OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You really gonna casually hit us with the Butch Jones 5 star hearts analysis :lol:

(Spurrier voice) We don't care if the kid holds the door for ya, CAN HE PLAY BALL?!
:rofl:

The young man is a good dude. I can't help it. Rare to see kids who are humble and just good people. He's a legend to the Bosco families during his time.

so we really are about to get some football, huh?
Many of these schools athletic departments rely on the season happening. Fan attendance will vary from state to state it appears. I'd be shocked if most schools don't have at least 25-50% capactiy for fans in stadiums by Oct-Nov.

So if we do have a season with no fans (or 25%, whatever they end up doing), do these schools just make money from the TV deals from their conferences?

I can’t see playing with a 25% full stadium saving any athletic programs

You answered the question for yourself. Athletic programs can’t operate at 25% capacity. There is your answer. It’s not happening no matter how dumb those governors are in the south.

I’m pretty skeptical about the season happening. Won’t believe it until the first kick off. And I will always think somehow, if it does start, it will get cut short.

What is Tennessee doing? At first it was impressive because they were getting high quality recruits but now they're just accepting commitments from ordinary, low rated players. I really don't understand what their plan is. It's May, and they're already at 24 commits. Are they completely done recruiting this early? Are they going to process a dozen of these guys?

with the new recruiting rules, teams can't have those over-recruited, Nick Saban/Hugh Freeze recruiting classes with 30+ players where they pull scholarships and force kids to gray shirt.

This actually went down in my moms neighborhood. The kid he tried to shoot is headed to Rhode Island in the fall to hoop.

Crazy **** all around
LMAOOOO at Cristobal and the Oregon mods claiming they conveniently secretly pulled his scholarship/kicked him out of the class in the Spring. Oregon mods being all secretive: "He broke the law while in Hawaii for the Poly bowl." Didn't say **** at or after signing day when he signed with ORegon though.

Unexpected by whom...?

Former LSU offensive assistant Joe Brady, instrumental in the Tigers' record-setting production and development of Heisman-winning quarterback Joe Burrow last season, didn't leave the program on the best terms, according to national college football analyst Ross Dellenger. In a story published this week profiling new LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini, Dellenger dropped a nugget of info concerning Brady's unexpected exit the day after the national championship game vs. Clemson.

"(Ed) Orgeron expected Brady to remain on staff. The 30-year-old had even signed a memorandum of agreement, a document binding him to a contract with the school. But it also included a clause allowing him to leave for a college head coaching job or the pro ranks," Dellenger wrote. "A day after the national championship win over Clemson, Orgeron learned of Brady’s departure while on the 90-minute bus ride from the championship site, New Orleans, to Baton Rouge.

"'I found out from somebody else that it was going on,' Orgeron says in an interview in his office in March."

Brady was signed for two more seasons with the Tigers, but left for a position with the Carolina Panthers and their new coaching staff under first-year coach Matt Rhule.

Brady, who turns 31 in September, won the 2019 Broyles Award as college football's top assistant after serving as the Tigers' passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach alongside offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Steve Ensminger. Formerly with the New Orleans Saints for the past two seasons as an offensive assistant (2017-18), Brady helped re-invent LSU's passing concepts and pushed a tempo-driven attack.

Dellenger reported prior to the national championship game that LSU had offered Brady a lucrative raise — up to $3 million per season — to stay with the Tigers.

"He deserves everything he's gotten, I can promise you that," LSU offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger said about Brady prior to LSU's win over Oklahoma in last season's national semifinal. "It's just fun sitting up in the box and dissecting defenses. And it's amazing because we practice all week, and probably the last five games for sure, you don't see the defense you practice against. It's always something different.

"So sitting up here, making adjustments, and counting on your quarterback, your receivers, and running backs to make those adjustments, it's exciting."

Cam Newton brother plans on finishing his career at Auburn. He was planning for Howard University but quit the team and focused on getting his degree.
3A7157E8-A32E-4F7D-BB3C-6F4BD27AC0FE.jpeg

Another Miller Moss teammate. Sounds like they're trying to make it as favorable as possible for him.

Cam Newton brother plans on finishing his career at Auburn. He was planning for Howard University but quit the team and focused on getting his degree.
3A7157E8-A32E-4F7D-BB3C-6F4BD27AC0FE.jpeg

Why? He's not going to play. He has two more years of eligibility, and bonus has at least two more years for eligibility as well. I don't understand transferring to a school where you're just going to be a depth guy

Back
Top Bottom