesn’t work out...Why would you close the door on a recruit off top like that or not even kick the tires on the position he wants to play ? :smh:

That changing positions stuff always seemed dumb to me...If you going after a dude that’s that athletic to do multiple things, it makes more sense to let him try the spot he wants to play 1st knowing he can always switch to something else later if it doesn’t work out...Why would you close the door on a recruit off top like that or not even kick the tires on the position he wants to play ? :smh:
A lot of football coaches are stubborn and get in their own but I do understand if you feel like a guy can't play a position it may not be worth the time and scholarship

agreed. There's so much practice time available to try many different things.

I don’t understand this either. Fast mobile QBs have a high rate of success especially at the college level where the defenders just don’t have the same physical gifts as they do.

Lamar Jackson
Vince Young
Michael Vick
Donovan McNabb
Dennis Dixon
Seneca Wallace
Can Newton
Terrelle Pryor
Nick Marshall
Jalen Hurts
Braxton Miller
Pat White

Sooooo many mobile QBs bring their programs success. Downright foolish to force them to move to another position.

I don’t understand this either. Fast mobile QBs have a high rate of success especially at the college level where the defenders just don’t have the same physical gifts as they do.

Lamar Jackson
Vince Young
Michael Vick
Donovan McNabb
Dennis Dixon
Seneca Wallace
Can Newton
Terrelle Pryor
Nick Marshall
Jalen Hurts
Braxton Miller
Pat White

Sooooo many mobile QBs bring their programs success. Downright foolish to force them to move to another position.
Think like Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles said, some coaches just stuck in their ways and too stubborn to change...If you don't look or play like the "prototypical QB" they wanna change your position

And then you factor in its still programs out here running their version of 90's Dallas Cowboys offenses so they looking for a QB to do that :lol: :smh:

Lamar Jackson
Vince Young
Michael Vick
Donovan McNabb
Dennis Dixon
Seneca Wallace
Can Newton
Terrelle Pryor
Nick Marshall
Jalen Hurts
Braxton Miller
Pat White

Don't forget about Kyler and RG3. I agree with you but for every one of those guys you have listed, there are 2 running QBs who can't complete forward passes. We've all seen fast guys who can't make reads and can't hit the broad side of a barn. It's rare to find guys who can really run and throw.

Lamar Jackson
Vince Young
Michael Vick
Donovan McNabb
Dennis Dixon
Seneca Wallace
Can Newton
Terrelle Pryor
Nick Marshall
Jalen Hurts
Braxton Miller
Pat White

How many of them dudes won conference/national titles?

And how many running/mobile guys failed and burned out?

And how you gonna make that list and not have Johnny Football on there? :lol: :lol:

Finding a quarterback is almost literally the most inexact science in all of sports. Pro-Style guy, mobile guy, doesn't matter. Some work, most don't. It's brutally tough to figure out and project.

How many of them dudes won conference/national titles?

And how many running/mobile guys failed and burned out?

And how you gonna make that list and not have Johnny Football on there? :lol: :lol:

Finding a quarterback is almost literally the most inexact science in all of sports. Pro-Style guy, mobile guy, doesn't matter. Some work, most don't. It's brutally tough to figure out and project.
Obviously there are hundreds more, but I wasn’t gonna take the time out to list them all. Every program defines success differently. You don’t have to win a NC to be considered successful. If that were the case then only one team succeeds every year and everybody else had a failure of a season. And I never said ALL of them have success, all I said was that there is a high success rate.

Finding a QB is extremely difficult. But it's weird that even with the way that the game is changing and having a mobile QB is more important than ever, we still have the mobile black guys being told they need to switch positions. Pro-style guys with lead feet are essentially unplayable today.

witnesskb24 witnesskb24 any info on Justin Fields finger that he looked to be favoring in the PSU game last week???

I haven’t heard anything regarding that or his ankle, if I remember correctly the finger/wrist was on his non throwing hand. I know he walked off the field after the ankle got rolled on

Lmao. PJ Fleck, Kevin Sumlin, and James Franklin use USC to get extensions and raises.

Jimmy Sexton and Clay Helton use... UNLV?

UNLV is the exact type of job Helton SHOULD have had as his first gig.

Pissed me off even more to think about it.

I will not watch another Helton led USC game if he's retained

Brandon Sosna, Bohn’s deputy AD at Cincy interviewed for the same position at USC today. He was the driving force behind Cincy’s football and basketball hires.

E94EB531-0ECA-45EF-AFA3-39329043B749.png

might be an academic eligibility issue casper90403 casper90403

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom