OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Word is that he might switch over to receiver. I’m just as confused by this move. I know he left Howard because their coach pretty much ruined the locker room. Most of us thought he would switch to another HBCU.

Another Miller Moss teammate. Sounds like they're trying to make it as favorable as possible for him.

Jay-Z-so-so.gif

He’s miller Moss’s LT lol. We have Junior committed next year and still targeting miller and jaylin. It’s a pipeline play.
Obviously.
This is like signing Livai hoping to also get Jonah.
But I hate it. I have a feeling a lot of kids are about to get the cold shoulder and have to decommit this next class. Too many mediocre kids sprinkled in with some good kids

10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln LowLifeMac LowLifeMac kickz4242 kickz4242
Good, objective breakdown of what Georgia fans can expect from Newman this season. There's alot to like but he definitely has flaws he needs to work on. In many ways, he seems like the polar opposite of Fromm. Newman has a bigger arm, he's more athletic, is more accurate on the deep ball and generally, Newman is more willing to push the ball downfield and take risks. But on the flip-side, he's less accurate on the short stuff, turns the ball over more and may not have game managing skills Fromm does. Overall, I think it'll be an update solely because he's a threat in the run game and throws a better deep ball. Our defense will be elite, we don't need him to be an All-American

Last edited:
10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln LowLifeMac LowLifeMac kickz4242 kickz4242
Good, objective breakdown of what Georgia fans can expect from Newman this season. There's alot to like but he definitely has flaws he needs to work on. In many ways, he seems like the polar opposite of Fromm. Newman has a bigger arm, he's more athletic, is more accurate on the deep ball and generally, Newman is more willing to push the ball downfield and take risks. But on the flip-side, he's less accurate on the short stuff, turns the ball over more and may not have game managing skills Fromm does. Overall, I think it'll be an update solely because he's a threat in the run game and throws a better deep ball. Our defense will be elite, we don't need him to be an All-American

“More accurate on the deep ball...”? Lol que?

He ain’t kiddin either. You get on the wrong side of Ozee in this state, you’ll never coach here again. :lol:

Hmm, I guess so. How does he compare on short and intermediate passes?

That seems to be one of his shortcomings. He has the arm strength to fit the ball into tight windows but he struggles with accuracy on some of the short stuff. This is where Fromm excelled.

Like I said, he seems to be the the opposite of Jake Fromm in many ways. For better or for worse, Jake Fromm rarely took risks whereas, from what we've seen Newman is willing to sling it (That's part of him having a dozen turnovers last season). Regardless, it's going to be interesting to see how our offense looks, especially with a new OC

Back
Top Bottom