OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So ITS is transferring nako xl nako xl ??
Who knows. Hasn’t announced anything yet. People freaking out because of a tweet from yesterday and he took usc off his twitter, but he posts more on his IG and that’s still all usc. Was posting stories from the team banquet last night. I think people are prob reading too much into a 19 year old’s social media.

9537814.jpeg

bigmike23 bigmike23 :rofl:

Last edited:
I was just as young and dumb as the next teenager but I wasn't out there using racial slurs or anything close to that. So i don't feel bad at all for ppl who have to deal with their old tweets being brought up

Wut? Ppl were talking about them as a potential playoff team coming into this season.
There were people with USC as a potential playoff team. You can find people saying dumb **** anywhere.

Georgia recruited Lamar Jackson as a safety

"Georgia said they wanted me at safety," Jackson said in a 2016 interview prior to his Heisman Trophy-winning season. "They were out of the equation right after they said that. ...

"I think it was the defensive coordinator. He called me and was like, 'I like your speed. I think you'd be a great fit at safety.' I was like, 'Coach, I play quarterback.' He was like, 'Well, here's the offensive coordinator.' I was like, 'Yeah, I'm not going there.'"

Get ready: How to watch the NFL draft on TV and where to stream

This would have been former coach Mark Richt's staff at UGA, and the defensive coordinator – assuming that was the coach who called Jackson – would have likely been Jeremy Pruitt, who went on to become the head coach at Tennessee.

First Cam (Richt wanted him to play tight end), then Deshaun Watson then Lamar Jackson.

Mark Richt, what were you doing? I know almost every big school missed on LJ (and we had Eason coming in that class) but it still stings. Richt had alot of QB misses. We missed on Watson and Jackson but recruited Logan Gray, Bryce Ramsey and Faton Bauta.

Last edited:
Georgia recruited Lamar Jackson as a safety

First Cam (Richt wanted him to play tight end), then Deshaun Watson then Lamar Jackson.

Mark Richt, what were you doing? I know almost every big school missed on LJ (and we had Eason coming in that class) but it still stings. Richt had alot of QB misses. We missed on Watson and Jackson but recruited Logan Gray, Bryce Ramsey and Faton Bauta.

Eason’s terrible bro.

That’s a big miss. You guys were smart getting him out of there, but silly to not play Fields over Fromm.

Eason’s terrible bro.

That’s a big miss. You guys were smart getting him out of there, but silly to not play Fields over Fromm.

I know Eason is struggling and, in hindsight, it would've been better to go after Jackson but Eason was the #1 QB in that class. Let's not play the hindsight game on that one.

The Fields vs. Fromm thing has been talked to death. Fromm was the better last season (finished top 5 in passing efficiency last season). Going with Fromm over Fields was the right move for the 2018 Georgia team. Fields did what he had to do. Good for him.

Nahh, Fields was better, period. Didnt matter what Fromm's stats was. Been saying Fields is way better than Fromm since day 1. Its night and day to me.

But, I do get the decision to play the older QB. Georgia just wasn't fortunate to have Fromm complete F up and make them pull his *** for Fields.

UGA stupidly sacifriced their offense by making Coley OC, for the sake of recruiting So Fla

It's been a bad hire for sure. We promoted to internal guys for OC and DC and Lanning is doing great things with the defense. Coley? Not so much. Although Coley did call a good game against TAMU, Jake just missed on alot of throws.

I think Coley is gone next season or we get another co-OC/passing game coordinator.

Bad coordinator hires happen and it's not the end of the world. We're still a top 5 team despite the struggles.

You guys were already top 5, the point of the bags was to take the next step and win chips

Despite the offensive struggles, we're still the #4 team in the nation with three top 15 wins and the best defense in the country. We're playing for the SEC title and playoff spot in 2 weeks.

If this is the bottom, we're going OK 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom