OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wasn't as high on Bobo as other people were. Most of the fan base was happy to see him leave, it's funny that so many people were clamoring for him to return. He's definitely an upgrade over what we have now but he's definitely not the best offensive coordinator there is.

For me, it all comes down to how married Kirby is to his scheme. I think you can win at the highest level with this scheme but it's suboptimal IMO. The days of defense winning championships are over in my opinion; all for the playoff teams are top 5 and offensive efficiency this season.

I'm not sure if it matters who the offensive coordinator is if the head coach is dictating that we play a specific style. Ed orgeron understood that he's not an offensive guy and just took a hands-off approach and handed the offense over to someone he trusts. I pray that Kirby does something like this.

Chaney had you guys as a top 5 O last season according to S&P+. UGA's struggles on O has more to do with Coley being a glorified bag dropper, than it does with the scheme or the style of play Kirby wants to play with on O.

I'll say this tho, finding quality "pro style" guys is a lot harder than finding quality play callers who run other systems. There's only a few teams who run anything close to what could be considered a "pro style" in CFB now, and NFL guys are huge gambles because 9/10 they've never called plays.

Last edited:
Tarik Black is in the portal. No surprise there but with the wave of WRs coming in and Ronnie Bell breaking out its a loss but not a big loss.

It's a big loss if both Nico and DPJ leave.

I can live with a core of Bell, Sainristil, and either Nico or DPJ, but Cornelius Johnson is still very unproven and Giles Jackson is a gadget guy whose best position is probably RB.

Chaney had you guys as a top 5 O last season according to S&P+. UGA's struggles on O has more to do with Coley being a glorified bag dropper, than it does with the scheme or the style of play Kirby wants to play with on O.

I'll say this tho, finding quality "pro style" guys is a lot harder than finding quality play callers who run other systems. There's only a few teams who run anything close to what could be considered a "pro style" in CFB now, and NFL guys are huge gambles because 9/10 they've never called plays.

I think losing Chaney is part of it but not most of it. We're centrally running the same system we had last season. The single biggest issue in my opinion is wide receiver talent and depth. We all severely underestimated the importance of losing all of thos receivers last season. Our current receiver our outside of Pickens and Blaylock (who are both freshman) is just awful.

georgia-returning-yds.jpg

Last edited:
I think losing Chaney is part of it but not most of it. We're centrally running the same system we had last season. The single biggest issue in my opinion is wide receiver talent and Fromm's puzzling regression.

I agree with you. Chaney Fromm and the WR core.

I never understand how we can recruit everything but WRs. Yeah we've had guys go to the league but they aight. Last one was who, AJ and that feels like forever ago.

How come they wanna force this Army/Navy game on us every year. :stoneface:

Because this is America and we love the troops. I was an officer in the Navy and I can tell you that a lot of the academy grads get really hyped up for it. I've gone to the Army Navy game a couple of times and it sucks. I genuinely feel bad for the cadets and the midshipmen, the game is about everyone else. The president and Secretary of defense are usually in attendance, etc .

It's really just a cold, boring football game between two team who run the option.

I think losing Chaney is part of it but not most of it. We're centrally running the same system we had last season. The single biggest issue in my opinion is wide receiver talent and Fromm's puzzling regression.

“puzzling regression” :lol:

Boy we been told you he was trash while you were insisting he was 1st round talent 😂

Because this is America and we love the troops. I was an officer in the Navy and I can tell you that a lot of the academy grads get really hyped up for it. I've gone to the Army Navy game a couple of times and it sucks. I genuinely feel bad for the cadets and the midshipmen, the game is about everyone else. The president and Secretary of defense are usually in attendance, etc .

It's really just a cold, boring football game between two team who run the option.

Exactly. Cold slow boring and besides the media/students alumni etc no one else tunes in to that.

I watched it twice only because my homie Ricky Dobbs was QB for Navy

Exactly. Cold slow boring and besides the media/students alumni etc no one else tunes in to that.

I watched it twice only because my homie Ricky Dobbs was QB for Navy

Out of boredom I turned it on and they just announced that pregame this scumbag trump said he signed an executive order that would allow players at service academies to pursue professional sports careers.

That was an Obama era law that trump killed when he took office!

Clemson offers one of the top linebackers in the country Less than 1 week before SD and gets the commitment hours later. Dabo got that juice.

Back
Top Bottom